Veteran got a Brewmaster (tips plz)

Hey, forum!

Just started playing again for the first time since WotLK. I logged into my Prot Warrior and... I wasn't in love. Decided to try out rolling a Monk to check out the new class, and, while it took some doing, I eventually started to really enjoy my Brewmaster.

However, sometimes I don't really know if I'm doing things right while tanking. No one's dying, but still, I'm just level 100 and haven't gotten to Heroic/Mythic content yet.

I try to keep Keg Smash on cooldown and Ironskin Brew up. That much, I get. Blackout Strike followed by Keg Smash most of the time except when trying to bring down a single target with BS>TP combo for double damage. Drop all the AoE on the trash mobs and then Keg Smash while Flame Breath and Whirlwind tick away. Those basics I got.

But I feel I could be doing more. I think I'm not Purifying Brew... mhm.. ever really. How often should I? I got a stagger meter that shows % of my health on the Stagger, but I don't know how much is when I should start purifying...

Also, other tips and tricks you may want to share?

Until you start raiding or doing high Mythic+, you basically never need to Purifying Brew.

Keep Ironskin Brew up - use it whenever there's less than 15s remaining on it.
    Use Flame Breath on CD, Keg Smash on CD, and Blackout strikes -> TP combo for damage. You don't need to BS -> KS very often.

Take Rushing Jade Wind and keep that on CD.

Expel Harm will gather all your orbs when you need some healing.

That's the basics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    You don't need to BS -> KS very often.

Take Rushing Jade Wind and keep that on CD.

Expel Harm will gather all your orbs when you need some healing.

That's the basics.
    This is all accurate. Once you have Potent Kick and Face Palm, you shouldn't need to BS -> KS at all.

Once you get more comfortable with the class, you can save your Energy and pick up GotOx Orbs by hand... errr, by foot.