Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

does this game still blow?

the last time i played game balance felt like rock paper scissors and being a warrior i obviously had to be the rock but the scissors that were made for me to smash were made of paper and i was just this lonely rock that was lit up like a christmas tree in the middle of a paper mill being glared at by every hunter in the game within view distance like i just said "its high noon" before getting focused and cc'd to death like i massacred their entire family and raped all of their stabled pets and it was like i could barely even hurt these vicious tree huggers

my friend told me pvp is actually pretty balanced now and i should come back but having played a warrior since wrath and watching the class become less and less fun to play with every patch to the game, im a little skeptical since i haven't really heard anything about legion pvp since the expansion launched and i'm not exactly enthusiastic about being gimped while i grind to unlock honor talents. i don't really want to invest the time and effort it takes to level a character to cap and grind out all of that stuff if this game is still gayer than two cowboys in a tent on a rainbow dildo float rolling down gay st on pride day

so give me the rundown

ive been looking into it a little bit myself but i mostly see crying about stat templates and how you actually have to be skilled to kill another player instead of relying on gimmicky pve trinkets but at the same time bitch about how those skilless telegraphed script slayers with their participation trophy legendaries dominate world pvp. Also that demon hunters are OP as fuck quenching their thirst with caster tears but most topics are like 6-7 months old so looking for more recent opinions

In many way's things were better.

You seem to be looking for a justification to try it out and ignore "the whiners".

The current incarnation of PVP is trash. The vast majority of changes to PVP from WoD to Legion were trash. Half or so of the most terrible changes they reverted or fixed after many painful patches, but that's inadequate, they didn't even undo all the damage they did in the beginning of the expansion. Participation in rated PVP reduced from WoD by a factor of 4x. They are doing nearly nothing to fix it in BFA. Their absolute ceiling in terms of doing good seems to be making PVP opt-in on PVP servers - this is a good change, but it is completely tiny.

But do whatever you want. Just don't blame anybody after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perceiving something as "bad" or "just blows" is subjective.

Pointing out the objectively flawed aspects of it still will have people who defend it if they don't see them as flaws.

If you haven't played in a while just jump back in and try it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its painful. Pvp is definately in a really bad spot right now. Unless you play meta class, you should probably stay away from it.

Im having great fun atm. There are still rock, paper, scissor. Its called comps and countercomps.
    Get better, adapt, learn other strategies. There is no one thing that beats everything in all scenarios unless its the absolute best of the best playing.

The bottom line is that if you suck at this game, the game sucks. Nothing more, nothing less

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a skill based game, look somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Im having great fun atm. There are still rock, paper, scissor. Its called comps and countercomps.
    i mean there are always going to be classes that are strong against other classes. like back then, mages didn't like hunters. but if you caught a hunter off guard you could end them.

but if you caught a hunter off guard as a warrior they had like 7 different ways to answer your ambush because the cooldown of their abilities was so short for the number of them they had and were able to utilize multiple forms of non-DRing CC while also having some of the best burst damage in the game and it was actually like this for most ranged dps which were dominating at the time so the game just felt like bullshit

literally all you could hope to do most times was to exhaust their arsenal of survival utility and hope someone else would kill them while they were vulnerable

just wanted to know if the game was still retarded like that

Deleted
    The game is still retarded yes

The epitome of this stupid design is incarnated by the shiny new lame demon hunter class, they never released anything as uninspired and bland as this

It's better than MoP at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    but if you caught a hunter off guard as a warrior they had like 7 different ways to answer your ambush because the cooldown of their abilities was so short for the number of them they had and were able to utilize multiple forms of non-DRing CC while also having some of the best burst damage in the game and it was actually like this for most ranged dps which were dominating at the time so the game just felt like bullshit

literally all you could hope to do most times was to exhaust their arsenal of survival utility and hope someone else would kill them while they were vulnerable
    In that case, yes this game is better when it comes to that. You don't have to worry about people getting away every 10 seconds, and you can actually land a kill before 10 minutes.

Arms Warrior is also pretty strong right now, so I'd say give it a try.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

PVP is absolutely horrendous.

Holy shit this topic is almost making me giving up of returning back to wow.

Wpvp does, I actally really enjoy bg's these days.

Probably bc I play a fury warr and 1 shot everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I've been doing battlegrounds on my Unholy DK and I've been having a blast. I can't speak for arena because I hate it, but BGs are still fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    In many way's things were better.
    No. This is the worst incarnation of pvp.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    If you're looking for a skill based game, look somewhere else.
    ahahha , totaly true
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Everyone who says pvp is so terrible or bad atm, without giving a single reason why is just salty.

WPvP has been silly whole expansion, thanks to legendaries *which recently got nerfed

BGs and arenas though has been quite much better than it has been in many expansions imo.
    That means healers are strong enough to not be free kills, but still killable. - this is a balance point they have struggled to find over a long time.
    Tanks has been abit out of control, but nothing new with that either.

Prestige system, which is the big PvP change in Legion is terribly alt-unfriendly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    It's better than MoP at least
    clearly, because participation in Legion pvp is not absolutely horrific compared to what it was in MoP

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Everyone who says pvp is so terrible or bad atm, without giving a single reason why is just salty
    Season 15 (MoP)
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s15
    1659 US gladiator spots > 331,800 people actively playing arena in US

Warlords Season 3
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...ve/warlords-s3
    1213 US gladiator spots > 242,600 people actively playing arena in US

Legion Season 3
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755686108
    128 US Alliance gladiator spots + 168 Horde gladiator spots > 296 total US gladiator spots > 59,200 people actively playing arena in US

lots of salty people have stopped participating in arena then I guess
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-11-21 at 06:27 PM.

If you truly care about PvP, and its future. You'll act now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Prestige system, which is the big PvP change in Legion is terribly alt-unfriendly though.
    every time i look around they are just murdering this game.

i feel like i could ask them not to put their hand in a blender while i take an important phone call and halfway through they'd do it just to see what would happen and i would only be half surprised before proceeding to beat them stupid, drag them out in the middle of the street and tell them to figure out how the hell to call an ambulance with their fucked up hand and to stay the hell away from me because their stupidity might be contagious

honestly im debating not even finishing leveling to 110 right now just because you're going to get used to having those abilities from your legendary (some real geniuses at work here) and they are just going to take them away. i mean, the past, the present and the future all sound pretty fucking terrible atm

whats worse, grinding BG marks or grinding prestige?