Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only good thing about the PvP design in WoW right now is that one can completely ignore PvP and not be missing much of anything. Some cosmetics, perhaps. Reward for PvE is attained much more easily in PvE content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Everyone who says pvp is so terrible or bad atm, without giving a single reason why is just salty.
    PvP rewards were eviscerated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kimd View Post
    Holy shit this topic is almost making me giving up of returning back to wow.
    It should make you give up, if you were planning to come back for PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Woah now, tears galore. The game is playing fairly similar to how it's always played (since cata s2). Classes are taking turns being powerful and that's still basically determining the meta. The rewards system is a little different but that's always been obsolete after a few weeks if you're playing for rating. And you don't have to think about gearing anymore.

Class specifically speaking, I don't really like arms warrior. It was never my thing, but even more so now. Most of the classes rotations are really watered down so arms is a watered down spec I never liked playing anyways.

Also, the rock paper scissors imo has always been rogue>hunter>mage>warrior>rogue (you get the idea). As a warrior if you really want to destroy hunters go find a holy paladin friend.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    Woah now, tears galore. The game is playing fairly similar to how it's always played (since cata s2). Classes are taking turns being powerful and that's still basically determining the meta.
    You werent very high rated, were you?

It is going to go from bad to worse if they don't bump the ilevel of PVP gear tomorrow as PVE gear obtained starting tomorrow is going to eclipse it by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The only good thing about the PvP design in WoW right now is that one can completely ignore PvP and not be missing much of anything. Some cosmetics, perhaps. Reward for PvE is attained much more easily in PvE content.

- - - Updated - - -

PvP rewards were eviscerated.

- - - Updated - - -

It should make you give up, if you were planning to come back for PvP.
    I'm coming back, to see the story and do some pvp, but I don't care about people's opinion, i've seen people crying about pvp since TBC when I started...

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    clearly, because participation in Legion pvp is not absolutely horrific compared to what it was in MoP

Season 15 (MoP)
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...fs/archive/s15
    1659 US gladiator spots > 331,800 people actively playing arena in US

Warlords Season 3
    http://www.arenamate.net/arena-rbg-t...ve/warlords-s3
    1213 US gladiator spots > 242,600 people actively playing arena in US

Legion Season 3
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755686108
    128 US Alliance gladiator spots + 168 Horde gladiator spots > 296 total US gladiator spots > 59,200 people actively playing arena in US

lots of salty people have stopped participating in arena then I guess
    Wow! I knew it was bad! I didn't realize it was this bad...

Holinka resigned (or was removed). I personally feel that Holinka was hand-cuffed by Celestalon and resigned in frustration. Only the WoW Devs know the truth. We do know that Celestalon was re-assigned to Hearthstone because the awful class redesign was an undeniably, massive failure that stops at his door (and Kalgan who was also reassigned.)

I feel that BfA might be amazing with all the trouble makers gone. If anyone here has played WoW for over a decade knows exactly how toxic Kalgan was for WoW.

Number of times that I've seen the PVP community happy with current content rather than lamenting the past in 9 years of non-stop playing: 0

I 100% believe that once we're a bit into BfA, the PVP crowd will lament Legion's PVP design and have nothing positive to say about the by then current experience. Ergo: Try for yourself to see if you feel that "it blows".

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Number of times that I've seen the PVP community happy with current content rather than lamenting the past in 9 years of non-stop playing: 0

I 100% believe that once we're a bit into BfA, the PVP crowd will lament Legion's PVP design and have nothing positive to say about the by then current experience. Ergo: Try for yourself to see if you feel that "it blows".
    Want to bet this won't happen? No, really, want to bet? If this happens, I stop posting forever. If this doesn't happen, you stop posting - also forever. Put your money where your mouth is?

People say this BS without thinking all the time. "Oh, the moment WoD ends you will say it was better than the next expansion" - didn't happen. "Oh, the moment Holinka goes away you will say that PVP was better with him leading" - didn't happen. Etc, etc, etc.

No, sometimes when people say that something sucks, it really does suck. Sometimes it isn't just the usual bickering. A surprise for you.

How to tell when it's real vs when it's not real? Well, in this particular case you can look at the effing numbers. Participation is down something like 4x. Food for thought, no? According to you, no. According to you everything is ignorable. Your position is such total BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, because it keeps getting worse. Since we know gladiator cutoffs, we can work out how many people play in each season. And that's gone down dramatically with each and every expansion. We objectively know it is getting worse because player participation numbers aggressively support that.

Personally the things that made Legion PvP even worse than before are RNG gear unlocks so there's nothing to work toward, removing PvP bonuses so that raiders have double/triple stats compared with PvP gear out in the world, and rewarding me with actual potatoes for winning a BG.