Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well DH exist now so I guess tinker is possible but it's probably the lamest choice I can think of for a new class.

Deleted
    Does somebody remember this class...?:

Won't be the first time BLizz introduces a previous April fool's joke to the game. And, I would love bards! Maybe not with this concept of gameplay (or maybe WITH IT), but yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Guys its simple. Almost all the classes if not all have their roots from warcraft 3. And when taking into account that, tinkere has yet to be used so thats possible for wow, and then there is classic rpg classes and the only one yet to be introduced is bard. So id say tinkerer and bard are most likely
    I'm going with my prediction of Tinkerers being brought in as the 13th class with three specs (Tank/Heal/DPS) with Bard being a new profession. Also think the expansion that will introduce the Tinkerer class is Undermine.

Deleted
    I'll say Necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    Melee healers are in the game, they just don't work well. If you mean only being able to heal at melee range, then no, that would *never* work, holy paladins need to be close to the people they are healing and are encouraged to be in melee range, but they are not truly melee healers. Such a concept would never work, and the next closest thing is already available.

Ranged tanks won't work. It would either give them a dramatic advantage on niche fights that support it or dramatic weakness to make up for that strength on everything else. The only game I've seen to use ranged tanks didn't even use them as ranged tanks... more like 10 yard range tanks. It's a poor concept that is never going to work well.

While I disagree with the OP (I think I posted in this thread already), tinkers are the only class that genuinely feel like they are missing conceptually, and the 'engineering is tinker, lol' argument is so old that it hurts to keep seeing it on the forums despite how many times it has been debunked and explained over and over and over...

I think we will see tinkers soon, but I also think that we will quite possibly see other classes in the far future, too. Tinkers aren't the only class that can be added, but they are certainly the best choice and the only class that feels conceptually missing. Add the fact they'd use ranged physical damage (which WoW is direly lacking) and add another mail class, and potentially add a healer and tank spec, and we have a perfect class for the game.

Mechanically, the game lacks nothing, but new classes add new flavor and that's important. Really you could have a ranged DPS, a melee DPS, a healer and a tank and with those four classes have a complete game, but that would be kind of boring, wouldn't it? (Imagine if the only classes in the game were protection warriors, combat rogues, arcane mages, and holy priests. It could work mechanically, but it sure would be boring.)

I said it before and I'll say it again, with as heavy an emphasis as this game puts on steampunk technology and science fiction in general, not having a tinker class playable that focuses on the concept of using technology as a weapon is absolutely ridiculous. We should have had tinkers as the first new class, but let's be fair... death knights were more popular. That monks and demon hunters were added before then was a matter of them fitting their given expansion concepts so well, but it's well past time that tinkers get their time to shine.

Next expansion (after Battle for Azeroth*) will be their day. Wait and see, friends.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I'm going with my prediction of Tinkerers being brought in as the 13th class with three specs (Tank/Heal/DPS) with Bard being a new profession. Also think the expansion that will introduce the Tinkerer class is Undermine.
    I like this prediction, especially in making bard a new profession. That said, I think bard would make a better secondary profession than primary one. I'd love if they provided short term combat buffs to self and nearby players (perhaps cheaper and weaker versions of buffs we already use, such as flasks or heroism/bloodlust), as well as various cosmetic/aesthetic features.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2017-12-14 at 03:33 PM.

My prediction is cosmetic 4th specs or new "minor" classes that play exactly like the already existing specs.
    One minor class may have specs from differnt classes.

For example,

Tinker who play exactly like elemental shaman or monk by placing turrets (similar to totems or statues) on the ground,
    blasting enemy with spells which copy exactly from elemental shaman,
    healing allies with spells which copy exactly from mistweaver monk,
    and tanking mobs with spells which copy exactly from blood death knights.
    Those spell mechanics are exactly the same as the classes they copied from but with tinker style spell names and visual effects.

Priest could have a 4th cosmetic "holy smiter" spec of which spells copy exactly from its shadow spec
    but with holy spell names and visual effects.

Necromancer of which one spec can summon small skeletons and deals damage exactly like a demonology warlock,
    the other spec instead summons one big undead monster and plays exactly like a beastmaster hunter.
    Those spell mechanics are exactly the same as the classes they copied from but with necromancer style spell names and visual effects.

Some ninja class who utilize shuriken and hand grenade as their main weapon and play exactly like marksman hunter.

Blade master who play exactly like arms warrior when wielding two-handed sword,
    or play exactly like outlaw rogue when dual wielding one handed swords.

Gladiator warrior could come back as a cosmetic variation of fury warrior.
    They wield shield, but forgo all its defensive value, and instead treat it as an off-hand two-handed weapon.

Fistweaving monk could come back as a cosmetic variation of discipline priest.
    Being the 4th spec of monk, they attack from a distance,
    using fist and palm techniques that can blow out hadouken-like shockwaves,
    dealing damage while healing allies exactly like discipline priest.

They can add so many minor classes and 4th specs in this way without having to to worry about balance at all,
    since there are no new mechanics introduced, only new visual variations of pre-existing mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shitposter View Post
    My prediction is cosmetic 4th specs or new "minor" classes that play exactly like the already existing specs.
    One minor class may have specs from differnt classes.

For example,

Tinker who play exactly like elemental shaman or monk by placing turrets (similar to totems or statues) on the ground,
    blasting enemy with spells which copy exactly from elemental shaman,
    healing allies with spells which copy exactly from mistweaver monk,
    and tanking mobs with spells which copy exactly from blood death knights.
    Those spell mechanics are exactly the same as the classes they copied from but with tinker style spell names and visual effects.
    I can't really agree with that assessment. Especially when you look at turrets vs totems and statues. A similar argument was made when Monks were introduced, but statues came out VERY different than the totem system.

The notion that turrets would behave exactly like Monk statues of Shaman totems is a very short-sighted viewpoint. For starters, Shaman Totems are very short cooldowns, while Monk statues are only talents now and have singular purposes.

Here's some key differences:

1. Turrets last longer than Shaman totems
    2. Turrets could be a key aspect of Tinker DPS
    3. Tinkers can summon more than one of the same type of turret
    4. Tinkers would have multiple active and passive abilities attached to turrets (we some some of this in WoW and HotS)
    5. Turrets would be upgrade-able.

Those five aspects would make the turret system, and Tinkers themselves, far more than simply a visual swap of Monks and Shaman. Tinkers would offer a very unique gameplay style along with a very unique aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    A huge hand cannon would be pretty sweet. I would love to play as a ranged tank that was carrying some sort of tech cannon. Reminds me of the Engineer tank spec from Torchlight 2.

This class would be different from hunters just by the nature of their blasts.

Here's an Orc version:

Meh. I prefer the Mech tinker concept.

The game NEEDS another class that uses ranged weapons and wears mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Guys its simple. Almost all the classes if not all have their roots from warcraft 3
    so?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 character

They should add the Sea Witch first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    so?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 character
    So the hero units from WC3 are pretty good predictors of future WoW classes.