I strongly hope that the BfA "flag for pvp" option will lead to balanced pvp servers

As it currently stands, most pvp servers are pure cancer. One faction overpopulates the other by insane margins and this leads to situations where the top faction just gangs up on the underdog with skilless gangbangs. Four-on-ones, spitroasting, just getting hopelessly FUCKED.

This isn't good gameplay. Sure, it's fun to shit on people every now and then, but when the standard world pvp is like this every day, that just sucks. Fair fights are what cause people to come back for more. That feeling that you just fought that guy with similar gear and shit on him. You did good, pat yourself on the back.

They say that BfA's flag for pvp system will put you in the same seed as people who also willingly opted into pvp. Sounds good to me on the surface, but it immediately concerns me that it's just gonna lead to the same bullshit that has been going on for years. If the system actually balances factions out like a bg, then good times are ahead. If not, no amount of chemo will save us from this terminal rectal cancer.

Yeah, it's not fun going into an area and being the only player in your faction among a sea of the opposing one. At that point the game becomes unplayable unless you can groupfind your way into another realm.

Also I'm still extremely salty that I transferred to a server because of it's almost 50/50 realm population and then blizzard goes and merges it with a realm that has 80% horde.

I dont understand the argument that new system will balance factions while they already have the CRZ to do so even now, what will actually change?
    And again they could do the whole 1 shard of pvp servers and 1 of pve with old system as well, but willing not choose to do so.... that leads me to a conclusion that they just want to protect pve players who happened to play on pvp realms instead of acutally do something beneficial for wpvp.
    Last edited by Loxotron; 2017-12-19 at 07:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    I dont understand the argument that new system will balance factions while they already have the CRZ to do so even now, what will actually change?
    And again they could do the whole 1 shard of pvp servers and 1 of pve with old system as well, but willing not choose to do so.... that leads me to a conclusion that they just want to protect pve players who happened to play on pvp realms instead of acutally do something beneficial for wpvp.
    ofc its to protect PvE players, mostly because of terrible server management...servers developed naturally, at first people were excited for fighting the other faction, then they figured out its just stalling them in PvE, people stopped playing, imbalances grew, people started to transfer/faction change and voila

now blizzard can either shove world pvp down the throats of thousands of PvE players who spent hundrends of dollars for server/faction change (who will be very "happy" for sure...) or try to implement something like this

world PvP is dead in its current form, damage is too high in the world, incentives are none, faction imbalance is out of the roof and you face premades in random BGs all day long...PvP toggle in BfA is not going to fix any of these issues, lets say faction imbalance in PvP is 30% alliance and 70% horde and lets assume the same amount of players will toggle PvP on. Well I guess its either going to be dispersed equally (3 v 7 gankfest on every "shard" server) or they will try to balance it first and leave the rest screwed (some server will be those 30+30 % and rest will be just horde roaming around trying to find some alliance...)

this system will not fix anything