LastLast
    Deleted
    1. Lush Jungle
    2. Underwater
    3.Desert
    4. Swamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai182 View Post
    I love the nordic themed zones... so Howling Fjord / Stormheim... Particularly like the snowy-foresty part in northern HF / the water.
    This, and forests, forests are good too.

1. Alpine forests

Silverpine, Grizzly Hills, Stormheim

2. Deserts

Uldum, Tanaris, Vol’dun

3. Lush forests

Jade Forest, Ashenvale, Zul’Aman

The only zone types I hate are wastelands. Badlands, Blasted Lands, Desolace are all ugly.

My favourite are underwater realms (vashj'ir) which i have a fascination with, followed by druidic forests (val'sharah, moonglade) and outlandish areas (Netherstorm, hellfire)

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of it depends on the music and ambiance for me, but I also like extremes. Winterspring, Tanaris, Stranglethorn are probably my 3 favorite zones.

Vashjir was also very cool. Sholazar was nice except for the dead parts. Uldum was cool.

I really prefer the simpler zones in the game, which is why I am so excited for BfA. Happy to just get a simple desert, a swamp, a valley (most looking forward to this), a forest (at least, Drustvar looks like a normal brown forest). Legion was nice, I love the uncorrupted parts of Val'sharah especially, but it goes a bit over the top in places.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of zones that are also cities, not too many of those. I would also like to see more exotic zones like the Outland zones, with floating islands, magical crystals, giant fungus swamps, etc.

I like a variety and thus all of them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love Outland, is magical, common and uncommon, stable and unstable, and very varied in landscapes, cultures and lore.

I wish go back in time and start playing wow in BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever Shadowmoon Valley (WoD) is.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snow! Anything wotlk-esque

I do like Outland and grizzly hills style as well, but forest types in Legion I find very boring and bland.

I love a bit of mix Snowy jungles are fun id love a frozen jungle zone, the races and animal life would be amzing

Deleted
    Forests, just straight up forests,

Grizzly Hills, Hillsbrad, Silverpine etc.

I like arctic/snowy forest zones the most, brings back warm, comfy memories of my childhood in upstate-upstate NY, tundras, desert zones, both hot and cold(Uldum, Dragonblight), swamps(That one little bit in the blasted lands, parts of Gilneas/Tol Barad), mountains(Fuckin' Kun-Lai and Highmountain man) and sprawling plains(Vot4W, Barrens, Mulgore). Actually just the whole of Pandaria in general lol
    Never really liked jungle zones, EVERYTHING IS GREEN! Only exceptions have been Krasarang and the jade forest.

Rainforests and jungles 100%. I dislike zones that overuse colors like brown and grey. I like saturated colors a lot.

Zangamarsh and Outland Nagrand
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Forests, grasslands and jungles - it calms me down. Grasslands need to have some visual variety to them, so more like Valley of 4 winds or Grizzly Hills rather than the Barrens.

I'm really looking forward to Zandalar even though I mostly play Alliance because I like the jungle vibes (not the swamp part though). Deserts, snows and barren rocks are not something I enjoy, tires my eyes to look at big spaces of the same colour.

"Outlandish landscape" depends how it's done, again plains of the same colour like Hellfire Peninsula or Netherstorm - nope. But I liked Zangarmarsh, Talador or Mac Aree, you can feel "this ain't Azeroth anymore". Vash'ir is beautiful but underwater navigation is something I can't stomach, sorry.

Woodland type.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the zones with paths to assist with navigation though I prefer the ones that ask you to fly and carve your own path between otherwise inaccessible mountainous peaks. I like snow and whatever your imagination can populate it with :P
    I love TBC outlands zones and ambient background music is always a big factor!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I prefer a nice tropical area like the Lost Isles.

I have good memories of relatives from similar places, but we didn't get to see them too often so it was like a nice retreat.

It's just very warm and feel-good.