Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    As a side note, people from the Philippines really love the US, so I don't see a reason to not give them aid.

Heck there were even a couple of years when they loved us more than we loved ourselves. For perspective.
    In the age of Trump, we justify giving people money, dependent on how much they like us, not their intent. You know... there is a word for that...
    Felya's Law: Same as Godwin's, but liberal instead of Hitler.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel,_Escher,_Bach
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for. - Edith Piaf
    Per GennGreymane: pragmatism trigger warning

Yeah well when people allowed this Orange dipshit to captain the ship this is the kind of nonsense, I am expecting. I will admit it isn't the worst thing our tax dollars have gone to pay for, but none the less still repugnant.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even a break rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

The US has a history of backing Governments with a history of Human Right abuses. Backing a Government that has executed people without a fair trial is not beyond them.

Also, Dutertes son was linked to Drug smuggling. He is not getting beaten to death by a mob or thrown from a Helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    In the age of Trump, we justify giving people money, dependent on how much they like us, not their intent. You know... there is a word for that...
    Supporting your allies

Wasn't that administration's "campain" against illegal drugs not basically just declaring everyone who killed anyone got off with no punishment as long as they claimed they thought the victim was doing drugs in any way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I thought it was dependent on how much they pretend they like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Wasn't that administration's "campain" against illegal drugs not basically just declaring everyone who killed anyone got off with no punishment as long as they claimed they thought the victim was doing drugs in any way?
    I occasionally fantasise about getting Duterte alone in a room, putting a packet of heroin in his pocket and going at him with a crowbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I occasionally fantasise about getting Duterte alone in a room, putting a packet of heroin in his pocket and going at him with a crowbar.
    I assume you're picturing yourself closer to Gordon Freeman than Joker in this scenario.

By the way, here's the New Yorker's non-sarcastic take on the subject. Basically, Duterte shot someone on Fifth Avenue, and said "I like Trump". Therefore, Trump trusts him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Supporting your allies
    That’s 3 words... the word is... sycophants...
    Felya's Law: Same as Godwin's, but liberal instead of Hitler.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel,_Escher,_Bach
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for. - Edith Piaf
    Per GennGreymane: pragmatism trigger warning

The Unstoppable Force Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Meh, we've been giving money to murderers, thieves and terrorists for decades now. Why stop now?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Kim Jong Un was getting tax payer money from us.
    They ask me why I'm bringin' - A baby into battle - That's really irresponsible - And getting them rattled
    I say "give me a break - Get off of my back damn, it" - I didn't learn parenting - My daddy was a planet

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    At this point I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Kim Jong Un was getting tax payer money from us.
    Trump believes we have been paying them extortion money.

Obviously that's been fact-checked, and obviously it's wrong, but Trump still believes it because Trump.