Deleted

Moving Wow from one HDD to another

Ive just bought a much bigger HDD and i want to move Wow onto it... question is whats the quickest and most efficient way to do this?

I just want to ensure that all my settings/addons/macros and stuff get moved and dont have to totally reinstall the whole thing and start from scratch...

Any advice?

Copy the WoW folder wherever you want, your addons and settings are in the folder itself.

Change the path file on battle.net up to the new WoW, done.

WoW doesnt care where its installed and how, it works from anywhere.

You can literally just move the complete wow folder, and start the wow/launcher.exe from that directory to automatically update your launcher settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just move the folder and retarget on the battlenet app if it is needed. Wow is one of those games that you can basically throw around and it'll still work.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You can literally just move the complete wow folder, and start the wow/launcher.exe from that directory to automatically update your launcher settings.
    O.o

Thats great if it does that!

So i can literally cut the entire Wow directory and paste it onto the new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    O.o

Thats great if it does that!

So i can literally cut the entire Wow directory and paste it onto the new one?
    Yes. Here's a quote from me on a thread just a few lines down from yours:

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    In order to have an exact copy of your WoW install, just copy the entire folder. If you're fine with doing a fresh install over the Internet but still want nothing to change, copy the following folders from your old install to the new install: Errors, Fonts, Interface, Logs, Screenshots, Sound, WTF (don't worry if you don't have some of these). You'll need about 50-55GB free on whatever portable storage you're using to copy the entire folder, but only 1-2GB for the specific folders I mentioned.

Reasoning behind each folder:

• Errors - history of crashes, keep just in case support wants them
    • Fonts - manually created folder to replace game fonts, you probably don't have it
    • Interface - addon installs (required)
    • Logs - same reason as errors, various logs including taints, chat, and combat if you have those enabled (I have a script that organizes logs into numbered files, I have the last 999 chat logs for personal use)
    • Screenshots - always nice for a trip down memory lane, I wish I kept screenshots I had before the end of Wrath when I lost them
    • Sound - same reason as fonts
    • WTF - all game and addon settings (required)

All the other folders and files in the WoW install will automatically be created on a fresh install or when logging into the game
    In your case, since it's the same computer, just copy the whole thing.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Just better to install it fresh and move over your addon and account folders. Just to avoid any... complications one crappy hdd to a fresh hdd.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    Just better to install it fresh and move over your addon and account folders. Just to avoid any... complications one crappy hdd to a fresh hdd.
    Depends on your internet access.
    Mine is at least now less of a painful experience to do that with, but still far from quick.
    A scan and repair isn't a bad idea if you want to be careful, though I have not found it necessary yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I have to agree with computernerd

Wow is very sturdy in terms of its files I've never had to run a repair or re install the game in any way and its been dragged and dropped quite a few times.

Compare that to gta v where, you just fucking sneeze at it and shit hits the fan.