Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Soul crushing pug experience

So I got the mage tower appearance earlier tonight and being a completionist wanted to knock out the heroic kil'jaeden color on it. My raid group has stopped real raids until new content comes out and has only been doing achievement runs so I decide to find a pug for it.

I find a group easily enough being a 933 tank with several kills on him. A 936 blood dk is the raid lead. No voice comms. Speaking with him in psts I confirm no funny strats. Over the next hour and a half we see phase 3 once. I am constantly in danger of pulling off this guy and am pulling nearly twice as much dps as he is. He just goes splat at 3 stacks of felclaws on several occasions.

This whole time we are having churn as people stay for 2 wipes then leave. He eventually leaves and passes me lead. I get in one of my ringers to dps and an old buddy who used to offtank for me to tank and fill up the group with 930+ people. We are getting closer and start seeing phase 3, and if it wasn't obvious before it becomes blatant that this will be AotC for many of these people who have stuck through at this point as they have no idea what to do about the fireball and obelisks.

We lose a few of the top dps and heals and I am forced to rebuild. I get in some...including a 936 boomkin who linked AotC. Next pull the boomkin is only pulling 20k more than me. I give him another pull and I beat him that time. I tell him I've got to drop you. He says he was pulling good numbers until he had to heal himself. Armoried him and he is only 6/9 heroic with no tier and the achievement was from another toon or faked.

I rebuild some more. We have a 8% wipe that was 100% caused by someone lagging at an inopportune time. Everything was absolutely perfect up until the 2nd fireball. The guy sits himself despite me asking him to try again as he was in the top 3 dps. I could taste the kill at this point.

I try to find another strong dps to replace him. A 940 shadow priest signs up and links me mythic harjatan. I notice something immediately wrong in phase 1. He is only pulling half as much as the other shadow priest and dipping below the tanks at times. The spawned adds come out and he gets one and does not move it into the group. He dies and I just kick him right there as we are wiping. He psts me and apologizes saying he usually heals. But I am just done at this point.

I had been at that for nearly 4 hours. I gave a little speech thanking the people for trying and apologizing that I could not get them the AotC they were trying so desperately and so valiantly to get. I just couldn't do it anymore. A rogue spoke up to pass him lead so he could continue the group, but I feel their chances were slim.

And all I have to show for me time was a big repair bill, stack of wasted consumables, and a little less faith in humanity.

You call that soul crushing?

Trying wiping the second week Guldan is available with all these "AoTC" people that actually have it but have no idea how to play in total of probably 50 hours in a mix of waiting/wiping.

Too many people getting carried as socials in their guilds.

Too many people buying AoTC too early.

Too many people are plain shit at the game but refuse to accept it.

Meby insted of puging try guild raiding ?

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Meby insted of puging try guild raiding ?
    Second line in his post, he explains his guild has stopped doing real raids. Maybe try reading the post before making a comment.

The problem is to a very large degree the over-reliance on simplistic measures.
    Link AotC - your item level must be this tall - etc.

There is less reason and less opportunity for players to get actual experience, and those with it might be overlooked because that experience is not what is actually being sought.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Second line in his post, he explains his guild has stopped doing real raids. Maybe try reading the post before making a comment.
    I have read the post, whats the problem od geting new guild after his old stopped raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    I have read the post, whats the problem od geting new guild after his old stopped raiding?
    Read all of the second sentence. "until new content comes out" which is in like a week and a half.

Pugs are a scourge on this game,nothing new

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You call that soul crushing?

Trying wiping the second week Guldan is available with all these "AoTC" people that actually have it but have no idea how to play in total of probably 50 hours in a mix of waiting/wiping.

Too many people getting carried as socials in their guilds.

Too many people buying AoTC too early.

Too many people are plain shit at the game but refuse to accept it.
    This...+1000

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't pug heroic unless it says the leader is at least 6/9m. I am 7/9 myself.

u know nuffin

Pugs are a massive timewaste and a lottery. I'm glad my guild does alt runs, because whenever I tried to gear up alt through pugs it was 90% wiping, people leaving, waiting for replacements, waiting to summon them or god forbid no lock they have to run, etc. etc. plus extra drama, blaming and kicking random people not these who actually wiped the group, and 10% actually you know, raiding.

And yep, even now when the tier is about to be over you find people who massively fail due to no f*cking clue, like tank taunting the boss while he has burden on mistress, tank not turning harjatan to raid and getting 1 shot, people with dps add on KJ going away from group, standing away from group with beam on sisters without even attempting to immune it, people on host running away with link instead of towards each other and falling off the platform with spear or standing with it on top of melee... Examples are endless. But last week 3 of the pugs we had for the full run got curve, so I guess sometimes you can pug your way to it and know enough to not get booted for massive fail. They could be alts though.

But if it's full pug, not half guild run / alt run, then with no communication some bosses like KJ are a major pita, it's way harder to coordinate soaks, kiting the ball, p3 safe spot and so forth, with no proper communication.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-11-19 at 05:15 PM.

Well mythic+ and world bosses are giving 935 welfare loot at the moment, so 935 doesn't mean anything really.

You can't do KJ when half the raid tunnels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    SOULCRUSHING
    If this is soulcrushing, should give mistress mythic a go
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If this is soulcrushing, should give mistress mythic a go
    Not anymore though, it's had so many nerfs at this point it's had any difficulty it contained removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Not anymore though, it's had so many nerfs at this point it's had any difficulty it contained removed.
    True that, boss was so soulcrushing it killed my guild
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Should check logs next time. You can easily tell the difference between window licking morons and actual good players. =D

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem is to a very large degree the over-reliance on simplistic measures.
    Link AotC - your item level must be this tall - etc.

There is less reason and less opportunity for players to get actual experience, and those with it might be overlooked because that experience is not what is actually being sought.
    Warcraft Logs should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    True that, boss was so soulcrushing it killed my guild
    Yeah, both her and Avatar claimed a few victims this tier

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Warcraft Logs should be used.
    As part of the process maybe, but talking to someone is an art we seem to have lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.