Thread: Inhumans

Inhumans

So....

Anyone out there that liked it? Genuinely curious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Acting is a bit weird, still watching it because: Marvel is my drugg :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was perhaps the biggest marvel screw up since Iron Fist.

It was worse than iron fist. it was a goddamn mess.
    Hi

Deleted
    I mean, Marvel can't do everything right, so they dedided to make Inhumans and The Gifted to prove that point. The Gifted is perhaps something like 1/10, whereas Inhumans is around -3/10.

Iwan Rheon must feel amazing, going from what is probably one of the most popular TV shows ever (and arguably among one of the greatest), Game of Thrones, to this pile of utter shit. Poor Anson Mount, also. Hell on Wheels was at least pretty decent, and Anson Mount was a really great bearded cowboy character.

Yeah... This show... "Horrible" doesn't being to describe this show.

Still better then Arrowverse IMO, doesn't say a lot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I mean, Marvel can't do everything right, so they dedided to make Inhumans and The Gifted to prove that point. The Gifted is perhaps something like 1/10, whereas Inhumans is around -3/10.
    Gifted is Fox, not Marvel/Disney, though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Still better then Arrowverse IMO, doesn't say a lot though.
    Definitely don't agree with that. I've only watched the first 2-3 seasons of Flash, but I've enjoyed it a hell of a lot so far. And Supergirl is at least generally entertaining.

Deleted
    Firstly, it's a rubbish tv show, secondly I don't know why I am supposed to think a dynastic monarchy ruling over a brutal caste system based on what was is essentially eugenics are the good guys...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Gifted is Fox, not Marvel/Disney, though, right?
    Yeah I mean, I meant Marvel as the universe/source, as opposed to DC. I'm not sure who makes and who publishes these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

You know it was the same show creater, right? He did some Dexter episodes, then convinced folks he could write Iron Fist, then Inhumans. Maybe he was on sale?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Actually the Gifted is pretty damn good stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Actually the Gifted is pretty damn good stuff.
    nah its as garbage as this. There is a formula these shows seem to have, i call it the 'fallen skies' mistake. Where instead of making it interesting and cool they just gravitate around some garbage family melodrama noone cares about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    You know it was the same show creater, right? He did some Dexter episodes, then convinced folks he could write Iron Fist, then Inhumans. Maybe he was on sale?
    wow, i did not know that.

kind of explains a lot right?? marvel get rid of this guy!
    Hi

wow, i did not know that.

kind of explains a lot right?? marvel get rid of this guy!
    Yeah, I mean, we can assume they didn't hire him for Inhumans after seeing Iron Fist, since they were already filming probably. Not sure how much the creater/writer position influences every little part of things in either event, but still.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait for the outhumans.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Worse than Iron Fist... So like Riverdale/Supergirl level of cringe?

Just got around to watching it and was surprised it was quite not-bad. Not up to the quality of the Netflix shows or AoS but heaps better than the cheesy Arrowverse stuff (which I only really enjoy if I have something else to do at the same time.) It had that cheap-but-trying look of a SyFy mini-series and I thought some pretty solid performances, particularly Black Bolt usually did okay with his silent emoting.

Unwatchable, so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Just got around to watching it and was surprised it was quite not-bad. Not up to the quality of the Netflix shows or AoS but heaps better than the cheesy Arrowverse stuff (which I only really enjoy if I have something else to do at the same time.) It had that cheap-but-trying look of a SyFy mini-series and I thought some pretty solid performances, particularly Black Bolt usually did okay with his silent emoting.
    I'll definitely give the actor playing Black Bolt some credit, but over all I'm in the did-not-like camp. I'd say Medusa was pretty good too, but it took a few episodes for me before I started liking her. Oh, and props to Karnak too, who was probably my favorite of the bunch. Gorgon felt wasted and tropey to me, and Crystal was too teenage stereotype for me to care much about her character.

Maximus had his moments but I almost feel like the actor wasn't given enough clear material to work with. His best stuff was near the end of the show. The retooling of his character to make his 'mutation' be that he's just a human worked, but I dunno, it just felt like he could have been handled better.

I think what soured me the most was that it kind of felt like a TV crime drama that someone randomly decided to ram super-powered beings into. Runner up was the Inhuman's wildly inconsistent understanding of earth, which seemed to alter based on what was needed for the script or to get a cheap joke.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    I'll definitely give the actor playing Black Bolt some credit, but over all I'm in the did-not-like camp. I'd say Medusa was pretty good too, but it took a few episodes for me before I started liking her. Oh, and props to Karnak too, who was probably my favorite of the bunch. Gorgon felt wasted and tropey to me, and Crystal was too teenage stereotype for me to care much about her character.

Maximus had his moments but I almost feel like the actor wasn't given enough clear material to work with. His best stuff was near the end of the show. The retooling of his character to make his 'mutation' be that he's just a human worked, but I dunno, it just felt like he could have been handled better.

I think what soured me the most was that it kind of felt like a TV crime drama that someone randomly decided to ram super-powered beings into. Runner up was the Inhuman's wildly inconsistent understanding of earth, which seemed to alter based on what was needed for the script or to get a cheap joke.
    The thing I found most unusual was how willing people on Hawaii were to either break the law or go to war for virtual strangers, even those from the mainland. There were less great scenes with Maximus than I expected but the rest of the show made up for it, especially considering my super-low expectations when I saw the first promo shots.

Gorgon was okay and Crystal was definitely the worst of the characters. I like what they did with Eldrac, and did you notice his teleportal looked a bit like the monolith from Agents of SHIELD?