Deleted

How to prove that I am a decent(good) player?

Dear priests,

few weeks I returned after long abscence.
    I've got a chance to apply for a position in a very goor guild.
    I probably have only 1 chance.
    So I do not have huge MS, since i cannot find a key higher than 15 as a sp and I find disc quite sad when it comes to healing pugs in high keys.
    I have some good logs, but the are from Heroic so it is irrelevant, since overgear e.t.c..

I apologise if my quiestion will sound stupid, but how can I show/prove that I am a decent player.
    I will appreciate every answer and suggestion.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexmorph View Post
    Dear priests,

few weeks I returned after long abscence.
    I've got a chance to apply for a position in a very goor guild.
    I probably have only 1 chance.
    So I do not have huge MS, since i cannot find a key higher than 15 as a sp and I find disc quite sad when it comes to healing pugs in high keys.
    I have some good logs, but the are from Heroic so it is irrelevant, since overgear e.t.c..

I apologise if my quiestion will sound stupid, but how can I show/prove that I am a decent player.
    I will appreciate every answer and suggestion.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    Join some of their m+ keys or alt runs. Achievements/logs of past accomplisments help for sure, but the best way to prove your worth is to join some of their guild activities.

Especially during fortified weeks shadow priest really shines in m+, but from my experience I do very well regadless of the weekly affixes. I'm not sure where the shadow priest stigma in mythic keystones stem from, since in high keys shadow is godlike when you get to go nuts on the trash.

7+ Year Old Account
    Logs: generate a bunch of logs and make them available to the guild you are applying to. If the guild is good, logs will tell them everything they need to know. When I doing recruitment, a voip chat was always good to get a feel for a person but it was the logs that told me about the actual quality of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Logs: generate a bunch of logs and make them available to the guild you are applying to. If the guild is good, logs will tell them everything they need to know. When I doing recruitment, a voip chat was always good to get a feel for a person but it was the logs that told me about the actual quality of a player.
    You'd be surprised how few guilds bother to look at logs properly unfortunately, most look at the color of your number and decline if you don't have mostly/all orange. Back when my rank 600 or so guild disbanded early in nighthold I had a really tough time getting into a guild of higher quality just because my logs weren't good enough due to me having to raid lead and doing all the shit jobs so the boss would die. And not saying they were terrible, but 80-90% on heroic and 50% on mythic most top 100 guilds that I applied to pretty much instantly declined as soon as they saw the numbers on the logs. Luckily I managed together with a friend to get into a top 100 guild through him knowing people and we both quickly proved to be amongst the better players in that guild.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, either aim for as good logs as you possible can get even if it means ignoring a lot of mechanics, as long as it's not killing you/damaging you a lot, leave the mechanics that will drop your dps to others. Of course once you actually get into a good guild you should not do this. The other option is to do what I did and get in through connections, unfortunately as a returning player I realise this may be hard, I was in a similar situation in WoD and had to work my way up through a top 3k guild that luckily managed to improve itself to get around rank 600 at the end of WoD. You can probably aim a bit higher than that to start with, I imagine a lot of guilds currently are lacking players(My own disbanded after we killed KJ mythic a couple of months ago) so it's possible to get lucky and get a spot in a decent guild, especially if you do like Callipy above me said and try and have a chat with them, much higher chance if you contact and talk to them than if you just make an application and nothing else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roitto View Post
    Join some of their m+ keys or alt runs. Achievements/logs of past accomplisments help for sure, but the best way to prove your worth is to join some of their guild activities.

Especially during fortified weeks shadow priest really shines in m+, but from my experience I do very well regadless of the weekly affixes. I'm not sure where the shadow priest stigma in mythic keystones stem from, since in high keys shadow is godlike when you get to go nuts on the trash.
    Definitely. The higher the key, longer we get to spend in voidform godcleaving the trash

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Especially during fortified weeks shadow priest really shines in m+

idk what's wrong, but from my experience, i can keep 1.3-1.8M dps overall, depending on luck/dung, while owlkins and Awarrs do 2.2-2.6+ every time. Plus, what i can see so far, nobody wants to see spriest in their groups 15 and higher ( in lfg)

Deleted
    There are a lot of ways to show them how good you are, farm or not logs can show some important things like, can you soak? Do you actually align your cooldowns correctly, do you stand in fire? Doing m+ with the guild you are applying to is a great way to let them know what kind of player you are, CC, interrupts and knowledge of mechanics should be noticed easily enough, and not being obnoxious is also a plus.

Aside from that could you show us some of your logs or the guild you wanna join?