Returned to WoW as a Mage, wa questions.

After selling my account around two months ago, I purchased an entry level one from a friend. Got a 110 Mage, time to gear him up. A few questions:

- I used to play a BM Hunter, and we had a go-to weakaura string that a lot of us used. It was perfect. Any such string for Frost?

- Any addons that can help with the rotation while I get used to it?

Thanks folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much the only useful frostmage WA I can think of is for tracking the 3rd FoF (fingers of frost) proc. Stock UI only shows you 2 charges, you need to know when you're at your 3rd proc and potentially munching.

Try one of these:
    Code:
    dutCeaGEHi7sizBc0(ecMjLsnxHuZwHBIi62sv7uq7f2nf7hr5NsIHHO63OmujPAWisdxrhuO4yuYcfQwkLISyHqlx0dPuupv1YOu9CLMkjtwQmDQUiIWLjUUu2icomsTzeA7skFKsjpgv9zj(UKuUNquJtO0OLunEK0Pj1TOu4AssoVaEgQ00qf)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(b9UqHVAtzi4KmgBrc4WXjYsPKSMPtju9wk4kHQ3szJ(tzmIH311ODnZuPMKd6aB0eswKedfcAtrYfVxNjlrC8ukAMrfyk4ZKvszxxO6TuW5t2KsaesEubdItB090UMzGcVNwBGc3dmf8zkR44ZuwXXNTXkWHJR7WTjDPUJtTcrIR4i0QkU4vt351rySKJBA9QuxksUi0cNpztkurOfC441qOfhlYHdaa
    Code:
    didxcaGErrTlvjBtuv7JII5kk1SPYnfv5BIs2jf2lSBQA)Qk)ucgMe63uAWQQgoP0bfv6ysQZjk0cfvSCuEiPipfzze1ZjmvunzImDLlkkYZuL66ISrvXTjXMjPTtr(ifL(SuMgPW3ffCzHZljnAjX4LiNwLBrrLRrrv3JuuhwQ(Re1JjvJAWbDWq(D(YYzbsas(L8l5xAasbKeijWbvTGQQigm0auxFNPGZUwly5zLcyueelAN1ZRQnaTO0sSa0IslXcq8O0sSqKnPnCUC13zQVZ6lykyUEvr2pmBMdF5NZ3cMa0jb658TGj((TQF)QmRyG6ss3oRV7kp21AbtaogOmCsRcmQlkdASR1cg4G0tIzvkx5Kcq7ucjq62KFf0gS(SmqMrZG8DLqaomQb9C(wWeF)w1V)hMvmmqjrOjBYpKdiDBYpqVXa5tkC21AbtaJAqvIRvzWO28zeKZ2Lah06UWpWbPKC7ahddKURleGdsC(MlaLxUMntyGKov1tp5wvWbPKC7ahddeZ6cWbPKC7ahddKwtAx3f(boiLKBh4yyGu767SEWbPKC7ahdduseL1DDHa5aI11dWbPKC7ahddduPcQQIyWWC1flIbQdoONZ3cM473Q(9)WSIbd535llNfgitWOwd5Ama

Aaand that's it.

I can't think of any rotation WA's, it's just standard cooldown management and buff tracking which you'll get down with practice.

The currently recommended Frost talent choice is picking all the passive talents, i.e:
    Lonely Winter
    Incanters Flow
    Frozen Touch (ST) or Splitting Ice (multi-target)
    Unstable Magic (ST) or Arctic Gale (multi-target)
    Thermal Void

So there's hardly anything involved in the rotation. You'll get the hang of it.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2017-11-23 at 05:20 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I can't think of any rotation WA's, it's just standard cooldown management and buff tracking which you'll get down with practice.
    What buff tracking? You can't force chain reaction, thats why we go old 2 piece and stack points in BF procs in our artifact to keep it up naturally. The bracers buff is a dps loss, when you keep it up with "dry" icelances.

The currently recommended Frost talent choice is picking all the passive talents, i.e:
    Lonely Winter
    Incanters Flow
    Frozen Touch (ST) or Splitting Ice (multi-target)
    Unstable Magic (ST) or Arctic Gale (multi-target)
    Thermal Void

So there's hardly anything involved in the rotation. You'll get the hang of it.
    You go with splitting ice for ST too.
    @madokbro: Just don't forget your icelance after flurry when you got a brainfreeze proc, it's a common mistake.

Gear towards 31-32% crit, haste and versatility. Crits is used to keep chain reaction up and garanteed crits, haste is used to keep Chain reaction up and bracers (more cast, more procs, more uptime and don't require stacking new), versatily is the dmg part. Mastery is completly useless and has to be avoided at all costs.

Thanks guys, it looks simple enough that I'll probably get used to things fairly quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    You go with splitting ice for ST too.
    Umm why? What does Splitting Ice do on e.g. Gorgoth?

Frozen Touch is better on ST...
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Umm why? What does Splitting Ice do on e.g. Gorgoth?

Frozen Touch is better on ST...
    5% more damage on IL and Icicles.

It does sim higher on ST on certain gear combinations/level.

tbh man, frost literally doesn't need any weak-auras to perform well. Other than like cd tracking, which is easy enough without them. Frost is the most shit boring, easy spec to play in the game right now. Sadly it's gotten more and more dull as the xpac goes on. Sorry you had to come back to them the way they are champ

me: mage main for the last 4 years