Poll: What do you think of a Purge: Confession Day?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Purge: With a Twist

I had an idea what about a Holiday that instead of killing anyone or committing a crime you confess to one and on that day or after as long as the confession was given on that day you could never be prosecuted for it.

Think about it:

All the murders and crimes that go unsolved would be solved, thousands if not millions of dollars and resources could be freed up.

People who have victims could finally get validation maybe even healing.

Courts and cases could be less of a burden afterwards and leading up to the Holiday.

Law enforcement could learn to be more effective by finding out how certain crimes happened.

What do you think of a Purge: Confession Day? No religious tones intended or implied and it could also extend beyond just legal responsibility.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Justice should not have loopholes in it.
    Putin khuliyo

You'd have a lot of murdering going on during confession day eve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    No.

It's just one day though, everything reverts back to normal all other days.

Deleted
    Nope, people would commit terrible crimes the day before then get away with it because the police are too overworked to deal with them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    You'd have a lot of murdering going on during confession day eve.
    No, not on this one, it's only legal to confess to a crime, not commit one, ohhh nevermind I see what you did there.

Wouldn't that mean people could kill anyone at any point and as long as they confess on that day, they couldn't be prosecuted? That somehow seems even worse than the purge..
    Imagine the carnage that'd be going on the days coming up to the "confession day"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Nope, people would commit terrible crimes the day before then get away with it because the police are too overworked to deal with them all.
    So a provision, it couldn't have happened within 48 hours of the holiday, you know like that show, cops didn't catch them within the first 48 right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elfox View Post
    Wouldn't that mean people could kill anyone at any point and as long as they confess on that day, they couldn't be prosecuted? That somehow seems even worse than the purge..
    Imagine the carnage that'd be going on the days coming up to the "confession day"
    Yeah well except 48 hours before anything less wouldn't count you would have to wait until the next years event

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    So a provision, it couldn't have happened within 48 hours of the holiday, you know like that show, cops didn't catch them within the first 48 right?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well except 48 hours before anything less wouldn't count you would have to wait until the next years event
    So you commit it 3 days before then hide, it takes months to investigate murders and other such crimes .

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well then everyone is just gonna start committing crimes right before the cutoff period. See what's gonna happen? You can't win with this. Not that it's a good idea in the first place.

Suddenly lots of "I'm the Zodiac killer!" confessions, and such...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    So you commit it 3 days before then hide, it takes months to investigate murders and other such crimes .
    Yeah true but if they don’t have a suspect in 48 hours the conviction rate falls according to that show. Take that with a pound of salt but something could be worked out. Even the original purge had a limit on weapon grades and targets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah well then everyone is just gonna start committing crimes right before the cutoff period. See what's gonna happen? You can't win with this. Not that it's a good idea in the first place.
    Not everyone if going to go along with this granted. But murder isn’t the only thing to confess.

No, not on this one, it's only legal to confess to a crime, not commit one, ohhh nevermind I see what you did there.
    Which really just means that revenge killings get confessed the year after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Could you murder someone then just drive to the confession booth and confess it before the cops caught you?

Nvm just read up.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

It's just one day though, everything reverts back to normal all other days.
    Terrible idea.

You’d have people killing a lot more and then confessing on this day so they never get prosecuted. Sure it’d be nice to see some unsolved murders solved but not everyone is going to confess even if they did something.

So you’d have people not confessing which ruins the whole point and you’d have people murdering others and then confessing so they get away with it.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-22 at 01:47 AM.

If I kidnap someone and am keeping them as a sex slave, does he/she become my property after I admit to taking them?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    No.

statutes of limitation, plea deals, pardons... seems like nothing but holes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Deleted
    No.

I agree but it has enough loopholes as it is all ready.

I had an idea what about a Holiday that instead of killing anyone or committing a crime you confess to one and on that day or after as long as the confession was given on that day you could never be prosecuted for it.

Think about it:

All the murders and crimes that go unsolved would be solved, thousands if not millions of dollars and resources could be freed up.

People who have victims could finally get validation maybe even healing.

Courts and cases could be less of a burden afterwards and leading up to the Holiday.

Law enforcement could learn to be more effective by finding out how certain crimes happened.

What do you think of a Purge: Confession Day? No religious tones intended or implied and it could also extend beyond just legal responsibility.
    This is basically how Immunity from Prosecution deals work. A small fish will confess to the nature of his/her participation in a crime or crimes in order to catch a bigger fish and in exchange he/she is not prosecuted for those crimes.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If I kidnap someone and am keeping them as a sex slave, does he/she become my property after I admit to taking them?
    Why wait for confessionday when you can spit it out right here on the forums?