Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As a "retailer" with an active subscription since the day WOW came out...I think Vanilla should be fucking brutal. Not a single improvement, including graphically. I'm not joking.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Agenda? I am on the Classic WoW forums talking about Classic WoW... Excited and hyped... sharing my thoughts on the game.
    While taking regular cheap shots at anyone who doesn't share your vision of how Classic should be or who, heaven forbid, actually happens to like "retail". Like I say, your sig says all I need to know about your real agenda

Why are YOU on this forum?
    Because I play WoW and this is a WoW fansite?

Or do you mean this particular thread? Maybe read the title.....

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    You seem to be missing the intent behind the label. Either thatt or you do get the intent behind the label and are trying to spin it in a way to make it seem like people aren’t using the term to insinuate that others are lazy, entitled, and dumb people who are trying to sabotage Classic because they are too scared it would reveal current WoW as a shit game that’s inferior to the obviously superior older version of the game.
    Why would anyone assume that retailers are dumb, lazy and entitled? I don't.

Why would anyone assume that retailers are dumb, lazy and entitled? I don't.
    Then you don’t seem to be using the term correctly.

The main problem I see with these 'vanilla' purists is that they say they want the true vanilla experience but what part of that do they want? They don't ever seem to say which part of a patch they'd prefer over another. Like whether or not a well balanced class patch should be implemented day one or how it used to be day one when the true vanilla came out. In which we'd have a game that was extremely buggy with a lot of classes being broken and such.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While taking regular cheap shots at anyone who doesn't share your vision of how Classic should be or who, heaven forbid, actually happens to like "retail". Like I say, your sig says all I need to know about your real agenda

Because I play WoW and this is a WoW fansite?

Or do you mean this particular thread? Maybe read the title.....
    I haven't taken any cheap shots... I don't care what people say they want or lobby for. I know Blizzard well enough to know we will get vanilla... the actual code from what was live.

This is a Classic Forum... not a Legion or BfA forum. There are plenty of trolls coming in here that have interest in Classic and they are the ones taking cheap shots.

My sig says how I feel... that I believe Classic will overtake BfA in popularity. The graph I show is pretty indicative of how "retail wow" has performed the past few expansions. THe only difference is I added what I believe will be the performance of Classic.

I'm not happy with retail WoW. It isn't the game I used to love. Which is why I am HERE in a Classic forum. It may be upsetting for some to find out that other people dislike their game... but they will just have to get over it.

In the meantime.. they have "retail" which means they are "retailers"... and I have vanilla and TBC to play elsewhere. I'm perfectly happy with that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Then you don’t seem to be using the term correctly.
    Don't project your distorted views of retailers on me. TO me it simply refers to the group of people that prefer to play the newer version of WoW referred to as "retail WoW" or Legion or BfA.

Nothing wrong with that in my book. I do prefer a different version of WoW though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Such a weird comparison. So you're saying previous raid gear in vanilla didn't give you an edge and better preparedness for the next raid to release? Whenever a new raid released people had to go thru dungeons all over again? Is that the gist of it, because that's the only comparison I can make from what you just stated.
    Then you have problems reading my friend. I didn't mention vanilla dungeons at all. I meant that people now can easily outgear raids with titanforged gear alone and previous mythic gear, titanforged or not, to zerg through the next normal and heroic raids. This is something you didn't really have in vanilla, except mayb ethe Tier 0,5 quests to upgrade the dungeon gear.

The thing is, you needed to have previously raid tier geared people to get current raid tier, so you could eventually through the raid tier. This is far from what we can do now with the many sources to get gear.

Don't project your distorted views of retailers on me. TO me it simply refers to the group of people that prefer to play the newer version of WoW referred to as "retail WoW" or Legion or BfA.

Nothing wrong with that in my book. I do prefer a different version of WoW though.
    Eh, I’ve been called a “retailer” for daring to suggest that Classic start on 1.0, so it’s obviously not my distorted views. So not very observant to current events on this forum I see then.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That's true. But my argument to fight private servers was to reduce false attraction that those servers give. Not because it has 100,000 players.
    The false attraction means nothing, they're a blip on the radar. You think there still won't be cheap fucks who play Privates because they refuse to pay 15$ a month?

Blizzard does this to tap into an unclaimed market not to shut down some shitty 10K peak times server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Without that worthless piece of shit you wouldn't have your worthless piece of shit of a game, this worthless piece of shit of a forum would not exist and you wouldn't be able to post your worthless piece of a shit of a comment. Good night.
    Seems like you have the false world view that one guy was responsible for world of warcraft. I got a good chuckle from this.

Why would someone make a thread like this? I'm honestly curious. Creating a division between the player-base by calling one of them "retail players" just immediately sets up tension, like they don't have anything in common with Vanilla players or something. Why cant a WoW player enjoy both? Why do you have to try and blame them for something that hasn't even happened yet? All I've seen is two groups of vanilla style players. Ones who want Vanilla with QoL changes, and those who don't. I really hate the segregated mindset the OP is trying to push out. It's a real cancer to the mmo community.

There is some serious tribalism in this section of the forums.

I will be playing both classic and BFA. Wasn't aware that they were mutually exclusive...

Deleted
    you are up for some dramatic disappointment. You will never ever experience vanilla the way you did when it came out. You now know the game, what add-on to download, what monster to kill, what profession is best, what is the best way to level up, what gear to look for, etc etc etc. So much information is available and guess what, what was the best part of vanilla??? experiencing new things, a new game, making friends to discover the world of warcraft, the game itself. Once these server come out again, players will know what to do, why would they ask for help, yeah, ok, to kill x and x monster, but that will be about it, there will be no discovery of anything because it has already been done. See my point?? anyway, have fun anyway, i doubt it though, at least, not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by popotine View Post
    you are up for some dramatic disappointment. You will never ever experience vanilla the way you did when it came out. You now know the game, what add-on to download, what monster to kill, what profession is best, what is the best way to level up, what gear to look for, etc etc etc. So much information is available and guess what, what was the best part of vanilla??? experiencing new things, a new game, making friends to discover the world of warcraft, the game itself. Once these server come out again, players will know what to do, why would they ask for help, yeah, ok, to kill x and x monster, but that will be about it, there will be no discovery of anything because it has already been done. See my point?? anyway, have fun anyway, i doubt it though, at least, not for long.
    Dude. I played Morrowind like 30 times by now. And I'll play it again, because I enjoy the game. I know every inch of it and yet I enjoy playing it. Same with Vanilla WoW. Not sure what's so hard to understand in this concept.

Retailer or noob who got ganked and never made it past 20

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.

Blizzard decides who the classic servers are for. Not you.

We allready know the purists are in the minority when it comes to classic servers.

We also know that the people who have been asking for private servers are not(not even remotely) all purists.

So here is some food for thought for you. Not everyone wants what you want, and just because you want it doesnt mean everyone else have to conform to your opinion.

Stop being a grade A self entitled dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingheadache View Post
    I will be playing both classic and BFA. Wasn't aware that they were mutually exclusive...
    I am interested in seeing what they'll do with Classic, but in my opinion there's little appeal to a classic server unless they revamp it somewhat. The original quests were boring. Running out of quests was boring. Walking everywhere was boring. Class balance was terrible.

Updated graphics and new class/race combos were great additions to the game, along with updated questlines from Cata. They really did a great job of revamping the old world. Draenei were a great addition to the game!

The only appeal for me would be to see original Booty Bay and Darkshore again. That's about it. Maybe some PvP.

I honestly don't think I can play the game if they don't update the graphics, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly they announced classic with like next to no information, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting shelved. Much like their unannounced IP whose resources got shuffled into Overwatch, or half of the mentioned features in any given WoW expansion announcement. Path of the Titans...*cough*

Anyway, I'm giving it 50/50 odds of being actually pushed to market.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Honestly they announced classic with like next to no information, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up getting shelved. Much like their unannounced IP whose resources got shuffled into Overwatch, or half of the mentioned features in any given WoW expansion announcement. Path of the Titans...*cough*

Anyway, I'm giving it 50/50 odds of being actually pushed to market.
    Nah. EQ has shown that MMOs have a sufficient number of people that can't get over their past to justify releasing it. It'll come out. What we don't know is the exact business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolbjorn View Post
    Nah. EQ has shown that MMOs have a sufficient number of people that can't get over their past to justify releasing it. It'll come out. What we don't know is the exact business model.
    I think it will have a better chance if it's released f2p + cash shop.