Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dear retail players, don't mess this up for us. As damages done will be irreversible.

Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

Anyway, the love is real. Former Team Lead of Classic WoW. Mark Kern, and his Open Letter to Blizzard Entertainment.

Dont know what he means be progression servers if that means at some point they will replace classic with TBC that would be a bad thing since in TBC they started changing the game for the worse.

Classic servers are for everyone. You aren't anymore entitled to tell blizzard what you want than anyone else is.
    Trying to silence people is not going to lead to anything but a more hostile discussion.
    Blizzard will have their own vision anyways.
    Last edited by owbu; 2017-11-21 at 11:42 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I disagree, the ones who will be playing the most and were the loudest were the people who really enjoyed the Vanilla servers as there were. They were much more instrumental in convincing blizzard to make classic servers. Now you got every Tom, Joe, and Henry wanting updated Graphics, their Death Knight, Class balance, Xrealm PVP, etc etc. All of which break the classic servers, it implement feature creep which is the biggest thing Vanilla players want to avoid. It will also take away development time from WOW's current development.

I say give people classic with the minimal to make it stable, and then take it or leave it. I expect things like battle.net implementations, but not much more then that.
    The ones who will be playing the most are the general populace. Diehard purists are a tiny fractional subset of the already small group that was vocal about getting Vanilla.

Could you please stop reposting this old video of a worthless piece of shit, that is Mark Kern?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The ones who will be playing the most are the general populace. Diehard purists are a tiny fractional subset of the already small group that was vocal about getting Vanilla.
    Really? I thought the general populace won't even touch it because its a bad outdated old game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Classic servers are for everyone. You aren't anymore entitled to tell blizzard what you want then anyone else is.
    Trying to silence people is not going to lead to anything but a more hostile discussion.
    Blizzard will have their own vision anyways.
    This ^

People will play both games, this divide between "retail players" and "classic players" doesn't exist, everyone is just voicing there opinion on what they think would work best which is actually what Blizzard asked for

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Could you please stop reposting this old video of a worthless piece of shit, that is Mark Kern?
    Without that worthless piece of shit you wouldn't have your worthless piece of shit of a game, this worthless piece of shit of a forum would not exist and you wouldn't be able to post your worthless piece of a shit of a comment. Good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

While I'm not a fan of using Mark Kern as a bench mark, I do agree that Blizzard is going to be walking a tight rope on this project. People can think what they want, but they are doing this because they see opportunity. They have a chance to bring many a player back that they lost over the years to certain kinds of development, so to add a bunch of modern features to the Vanilla world will leave a ton of people with a rather nasty taste in their mouths.

Classic needs to be something with an old school approach, these players are looking for something they remember, but also something different than what is on the current market. Blizzard is already developing one version of the game for those that like a lot of QoL features and things, it makes no sense to develop the same MMO twice. I'm guessing the goal of classic is to bring in new/old players back into the fold, so developing it based on the wants of the current player base would be foolish imo. I still play live every day, but I think about classic in a different mind set because to be successful it really needs to be it's own game, not Legion light.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Without that worthless piece of shit you wouldn't have your worthless piece of shit of a game, this worthless piece of shit of a forum would not exist and you wouldn't be able to post your worthless piece of a shit of a comment. Good night.
    He's completely irrelevant, given his track record it's safe to assume that he's asked to leave Blizz back in the day, I mean, his decisions led to his departure from his own company.

He used your pro-Vanilla movement to remind people about his existence and PR his new product, nothing more. Otherwise, he'd be snorting coke in his Firefall promo-bus.

Really? I thought the general populace won't even touch it because its a bad outdated old game.
    A fraction of them will try it, a fraction of those will stay long term. That fraction of a fraction will still be a larger portion of the dedicated classic player base than uppity purists, who are themselves a fraction of the hardcore vanilla wanting crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Classic needs to be something with an old school approach, these players are looking for something they remember, but also something different than what is on the current market. Blizzard is already developing one version of the game for those that like a lot of QoL features and things, it makes no sense to develop the same MMO twice. I'm guessing the goal of classic is to bring in new/old players back into the fold, so developing it based on the wants of the current player base would be foolish imo. I still play live every day, but I think about classic in a different mind set because to be successful it really needs to be it's own game, not Legion light.
    The problem is that
    1) It isn't the current player base who want some of these changes, as has been shown in polls
    2) Many of these changes have zero effect on gameplay.

Look at the HD graphics debates for instance. Purists vehemently claim that this is blasphemy, while I guarantee that if you polled everyone who played Vanilla back in the day and loved it, or everyone who has played a private server trying to recapture the feeling of Vanilla with a question like "Would you like it if Blizzard fixed and updated textures so that they weren't pixelated and stretched all over the terrain and various objects?" Nearly everyone is going to say "Yes."

Because why wouldn't they? This whole idea that any changes at all with somehow wound Vanilla is so inane. People are fighting just for the sake of seemingly like they are part of this absurd group. It's like not wanting Blizzard to get rid of the mold on the old Vanilla icecream when they serve you a new cone.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-11-21 at 11:35 PM.

Dear vanilla fetishists, stop whining. Sincerly, everyone else.
    Alt-reich/Trumpism is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

You think retail players are messing this up for you?

Good lord, you never really understood how fragmented your support was, did you? You had no clue. You thought you all wanted the same thing. It's kind of hilarious.

Quit bringing Mark Kern into this. He's a black mark on anything he touches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Ha, I doubt he made a dent in the effort of getting the game released. It was more so the hundreds of thousands of people constantly hammering Blizzard every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure retail players won't like vanilla even if it get changed the way they want. It will be still too grindy, time consuming, boring and requiring more than few raids to complete entire set of epix.
    Problem here is this. If retail players get what they won't it will push "classic lovers" away from the game. End result will be that after 3-6 months basicaly no one will be playing vanilla because retail players got bored and went back to retail. "Classic lovers" didn't even bothered to buy it because of all the changes or left after few weeks, because changed killed vanilla vibe.

This is pretty simple. Doing too many changes in no good for anyone - especialy Blizzard. They still want to earn money. They won't if they cater to group that is already paying subscription. They want new customers - us, the people who cancelled their subscriptions months or years ago because game got <insert your reason for leaving the game here>.

Like it or not, but main audience here are people who prefer vanilla to be as vanilla as possible. Because we will pay extra money for that. If you play retail, you're already paying. Blizzard gets your money anyway. They don't need to convince any retail player to pay that few $. They need to convince us. And they won;t be able to do that by changing vanilla into "toned down retail".

It all comes down to money.

Quote Originally Posted by oumajgad View Post
    I'm pretty sure retail players won't like vanilla even if it get changed the way they want. It will be still too grindy, time consuming, boring and requiring more than few raids to complete entire set of epix.
    Problem here is this. If retail players get what they won't it will push "classic lovers" away from the game. End result will be that after 3-6 months basicaly no one will be playing vanilla because retail players got bored and went back to retail. "Classic lovers" didn't even bothered to buy it because of all the changes or left after few weeks, because changed killed vanilla vibe.

This is pretty simple. Doing too many changes in no good for anyone - especialy Blizzard. They still want to earn money. They won't if they cater to group that is already paying subscription. They want new customers - us, the people who cancelled their subscriptions months or years ago because game got <insert your reason for leaving the game here>.

Like it or not, but main audience here are people who prefer vanilla to be as vanilla as possible. Because we will pay extra money for that. If you play retail, you're already paying. Blizzard gets your money anyway. They don't need to convince any retail player to pay that few $. They need to convince us. And they won;t be able to do that by changing vanilla into "toned down retail".

It all comes down to money.
    Bingo. Blizzard has zero reason to do things in classic to make the current player base happy, they have our money one way or the other with live. Also part of the reason they didn't do a WoW2 is because it would just fracture the player base without really adding any extra profit into their pockets. Classic more than likely is not going to be developed based around the current WoW player, they have live for that already. This will be done with an entirely different group of people in mind because they want old players to come back so they can make money off of them again.

They are already making enough money off of current players, so they have zero reason to keep them in mind when developing Classic. If you don't like Classic you can still play live where the game has been developed with our play style and wants in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Ha, I doubt he made a dent in the effort of getting the game released. It was more so the hundreds of thousands of people constantly hammering Blizzard every single day.
    Even when he printed out that petition he's basically left on read by Blizz, lol... Shows how warm their relationship is

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

The problem is that
    1) It isn't the current player base who want some of these changes, as has been shown in polls
    2) Many of these changes have zero effect on gameplay.

Look at the HD graphics debates for instance. Purists vehemently claim that this is blasphemy, while I guarantee that if you polled everyone who played Vanilla back in the day and loved it, or everyone who has played a private server trying to recapture the feeling of Vanilla with a question like "Would you like it if Blizzard fixed and updated textures so that they weren't pixelated and stretched all over the terrain and various objects?" Nearly everyone is going to say "Yes."

Because why wouldn't they? This whole idea that any changes at all with somehow wound Vanilla is so inane. People are fighting just for the sake of seemingly like they are part of this absurd group. It's like not wanting Blizzard to get rid of the mold on the old Vanilla icecream when they serve you a new cone.
    TBH most people won't care what it looks like, I'm guessing most will come in expecting the old graphics but if they get the new ones it may be an added bonus. Lots of people are spending lots of time on topics like this but in all honesty they matter very little. What Blizzard will do is add a toggle more than likely for those that want the upgraded graphics, because I'll be frank, there are several people out there that don't want the upgraded graphics who aren't " purists ". My wife is one of them, part of the reason she can't play WoW today is because in her mind they changed her characters. She doesn't mind the new graphics, they just aren't what her character looks like to her so she lost the attachment to them.

Yes there are probably some players out there that would like to have the new graphics, but by and large if you really want to play a Blizzard supported version of vanilla today you really aren't going to give that much of a damn about the graphics. Yeah it may irritate you to look at them for a while, but the experience and game play has always driven WoW, graphics never have. WoW has always been behind the 8 ball in that regard.

Haha, can't believe people still put their trust in Mark Kern.

Just shows how arrogant the "purists" are though... Newsflash: Many "retail" (official WoW) players have been and will be playing Classic servers for what they offer.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-22 at 12:18 AM.