Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ah, another OP that thinks that anyone that wants changes can't possibly be ex vanilla players. It's actually starting to get boring now.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The ones who will be playing the most are the general populace. Diehard purists are a tiny fractional subset of the already small group that was vocal about getting Vanilla.
    You need to be silent when you have no idea what you are talking about :>

This subforum is such a joke.

Mark Kern:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDr...kern_implores/

Not someone you shoudl be putting up as your posterboy.

Still he has better insight than the forum trolls attacking him.

He was Team Lead for the Vanilla that we all want back in Classic.
    I trust his views over the later ones anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Still he has better insight than the forum trolls attacking him.

He was Team Lead for the Vanilla that we all want back in Classic.
    I trust his views over the later ones anytime.
    Given his reputation on every other company he was a game dev/lead on, it seems classic was successful despite him, not because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This subforum is such a joke.
    Its just edgy hipsters posting one liners about how retail has destroyed gaming.

when ppl want to go back and afk in ironforge for 6hrs, golf clap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    when ppl want to go back and afk in ironforge for 6hrs, golf clap.
    As if that's not exactly what people have been doing for the past two expansions.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    As if that's not exactly what people have been doing for the past two expansions.
    Kek, it's been done since the game came out.

At least the last expansion took more measures than ever before to ensure the world content added stays relevant beyond questing.

I grew out of that standing around waiting for things to happen quite quickly, this expansion i didn't do much idling there is a lot to take up your time, this will become self evident though eventually, when ppl hit cap, get saved to their raid for the week, then they can spend 4-5 days circle jerking over how awesome idling in classic is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Kek, it's been done since the game came out.

At least the last expansion took more measures than ever before to ensure the world content added stays relevant beyond questing.
    Sure, but Legion's world stuff didn't actually pan out very well.

Also, that was my entire point. I wasn't saying anything pro-Vanilla, I was saying that it's stupid to pretend that people aren't still AFKing en masse in towns.

Sure, but Legion's world stuff didn't actually pan out very well.

Also, that was my entire point. I wasn't saying anything pro-Vanilla, I was saying that it's stupid to pretend that people aren't still AFKing en masse in towns.
    "Didn't pan out very well".

Haha, says you. Meanwhile, what's being brought into BfA:...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Nothing wrong with a purist.

Vanilla = Vanilla

No changes.
    There's a difference between a purist and the "Purists" though. I've met the original kind en masse and they're genuinely lovely people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Didn't pan out very well".
    Well, it didn't last, it was heavily based on what the community generally agrees were boring WQs, and tons of people complained about it from its inception.

What's being brought into BfA? More world content that expands on what Legion provided and seems to be designed to be more diverse in order to remain interesting. I'm really not sure what you're getting at, because it's obviously a good thing to make the world more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    Dear entitled former players. As a retail player, I should have more say into what Classic should be than you. You gave up on WoW. I haven't. As a subscribed player my voice matters more than yours. Classic needs QoL implemented into it. Class balancing, Duel Spec and a LFD system so we can actually play the game instead of spending an evening finding a group. You sound like those anti-LFR nut jobs. (LFR is short for Looking For Raid. A system where you can queue up and automatically be put in a raid.) If you actually cared about Classic then you would be subscribed right now instead of starting threads that add nothing to the community. Until subscribed you have no credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Nothing wrong with a purist.

Vanilla = Vanilla

No changes.
    the purists that want vanilla with all its flaws are fine as long as they aren't dicks about it. The dipshit "purists" that get mad that people recognize the flaws of vanilla and want changes to the point they accuse them of trolling/shitposting can bugger off tbh.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

Well, it didn't last, it was heavily based on what the community generally agrees were boring WQs, and tons of people complained about it from its inception.

What's being brought into BfA? More world content that expands on what Legion provided and seems to be designed to be more diverse in order to remain interesting. I'm really not sure what you're getting at, because it's obviously a good thing to make the world more interesting.
    World Quests will be brought into BfA. Improved and polished for sure, but still brought into it rather than scrapped, unlike the MoP daily system... which I happened to like, but it was inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    You need to be silent when you have no idea what you are talking about :>
    I know exactly what I am talking about.

The group that is up in arms about no changes is extremely small. There are likely to be a lot of people trying classic wow, and a fair number who keep playing. That smaller number is still much bigger than the extremely small vocal no-changes at all group. Ergo, the people playing Classic the most will be the general populace, as with any game released mainstream, not the tiny vocal group.

At a loss as to why people would care if we had the following:

a) Updated Models
    b) Transmog
    c) Battle.net Integration (Assured)
    d) Collection System For Mounts/Pets
    e) Updated Art Assets
    f) Increased Bag Size

If anything, including some of these features would prolong the life of the community. Who wants to play with 2004 graphics?

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Who wants to play with 2004 graphics?
    The people on private servers that got such a large player population Blizzard decided to shut them down, fly the team overseas who ran the server to meet with them, and then create the vanilla servers officially themselves.

To some of us they aren't flaws, more importantly even if they were flaws, they should stay.

Changing vanilla isn't vanilla. A lot of trolls and whatnot on the official forums are asking for an amalgamation of the game over the years with LFR flying and such.

It's a serious problem and luckily it's looking like they're not changing anything.
    Some of them are trolls for sure. Most of them aren't though. And no amount of head burying in the sand will change the fact that not everyone wants the same thing.