Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

6 new "Allied" races, and more...

What did ion mean by this?
    more allied races will be revealed as we get closer to launch?

People are assuming they'll come in patches, he could have even meant in future expansion packs, but definetly not at launch.

They said they intend to add more later. Maybe not before release, but likely in subsequent patches/expansions.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    They said they intend to add more later. Maybe not before release, but likely in subsequent patches/expansions.
    Yeah it's potentially a relatively cheap way to get people excited about future content patches, and it's content that's accessible to the whole playerbase, rather than just one section of it, and that makes people happy, so I suspect it will continue indefinitely.

The only thing I'm unimpressed with so far is that all the races have fairly small pools of classes they can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Ogres will become a "Allied Race" soon. <3
    Would make me happy.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, the sky's the limit. With it being allied races, they don't have to be 'sub' races and can do whatever. Some are obvious like orcs and hopefully the new fat/skinny KT humans. We'll just have to wait though. Details overall seemed slim thus far, which is strange as overall development seems pretty far.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Eh ... I am just wondering if you are able to unlock Allied Races to play if you are opposing faction. What I mean is if I am a Blood Elf, will their be a quest line that I could do (even if at max level) that will explain why there are Void Elves on the alliance and then would allow me to roll one for an Alliance toon.

Also, as an aside, I am counting down until Blizzard either has an auto unlock or a paid unlock for the Allied Races.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

He means that that is all they have so far, but more are planned or they aren't against doing more soon (tm)

...and more!

Can someone list all the classes for all the new races please?

Quote Originally Posted by PunchaNaziScum2017 View Post
    Can someone list all the classes for all the new races please?
    Here you go. Classes for the Zandalari and Dark Iron are still unknown, oddly enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Here you go. Classes for the Zandalari and Dark Iron are still unknown, oddly enough.
    Likely will overlap with their playable cousins ... maybe with some changes ... Dark Iron Paladin doesn't sound right to me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Likely will overlap with their playable cousins ... maybe with some changes ... Dark Iron Paladin doesn't sound right to me.
    We know that there are already some changes in both addition and subtraction (Void Elves especially have an entirely different class scheme than Night Elves, as they should be). As long as Zandalari can be Paladins I'll be happy.

New draenei racials sound good, especially for hunters. I wonder if the new draenei have the heal "Gift of the Naaru" like the regular draenei have?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been thinking, and will try listing the possible potential allied races to come (including the confirmed 6 for completeness).

Classic races:
    Alliance
    Dark Iron Dwarf (confirmed)
    Wildhammer dwarf
    Leper gnome (sounds unlikely tho)

Horde
    Undead high elf
    Frostwolf orc
    Blackrock orc
    Zandalari troll (confirmed)

Burning crusade races:
    Alliance
    Broken draenei
    Horde
    Mag'har orc

Mists of Pandaria
    Alliance
    Jinyu
    Horde
    Hozen

Legion
    Alliance
    Void elf (confirmed)
    Lightforged draenei (confirmed)
    Horde
    Highmountain tauren (confirmed)
    Nightborne elf (confirmed)
    Helajar vrykul (unlikely)

Based on an interview by Panser with the devs, they don't seem to expect to add more allied races unless a situation arises where it makes sense. I think what they announced is all we're getting unless something comes up down the road.

- - - Updated - - -

New draenei racials sound good, especially for hunters. I wonder if the new draenei have the heal "Gift of the Naaru" like the regular draenei have?
    They do not on the demo. They have all new abilities. I'm curious though which you think sound good for hunters? They seem cosmetic and ineffective like the other racial abilities. I was hoping they would overhaul racial abilities if subraces were a thing and make at least 1 ability for each race be a bit more potent like the old troll berserk. However the new draenei currently have on the demo:

One ability that does damage on a 2.5 min cd and the final damage will likely be very weak like all other racials.

One summons a forge for blacksmithing.

Demonbane currently is +20% exp vs beasts, but ..that's probably meant to be +20% vs demons and they just haven't changed it since it's a copy & paste ability from the trolls (Beast Slaying which is +20% exp vs beasts).

Holy Resistance is 1% less holy damage, which is the rarest form of damage in the game.

And then a small blast of damage/healing when you die (your goal should be to never actually see this ability used).

Overall, very thematic, but lackluster in performance which is okay since everyone else has pretty meh ones currently anyway.
    Last edited by Lucavian; 2017-11-04 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    I've been thinking, and will try listing the possible potential allied races to come (including the confirmed 6 for completeness).

Classic races:
    Alliance
    Dark Iron Dwarf (confirmed)
    Wildhammer dwarf
    Leper gnome (sounds unlikely tho)

Horde
    Undead high elf
    Frostwolf orc
    Blackrock orc
    Zandalari troll (confirmed)

Burning crusade races:
    Alliance
    Broken draenei
    Horde
    Mag'har orc

Mists of Pandaria
    Alliance
    Jinyu
    Horde
    Hozen

Legion
    Alliance
    Void elf (confirmed)
    Lightforged draenei (confirmed)
    Horde
    Highmountain tauren (confirmed)
    Nightborne elf (confirmed)
    Helajar vrykul (unlikely)
    Zandalari trolls were introduced in mop. Forest trolls (revantusk tribe) were with the horde since classic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Zandalari trolls were introduced in mop. Forest trolls (revantusk tribe) were with the horde since classic
    In fact, Zandalari were in patch 4.1 (Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub 2.0), if not before that. Small detail though.

Why would they get extra racials? No, they have that new set of racials and do not have the normal draenei racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    In fact, Zandalari were in patch 4.1 (Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub 2.0), if not before that. Small detail though.
    Oh right, they were. They were also technically in vanilla as the rep faction for all the zg turn in if I remember, though they only looked like jungle trolls

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Based on an interview by Panser with the devs, they don't seem to expect to add more allied races unless a situation arises where it makes sense. I think what they announced is all we're getting unless something comes up down the road.

"more planned"

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Oh right, they were. They were also technically in vanilla as the rep faction for all the zg turn in if I remember, though they only looked like jungle trolls
    Yeah, hard to say where to put them, so I went with the base.