1. #1

    Comeback to WoW after a couple months!

    Yo guys, as the title says, i plan being back on WoW for the winter.

    I played a little bit of Legion with my main( Mage ).

    I got my Warrior to 107 before leaving the game. I would like to try a little bit of Tanking in PvE but i don't know if i'll go hardcore with this.

    My question is : I would like to have some fun and do PvP besides Tanking.

    what is the most fun spec to play as a Warrior right now ?


    Thank you so much

  2. #2
    The most fun is entirely subjective and different from individual to individual.

    You won't really have fun in PvP as a warrior in BG's if you don't bring a pocket healer - but that's a tale as old as time for warriors in bg's.

    Prot and Fury have significant overlap in stat priority, both highly valuing haste. So if you wanted maintain one gearset that works well with both specs, Fury would be your choice if that's a consideration of yours.

    Warrior tanking really punishes you if you're not good at it and some people really dislike playing with the meta of using Devastator. So if you're up for that challenge, go for it.

    Personally I play all 3 specs and enjoy them all. Fury is GCD locked, Arms is pretty simple and less 'spammy' than Fury and prot... is prot. lol

    I can't really help you define what's most fun for you, but I will say this. Don't let the leveling process be your decision on Arms or Fury as they can be challenging to survive if you get overwhelmed, but it's entirely possible with the right talents - talents less used in PvE endgame.

  3. #3
    Your Answer as been really helpful for me.

    i didn't know that Fury / Prot were close in term of stats priorities.

    That'll help me make my choice.

    Thank you so much!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledux View Post
    Your Answer as been really helpful for me.

    i didn't know that Fury / Prot were close in term of stats priorities.

    That'll help me make my choice.


    Thank you so much!!

    You're welcome dude

  5. #5
    My main thing has been tanking. When I've dabbled in DPS for giggles in the past I used to default to Arms, but this time around I played with Fury and quite enjoyed it. And as previously mentioned it does share a whole lot with the gearing strategy for Prot, so there's some nice synergy there if you intend to play around in both roles.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    My main thing has been tanking. When I've dabbled in DPS for giggles in the past I used to default to Arms, but this time around I played with Fury and quite enjoyed it. And as previously mentioned it does share a whole lot with the gearing strategy for Prot, so there's some nice synergy there if you intend to play around in both roles.
    Thank you so much for your heads up!

    Really appreciated. My choice is made !

  7. #7
    I just resubbed aswell a few weeks ago and decided to cap my warrior who had been my main for the previous 10 years, and I've had a lot of fun on it.
    I've enjoyed Fury a whole lot, and once you get caught up on some gear there's not a lot of things holding you back in terms of like Argus WQs and stuff.
    Prot seems like it's still prot and I've always enjoyed it.
    I'm yet to play Arms this expansion but I look forward to trying it out.

    I always have a hard time choosing mains when a new xpac arrives, often leveling a new class almost straight away after I capped my first choice.
    But this time I feel like Warrior is once again my lovely main.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shyosa View Post
    I just resubbed aswell a few weeks ago and decided to cap my warrior who had been my main for the previous 10 years, and I've had a lot of fun on it.
    I've enjoyed Fury a whole lot, and once you get caught up on some gear there's not a lot of things holding you back in terms of like Argus WQs and stuff.
    Prot seems like it's still prot and I've always enjoyed it.
    I'm yet to play Arms this expansion but I look forward to trying it out.

    I always have a hard time choosing mains when a new xpac arrives, often leveling a new class almost straight away after I capped my first choice.
    But this time I feel like Warrior is once again my lovely main.
    I agree with you. It's always hard chosing a main when the expansion comes out.

    For now, i always played my mage as a main.( Since 2005 ). But with a couple of alts. I feel like to enjoy the game completely, you need to do something else sometimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •