Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ran an upper 9 to test it on my shadow priest... Not impressed by the changes. Granted I know its probably the worst dungeon for trash, but it still feels the same. You have no control over WHEN you can AoE. If I carry shadowform to the next pack and it falls off midway through, meaning i can't get a VE casted on that pack, its just a wash. I tried it with shadow crash, and its just too weak for upper 9. Its disappointing, but might work better in more consistent trash packs/teeming.

Also, I just ran a BRH 11 where I had to carry 2 other DPS (totalled 1.6 mil, other DPS under 600k), had lots of wipes so my actual damage is higher than this, and it performed better than expected. It might just be alright heading into antorus. My only wish would be to throw mind sear and shadow crash damage on the crit damage % gain on 2p..
    Last edited by Jaigar; 2017-11-28 at 09:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post
    Ran an upper 9 to test it on my shadow priest... Not impressed by the changes. Granted I know its probably the worst dungeon for trash, but it still feels the same. You have no control over WHEN you can AoE. If I carry shadowform to the next pack and it falls off midway through, meaning i can't get a VE casted on that pack, its just a wash. I tried it with shadow crash, and its just too weak for upper 9. Its disappointing, but might work better in more consistent trash packs/teeming.

Also, I just ran a BRH 11 where I had to carry 2 other DPS (totalled 1.6 mil, other DPS under 600k), had lots of wipes so my actual damage is higher than this, and it performed better than expected. It might just be alright heading into antorus. My only wish would be to throw mind sear and shadow crash damage on the crit damage % gain on 2p..
    Damn thats too bad

i really wanted to play my priest but like others here i really really hate the fact that the aoe is trash and looks like it still is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaigar View Post

I've ran BRH 12 last night (EU servers here) while buffs weren't on with legendary chest and managed to pull overall 1,5 mil. I guess the damage would be higher with the buffs.

I've had chest/sephuz and terror/thurble with 4pc. It's all about planning ahead and knowing the instance on how will you use VF cycles. Will you carry current on to next pack or will you intentionally let it wear of so you have LI ready for next pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    Nah, it's much simplier. None of blizz top-class-designers(or whatever they called) playing SP, and so they have to make decisions based on forum feedback/logs, and we all know how it can go. This is why some classes like warlock gets fixed in a matter of weeks, and some classes have to wait a year just to get confirmation that problem was acknowledged by blizz.
    funny, i hear this about every spec. so apparently devs dont have accounts and/or play the game. good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    funny, i hear this about every spec. so apparently devs dont have accounts and/or play the game. good to know.
    Warlock. One dev is definitely playing warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    Warlock. One dev is definitely playing warlock.
    Was. That dude got fired. The last three expansions have been slowly carving off all the insane bullshit that dude piled high on that class, such that warlocks are now merely OP as fuck rather than literal walking gods.

Locks were so awful for most of Legion. It’s nice to see them getting some love. Demo and Destro still aren’t viable. I watched Future raid and spriest looks pretty decent in most Antorus fights. But not as strong as locks

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    Locks were so awful for most of Legion. It’s nice to see them getting some love. Demo and Destro still aren’t viable. I watched Future raid and spriest looks pretty decent in most Antorus fights. But not as strong as locks
    This is just wrong.

Locks were weak in EN, but still viable.

Destro have been highly competitive since early NH, and Aff was the best caster for all of NH, and still very competitive after the MG nerf.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    Warlocks wasnt at the top of the damage meters purely because of S2M bullshit. As soon it gets nerfed, warlocks became legit. And since pre-NH patch warlocks are the best casters for every content possible.

Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 12%.
    All other abilities increased by 3%.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...tenance-dec-5/

And discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Nothing to discuss. It's the "Whoops we tuned Shadow to be competitive so let's nerf it after the first week then leave it alone for the rest of the expansion while every other class outscales it" damage hotfix we've all come to know and love.

I'm so glad I dumpstered my priest.

It's absolutely amazing they've gone 3/4 of an expansion and still have no idea what they're doing with this spec.

Deleted
    They reduced effectiveness of our dots, so making also Mass Hysteria weaker. Reducing the ramping up part of our dps. Buffed all our other abilities. Isn't that exactly what ppl in these forums cry for?

People do not generally asked to be nerfed, no, you troll.

Deleted
    Can't really call ~2-5% tuning a nerf on a class that performs extremely well in the new raid imo.

last week they already balanced void eruption changes.
    Shadow Word: Pain/ Vampiric Touch
    Damage reduced by 4%.
    Developers Note: This is compensation for the Void Eruption buff in extended fights.
    and what do u want from us, want us to be bottom dps? kicked and excluded from everywhere? i already have huge problems getting in m+ cos of bad reputation now raids are gone too. k i would say not gone but if it doesnt matter how good u are or ur ilvl is then why would i choose to play spriest. working hard getting better gear then others but still bottom....

Deleted
    Shadow priest will still be on top half of all spec in Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    Shadow priest will still be on top half of all spec in Antorus.
    And still bottom tier in mythic+. It is a bit of a messy situation with our spec with how making it decent in mythic+ makes it broken in raids.

Deleted
    Indeed. It's really shitty situation. I don't get it why Blizzard doesn't nerf Mass Hysteria. Capping it to 30 or something would solve most issues. Rest would be number tuning issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripalii View Post
    Indeed. It's really shitty situation. I don't get it why Blizzard doesn't nerf Mass Hysteria. Capping it to 30 or something would solve most issues. Rest would be number tuning issues.
    Yeah, I'm assuming they just don't want to do any major changes anymore in this expansion but hopefully it won't stay in BFA.