Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Shadowpirest changes incoming!

The goal is to improve short term and aoe damage because of the long ramp up time.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=276762/s...ges-11-28-2017

I'm excited, might dust off my priest!

sorry for dyslexic title

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I always like Shadow Priest since it was kinda ranged feral.. Nice to see you got your own "Brutal slash".. I'll brush my SP alt off I think.

The main problem and the cause of the long ramp-up is mass hysteria though. These changes are nice anyways and hopefully MH will be gone next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    The main problem and the cause of the long ramp-up is mass hysteria though. These changes are nice anyways and hopefully MH will be gone next expansion.
    Not really an attempt to nerf our dot damage, more trying to buff our AOE. The dot nerf is just there to offset the burst Void Eruption will provide. Actually went and did the math on our mythic run tonight and took away 4% of my dot damage on fights and multiplied my VE damage and it ended up being a tiny increase on ST, but it will be amazing for burst AOE.

if shadowcrash aint baseline, nothing really changes. Voidform spalsh dmg is still minor af, when lets say the time we manage to pain small blobs in EoA, a warrior already did 10mil dps and the blobs died before we even build up to 65 insanity to cast voidform. Yay.

And no im not talking about <15 keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Biosync View Post
    if shadowcrash aint baseline, nothing really changes. Voidform spalsh dmg is still minor af, when lets say the time we manage to pain small blobs in EoA, a warrior already did 10mil dps and the blobs died before we even build up to 65 insanity to cast voidform. Yay.

And no im not talking about <15 keys.
    I think their idea is to have shadow use shadowcrash for those sub 15 keys and using on every pull/cd for insanity and pack damage
    Last edited by Glnger; 2017-11-22 at 08:00 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    I think their idea is to have shadow use shadowcrash for those sub 15 keys and using on every pull for insanity and damage
    Still damage you'd be trading for it is too much to pass. You still need 35 more insanity to get into VF. You'll never use SC outside of VF. You still need to use a GCD to have SWP up on targets in order to maximize damage of Void Eruption.

These changes won't help much.

I agree, that's why I said it's their idea... shadow crash at a 10sec or 15 sec cd maybe.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Deleted
    why does blizz even bother changing anything about shadow priest burst aoe when it doesn't make shadow priest the single best burst aoe spec in the game i dont get it

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priests never asked a top place in AoE DPS, but having none is just dumb. Only class in the game that HAS to spec into AoE. Joke.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still playing it...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    why does blizz even bother changing anything about shadow priest burst aoe when it doesn't make shadow priest the single best burst aoe spec in the game i dont get it
    Because it doesnt have to be the best aoe burst spec to be good? Theres a big difference between
    "time to aoe............................................................... there we g, oh they dead." and
    "time to aoe............ ah yeah some aoe going on!................................................."

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Only class in the game that HAS to spec into AoE.
    Bullshit .

Shadow priests never asked a top place in AoE DPS, but having none is just dumb. Only class in the game that HAS to spec into AoE. Joke.

What? Affliction does virtually no aoe damage on high keys unless you spec for sow the seeds. Destruction also has to spec for aoe. Druid has, you guessed it, to spec for aoe via stellar drift or the cost and radius of starfall is outrageous.

Guess who the other shit aoe spec is that has to spec into aoe and be absolute garbage single target as a tradeoff for mediocre aoe? Oh, demonhunters.

Deleted

And then people cry about homogenisation of the classes. Just give every class the same tool kits but with different coloured spells and all is perfect.

warlock says hi.

I'll take it don't get me wrong, but how did this take a year to happen lol
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2017-11-22 at 09:28 AM.

are these changes going to affect Shadow Priest in a good way or is it just to compemsate for the t21 nerf that i read about, are they set to be FOTM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only class in the game that HAS to spec into AoE. Joke.
    lyl, seems like someone has no clue.

I think the best buff might actually be the 60% buff to Shadow Crash's movement speed. That shit's so slow stuff often leaves the circle or dies before it lands.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    I'll take it don't get me wrong, but how did this take a year to happen lol
    We are not warlocks. None of blizz class-designers playing SP. So it takes a lot of time for community managers to grab feedback from forums.

Changes looks to be very OK. Its all up to trinkets imho.