Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    What? Affliction does virtually no aoe damage on high keys unless you spec for sow the seeds. Destruction also has to spec for aoe. Druid has, you guessed it, to spec for aoe via stellar drift or the cost and radius of starfall is outrageous.

Guess who the other shit aoe spec is that has to spec into aoe and be absolute garbage single target as a tradeoff for mediocre aoe? Oh, demonhunters.
    All other clases have some sort of AoE damage. Seed does AoE damage and applies corruption without it being talented. Destruction has (altho it does low damage) Rain of Fire. Same goes for Starfall, you can make it more powerful by specing into specific talents that boost its damage.

What do Shadow Priests have? Nothing beside mind sear which damage stops as soon as the target you're channeling mind flay on dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    lyl, seems like someone has no clue.
    Can you enlighten me please? And I'm not being sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Only class in the game that HAS to spec into AoE. Joke.
    Lol no. That's a trade off that pretty much every DPS class has to make when choosing talents and usually there is a steep difference. Some classes' talent trees ended up making more sense than others' though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    What? Affliction does virtually no aoe damage on high keys unless you spec for sow the seeds. Destruction also has to spec for aoe. Druid has, you guessed it, to spec for aoe via stellar drift or the cost and radius of starfall is outrageous.

Guess who the other shit aoe spec is that has to spec into aoe and be absolute garbage single target as a tradeoff for mediocre aoe? Oh, demonhunters.
    Am I gettin it wrong, or one of your gold artifact trait literaly passive aoe, and it was nerfed because of crazy damage it provides without any afford?

Deleted
    I just find absurd that a priest must go holy to clear faster low level dungeon or raids XD

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    I just find absurd that a priest must go holy to clear faster low level dungeon or raids XD
    Having SW:P deal a small amount of AoE damage when applied would fix this without affecting max-level content.

Make shadow crash either apply SW: P or VT (or both) to all targets it hits, or make Void eruption spread one of the dots (or both) to few targets/all in the area.

PS: I'm really curious to see how Shadow will play now in AoE scenarios, as the Void Erruption has 2 limitation
    1. you need Pain or VT on the target for it to be hit by Eruption, and no way to apply those to multiple at once
    2. you can only use it once per Void cycle, will this mean that we will drop the form by choice to get advantage of explosions more often???

Also did they think about the implications on PvP, that Void Eruption + being instant in PvP means a lot of dmg ( for sure they will adjust it for PvP)
    Last edited by Ashgaan; 2017-11-22 at 10:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i dunno, jsut reskin holy nova nad add that as void nova? how hard can that be ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    Make shadow crash either apply SW: P or VT (or both) to all targets it hits, or make Void eruption spread one of the dots (or both) to few targets/all in the area.
    So... Legendary ring?

Deleted
    These changes are a NERF to our damage in M+.

You can never spec shadow crash as time the taken to get into voidform is the largest issue.

Doing decent damage was all about rolling the same voidform across two packs, so we don't have to spend time ramping up again. Which means you aren't casting VEruption on the 2nd pack, and our dots just got nerfed by 4%.

Shadowcrash should apply our dots to the targets hit, and go back to 30s cd,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    i dunno, jsut reskin holy nova nad add that as void nova? how hard can that be ;P
    This!

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    So... Legendary ring?
    If you're referring to The Twins, that legendary is not so great compared to others we have. It's more about having it baked into the ability

Also the ring has some wierd limitation, you need to be in void form and only works for the first flay. So you miss a lot of dmg from Eruption. The point is to have a way to easily spread one of the dots to multiple targets so you can hit them with Eruption after.
    Last edited by Ashgaan; 2017-11-22 at 10:47 AM.

If you're referring to The Twins, that legendary is not so great compared to others we have. It's more about having it baked into the ability

Also the ring has some wierd limitation, you need to be in void form and only works for the first flay. So you miss a lot of dmg from Eruption. The point is to have a way to easily spread one of the dots to multiple targets so you can hit them with Eruption after.
    It doesn't matter if it's weaker; It has the *exact* effect you want (void eruption spreads dots to a few targets). The way you described it, you wouldn't get dmg from eruption either; Eruption only hits targets with dots, so popping eruption to spread the dots wouldn't hit them with dmg, it'd do the exact same thing as the twins ring. You're now asking for a completely different functionality with your newest post - "spread dots, then erupts for a lot of damage after". So... Triggering eruption twice? Fuck'd if I know.

The only difference is that the way you described it, dots would spread instantly when you erupt, while with ring, you gotta channel a tick of mind flay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It doesn't matter if it's weaker; It has the *exact* effect you want (void eruption spreads dots to a few targets). The way you described it, you wouldn't get dmg from eruption either; Eruption only hits targets with dots, so popping eruption to spread the dots wouldn't hit them with dmg, it'd do the exact same thing as the twins ring. You're now asking for a completely different functionality with your newest post - "spread dots, then erupts for a lot of damage after". So... Triggering eruption twice? Fuck'd if I know.

The only difference is that the way you described it, dots would spread instantly when you erupt, while with ring, you gotta channel a tick of mind flay.
    Convenient that you only took the second part, and not the first option ( Shadow crash spreading or actually applying the dots), and usually the first option in any statement is the preferred one.

Nonetheless, even with VEr, it depends on how they code it: if the spread will happen before or after the dmg. It's day-dreaming either way, maybe some change will happen in the new expansion.

PS: BM hunters got one of their legendary baked into the spec, as the rotation was clunky without it. Why can't SP have the same?? and free up a legendary space and also not make it dependent on it.
    Last edited by Ashgaan; 2017-11-22 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted

PS: BM hunters got one of their legendary baked into the spec, as the rotation was clunky without it. Why can't SP have the same?? and free up a legendary space and also not make it dependent on it.
    None of spec specific legendaries do anything in M+ anyways

Convenient that you only took the second part, and not the first option ( Shadow crash spreading or actually applying the dots), and usually the first option in any statement is the preferred one.
    You said make shadow crash apply dots *or* make eruption spread.I have nothing against the first idea, so I commented on the second, because I found it stupid to suggest something you already have the ability to do.

Nonetheless, even with VEr, it depends on how they code it: if the spread will happen before or after the dmg. It's day-dreaming either way, maybe some change will happen in the new expansion.
    Yea but that is, again, not what you stated initially. There's a bunch of ways it can be made to work, but it requires a redesign of the spell.

I fully agree. Mangazas should 100% be baseline for spriest, shit feels super clunky without it, same as Hunter used to. Doesn't really do anything for your aoe though, except let's you wear a different one that likely wouldn't be the ring anyway as far as I've understood (it's not as if spriest plays "badly" during aoe in the same way it feels terrible to cut so many mindblasts without mangazas. You just don't do a lot of burst. That's not "clunky").

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    The goal is to improve short term and aoe damage because of the long ramp up time.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=276762/s...ges-11-28-2017

I'm excited, might dust off my priest!

sorry for dyslexic title
    After years of being 70 I finally leveled my shadow priest to 110 a few days ago, looks like my timing couldn't have been better! She's fun, but yeah I noticed that anything that isn't a boss in dungeons tends to die before she can do much.

So these changes and buffs sound pretty good to me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Biosync View Post
    if shadowcrash aint baseline, nothing really changes. Voidform spalsh dmg is still minor af, when lets say the time we manage to pain small blobs in EoA, a warrior already did 10mil dps and the blobs died before we even build up to 65 insanity to cast voidform. Yay.

And no im not talking about <15 keys.
    Yep. These changes are basically worthless.

Here's an idea: Instead of all this Void Eruption bullshit, why not make Shadow Crash baseline and/or have it apply SW:P to all targets affected? (It could even be a "mini" SW:P like the mini-atonement caused by the AoE heal in Disc... the name escapes me).

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Here's an idea: Instead of all this Void Eruption bullshit, why not make Shadow Crash baseline and/or have it apply SW:P to all targets affected? (It could even be a "mini" SW:P like the mini-atonement caused by the AoE heal in Disc... the name escapes me).
    Power Word: Radiance. Are you suggesting Shadow Crash to apply SW:P to all targets hit, but at a decreased duration? Interesting.

(about the 'dyslexic' title: I actually read it as 'shadowpirates' the first time)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Yep. These changes are basically worthless.

Blizz stated in one of the interviews after blizzcon, that they will be removing binary talent choices in BfA like a talent tier that has a single target versus aoe talent. So instead of a few tiers that are like ST/AoE/ST or AoE/ST/AoE etc., all tiers would be ST/ST/ST or Aoe/Aoe/Aoe.

If they deliver on this plan, it would mean shadow crash should now be on a tier with other AoE focused talents so you can choose how to AoE or how to ST and not have to choose between one or the other thus gimping yourself in one.

They definitely started to do this with other classes throughout Legion by moving talents around to create more interesting choices and not binary decisions between do you want to kill bosses *or* clear trash. I think that's a really good change and we should never be choosing between ST and AoE, just how we want to ST and AoE (Burst, sustain, CC etc.)

Deleted
    When I've read about the buff to spriest AoE I was screaming "MIND SEAR IS BACK! MIND SEAR IS BACK!"
    Buuuuut no! Till they return the true mind sear I think Spriests will be shit in AoE no matter what!