Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Blizz stated in one of the interviews after blizzcon, that they will be removing binary talent choices in BfA like a talent tier that has a single target versus aoe talent.
    Cool, lets wait for one more year with no AOE and pray that someone from blizz will heard us and fix it.
    inb4 they will bring back mind sear

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    All other clases have some sort of AoE damage. Seed does AoE damage and applies corruption without it being talented. Destruction has (altho it does low damage) Rain of Fire. Same goes for Starfall, you can make it more powerful by specing into specific talents that boost its damage.

What do Shadow Priests have? Nothing beside mind sear which damage stops as soon as the target you're channeling mind flay on dies.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you enlighten me please? And I'm not being sarcastic.
    Yeah you have fun "AoEing" with a single seed, unless its a pack of mobs with 2 hp and soul flame does all the damage you ain't gonna do much aoe.
    Rain of Fire is more like a resource aoe, starfall is tiny and does no real damage without the talent

Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    Yeah you have fun "AoEing" with a single seed, unless its a pack of mobs with 2 hp and soul flame does all the damage you ain't gonna do much aoe.
    Rain of Fire is more like a resource aoe, starfall is tiny and does no real damage without the talent
    You know that Broken Shore quest, with a lot of imps coming from a portal and you need to kill 100 ?? how about the sentinax farm ?? You know how SPs were doing those things? by spamming holy nova. But you might say that holy nova is not in shadow spec ... exactly.
    SP rotation in mass aoe is SW: P on one target then mind flay. But the problem is that the actual dot + flay will kill the target faster than the splash efect. And then you have to switch target and do the same. and so on until you have a lot of very low HP targets that die from the initial dmg from SW: P, and then you're fucked as you need to kill them one by one.

And the splash dmg is very very low, it will make all those you mentioned look good in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Chaostar View Post
    When I've read about the buff to spriest AoE I was screaming "MIND SEAR IS BACK! MIND SEAR IS BACK!"
    Buuuuut no! Till they return the true mind sear I think Spriests will be shit in AoE no matter what!
    Mind Sear was always crap. Only problem now is that it cannot be used in trivial content. Now, if the Shadow Crash change is viable for non-raid environment, then it might look really interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Mind Sear was always crap. Only problem now is that it cannot be used in trivial content. Now, if the Shadow Crash change is viable for non-raid environment, then it might look really interesting!
    Mind sear was alright in Cataclysm. What they need to do is to separate them again and make it not do damage to the main target so it can be stronger than mind flay.

Obviously, with restrictions so that you can't just mind sear the tank to get full damage on single target. It would have to change one way or another.
    Last edited by Cracked; 2017-11-22 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The damage was crap. The mechanic was easy af but was doing its job. It also had the added benefit that if you want to CC something you could always target the CC'ed mob and mind sear that without breaking it. The damage could always change. The mechanic was more than fine and changing it just wiped shadow priests from the face of mythic plus.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's true, those abilities don't do much damage and you need to spec into specific talents to make their damage better, but priests on the other hand don't have even those kind of AoE spells. And damage of all abilities I've mention is greater baseline than mind sear.

It's true, those abilities don't do much damage and you need to spec into specific talents to make their damage better, but priests on the other hand don't have even those kind of AoE spells. And damage of all abilities I've mention is greater baseline than mind sear.
    So how is it different from feral, unless you spec into brutal slash, you do almost nothing on aoe. Same story with sin rogue before poison bomb became op due to scaling. That spec can't even spec into aoe. Frost mage? You are lucky that the aoe spec is basically your strongest ST spec at the same time. Demo warlock? Ye you can spec into aoe dps, without it, you are fucked basically (last time I played it was 2016 though).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad I popped in for a look at what might be coming next week. Nice changes indeed. Missile speed increased 60%, thank you. Was frustrating to watch it slowly travel to hit a pack, only to have the tank kite them out of the impact area, or to have it hit a pile of corpses.

"Shadowpirest".

Changes might make me login again. Interested to see these changes in pvp.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    "Shadowpirest".

Might make it even stronger, considering you are casting void eruption way more often in pvp... hope those changes are not affecting pvp, though there is no mention of that.

well don't you have the passive mind seer thing?
    (now getting a big buff)
    not to mention some of the strongest dots in the game not based off resources or proc/resource based buffs
    if anything, the thing that hurts shadow aoe the most is other specs having WAY too much burst aoe and packs dying too fast, you can buff shadow crash 20 times but you ain't gonna beat an arms warrior that can pull 11mil dps out of his ass in 2 GCDs and kills everything before you can even go in shadow form
    its just not meant to be a good aoe spec, not the way it is in this world of burstcraft expansion
    Last edited by Nigmatar; 2017-11-22 at 04:30 PM.

I switched to affliction. Seed is baseline, infernal is technically a talent point, also when anything dies there’s an aoe explosion. So just to summarize affliction aoe = infernal, literally anything that dies creats an aoe, phantom singularity or 2 seeds of corruption via talents. I often top charts in mythics runs on trash.

well don't you have the passive mind seer thing?
    (now getting a big buff)
    not to mention some of the strongest dots in the game not based off resources or proc/resource based buffs
    Nice joke. SP don't deal any damage outside of voidform, that's the first. The second, SP barely casts any mind flay in m+ at all. They "big buff" ability that don't deal any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    Am I gettin it wrong, or one of your gold artifact trait literaly passive aoe, and it was nerfed because of crazy damage it provides without any afford?
    It's peak idiocy to suggest soulflame is even a thing in high keystones. Get out of <10 keystones pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    "Shadowpirest".

Inb4 Shadowpirests oneshotting people for a week with void eruption until they remember pvp is a thing in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Blizz stated in one of the interviews after blizzcon, that they will be removing binary talent choices in BfA like a talent tier that has a single target versus aoe talent. So instead of a few tiers that are like ST/AoE/ST or AoE/ST/AoE etc., all tiers would be ST/ST/ST or Aoe/Aoe/Aoe.
    They said that about legion talents during WoD lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It's peak idiocy to suggest soulflame is even a thing in high keystones. Get out of <10 keystones pls.
    I cleared +20 somewhere in July with affliction warlock with single target build on my team doing on pair overall dps with arms warrior and ret paladin. If i remember correctly, it was lower kara with explosive, sanguine and tyrannical.
    What are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Trururu View Post
    I cleared +20 somewhere in July with affliction warlock with single target build on my team doing on pair overall dps with arms warrior and ret paladin. If i remember correctly, it was lower kara with explosive, sanguine and tyrannical.
    What are you trying to say?
    That your soulflame accounted for jackshit of your aoe damage. It virtually does less damage total at that keystone level than the total damage mindsear alone will do. On 6-7 mob pack pulls if your tank is that good, it won't even touch the damage of 2-3 baseline seeds of corruption.

Soulflame is garbage outside Skorpyron/Blackrook Hold bats style pulls.

It's also pretty cute someone would say seeds spreads corruption on targets. Too bad corruption does a mere fraction of the damage SW:P alone does, or the fact that SW:P+VT outdamage all 3 of the affliction warlock dots combined without taking UA dumps into account. Affliction dots are shit, all the damage is sunk into UA which is single target in nature anyways due to its shard cost.

Shadow priest is a far better designed dot spec with much more engaging gameplay than the boring RNG shitfest that is affliction and its reap soul minigame with the bunch of dead artifact traits on single target bosses since it's the one artifact with on death traits built in, on top of Fatal Echoes causing humongous variance in performance.

Shadow also has godly execution damage, which is invaluable in progression anyways. Affliction is a boss turret padding spec. Destro is far more useful on actual progression, and I'll be damned if my shadow priest will be turned in the direction of affliction; this is the best incarnation shadow has ever had unlike the warlock specs which are a total trainwreck this expansion only propped up by numbers to mask the utter shit gameplay design.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-11-22 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So looks like S priests need to stack tomes to change talents 10 times per M+. No way S Crash is going to be taken over LotV.

Man.. I wish they'd just give S priest a way to spread DoTs better.