Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood DK - FEELSGOODMAN!

I got 930 ilvl bear / 942 ilvl DH tanks and now I am gearing my DK tank. I have to say out of the 3 it feels the most solid and satisfactory. I have TONS of health/ insane self heals/ feel immortal in any 1v1 pvp fight / the only advantage being really slow and a bit boring. But damn I just came here to say how STURDY those DKs have been all the time without me even knowing. Their health is already one of the highest of tanks and if a Blood DK has a base health of 9 million in active tanking with Foul Bulwark + Souldrinker it is almost always above 12M. Thats awesome!

I recently lvld up mine, used to be my main back in MoP, i agree with you, Blood is so damn awesome now!

My most recent leveled character is a Blood DK and I am really enjoying It too. It's so solid have good CD's every time.

Only weakness is mobility, everything else feels awesome on blood dk.

I was a major critic of the initial state of Blood in Legion, but i gotta say they've made some massive improvements since MoP and Death Knights as a whole seem to have gotten it right.

And our health scales tremendously well with gear
    We had quite a slow start in Legion (to be more exact,we didn't start at all until 7.2),but now it feels good,and it's going to feel even better

Blood dk in legion is a very unique and powerful option and has a lot of versatility in any content. I'd encourage anyone who isn't in love with their current class to check out dk. Especially with the mythic plus focus of legion, it's never been a better time for a spec like this to exist.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

double post.
    Last edited by Yohagi; 2017-11-24 at 05:37 PM.

I have only played 1 class and spec since start of wrath (beside a few days on alt leveling) and thats blood DK (didnt do MoP).
    And I always loved playing it.

TBH at the start of legion i almost quite the game due to the slow movement and slow combat compared to other clases. The thing that stopped my negative spiral was my first legendary = boots (second was the Sephuz) and gathering only haste items. From the moment you get 27% unbuffed haste, it is fast combat and the boots makes sure you dont slow down your team in any gameplay beside instancedPVP.

With my default gear i use almost for anything i got buffed: rune speed: 6.65 - GCD=0.98 - running speed: 149%
    I really will miss this in the next expansion

Blood dk has tons of mobility, if you're geared for it that is. Sephus, agg stride, 45%+ haste with boneshield up, and sephus proc. I can outrun pretty much everyone in wpvp/dungeon scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello mates Well Is my gear ok for respeccing to Blood DK ? And also Sephuz and Soul of the Netherlord are my only 2 legos i have on this alt. I wonder If I can tank some M+ with this gear and legos setup.
    Here is my armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...thul/dondarion

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Hello mates Well Is my gear ok for respeccing to Blood DK ? And also Sephuz and Soul of the Netherlord are my only 2 legos i have on this alt. I wonder If I can tank some M+ with this gear and legos setup.
    You are certainly geared enough to tank "some M+"; how far you can go will depend on skill and the players who join you. You also have some easy upgrades still available from the veiled argunite vendor.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post

You're logged out as UH, so hard to tell what equip you use for Blood.
    Anyway at least from talents point of view - WotN is meh, RT is much much better if you're using Soul of the Netherlord.
    Also purgatory is good for top-end M+ runs, better to take bonestorm / Blood Mirror. i usually take BS, except for some hard-hitting boss in tyrannical weeks.
    With ilvl 919, you should be OK to finish in time +10.

good luck

Once I got Agg. Stride boots to somewhat overcome the horrible mobility then Blood became my favorite tank. It may not be the best for mythic+ raiding, but I don't do that anyway so its all good

15+ Year Old Account
    Leg boots are underrated. I use them in raids on certain bosses. You wouldn't think they make a big difference, but they really do.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Leg boots are underrated. I use them in raids on certain bosses. You wouldn't think they make a big difference, but they really do.
    Oh, nice idea. I'm gona use them at 1st boss to run out from barrage tonight in Antorus. Thanks man, I was kind of scared from coop with our HPriest to ask her for feathers

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Underrated? Every DK I spoke to says they're great and a big quality of life improvement for BDK. :-) I do M+ with boots+Sephuz and raiding with boots+shoulders. (or wrists if really necessary)

Quote Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
    Oh, nice idea. I'm gona use them at 1st boss to run out from barrage tonight in Antorus. Thanks man, I was kind of scared from coop with our HPriest to ask her for feathers
    Not quite sure you need any assist with that, I had no problems with movement on that fight with zero +run speeds or priest feathers. Only used wraith walk to run back once the targeting was gone to make sure I was next to boss when he targeted my co tank. Key is you and your co tank stay on point with taunts, which it seemed half of the fights in the raid are built so you and your co tank have little to no room for error.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vassago View Post
    I had to bust them out for Kin'garoth, that heavy positioning fight, I was soaking orbs as well. That barrage from whats his face is pretty weaksauce though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Underrated? Every DK I spoke to says they're great and a big quality of life improvement for BDK. :-) I do M+ with boots+Sephuz and raiding with boots+shoulders. (or wrists if really necessary)
    Whoops, I meant underrated in general, of course DK's know about their usefulness, I would hope anyway.

Once you get the boots it's the best feeling tank spec in the game, hands down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.