Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I actually read another article about this last night (trying to find it) and I'm fairly sure he's just doing this for the money. He's done stuff like this before (not on this scale) and has been struggling to get funding for this latest one. He launched a fundraiser last year and didn't say a peep about flat earth stuff, but all of a sudden jumped on the bandwagon, told the group he was a 'recent convert' and then asked for money to prove it.
    I think we read the same article then, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I think we read the same article then, lol.
    Found it, or at least one saying pretty much the same thing. Quoted relevant bits.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.08dfe94ebf73

Hughes only recently converted to flat-Eartherism, after struggling for months to raise funds for his follow-up flight over the Mojave.

It was originally scheduled for early 2016 in a Kickstarter campaign — “From Garage to Outer Space!” — that mentioned nothing about Illuminati astronauts, and was themed after a NASCAR event.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    okay. rocket science is no longer a barometer for smart, got it.
    It makes them smart in their field.

Isaac Newton believed in a deity or deities and alchemy. Still a smart dude, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I kinda want to do a kick starter for proving the Flat earth theory is false by taking a couple ships and circling around the world in various places showing that its impossible for Antarctica to encircle the rest of the world. Id let em have a place on a ship if they donate over 10k and naturally I'd keep any of the money that doesn't get used.

Well at least we won't need to dig him a grave.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I kinda want to do a kick starter for proving the Flat earth theory is false by taking a couple ships and circling around the world in various places showing that its impossible for Antarctica to encircle the rest of the world. Id let em have a place on a ship if they donate over 10k and naturally I'd keep any of the money that doesn't get used.
    What we need to do is bring back the old Concorde program.

What we need to do is bring back the old Concorde program.
    I wouldn't be able to make money off that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I wouldn't be able to make money off that tho.
    You could charter a flight and charge for seats?

Well, first I got to the part where he says he doesn't consider aerodynamics to be science and I went "Huh, weird but let's see what else there is to see." Then I get to the whole flat earth thing and my brain tripped and I took a moment to gather my thoughts. The first thing to come to mind once it rebooted was "How can someone be intelligent enough to build his own rocket but stupid enough to believe the Earth is flat at the same time?"
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    @Hammerfest as our resident Flat Earther, what are your thoughts?
    Mad Mike isn't a flat earther. As far as I can tell, he's included a flat earth message on his equipment purely for attention.

uhh, yeah...doing as little possible to make sure he can't se shit and so he can still claim the earth is flat, you would be as well going up a fucking hill and looking out over the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Mad Mike isn't a flat earther. As far as I can tell, he's included a flat earth message on his equipment purely for attention.
    More money than attention, or rather attention of flat earthers to get their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    More money than attention, or rather attention of flat earthers to get their money.
    Same difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course the earth is flat, if you look at it from a 4th dimensional point of view
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Same difference.
    Well the ultimate goal is money, not 'purely for attention'. These are semantics, and I will argue them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Of course the earth is flat, if you look at it from a 4th dimensional point of view
    Time is a flat circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he sees the round earth, he will just say it was an illusion because his windows were curved. lol /facepalm

15+ Year Old Account
    In a week he will be suddenly found dead

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The first thing to come to mind once it rebooted was "How can someone be intelligent enough to build his own rocket but stupid enough to believe the Earth is flat at the same time?"
    Alternatively, he's smart enough to get Flat Earthers to pay for his Daredevil thrill-seeking.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda shows how gullible Flat-Earthers are that they are paying for it then.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It's too late, they've already holo-projected a globe effect onto our beautiful flat earth.

Deleted
    I have to give him credit were credit is due. Suicide via Steam powered Rocket is the peak of suicide creativity.