Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battle for Azeroth // wanted warrior spells

Blizzard said they wanted to undue a bit of the prune that happened in legion, what are some warrior spells that you want to comeback, be changed, or added for battle for Azeroth?

All specs:
    Intervene
    Spell reflect
    Heroic Strike //

for Arms:
    Sweeping Strikes // mop style
    Overpower // baseline

For Prot:
    Old Revenge

Hopefully we can make some noise and get our favourites warrior spells back into the game!

You have to be absolutely nuts to want heroic strike back. Yep, enjoy not pressing abilities at the start of the expansion while macroing heroic strike into everything by then end of it.

Throw for arms and fury, or heroic throw without cooldown (and maybe no extra threat)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    You have to be absolutely nuts to want heroic strike back. Yep, enjoy not pressing abilities at the start of the expansion while macroing heroic strike into everything by then end of it.
    Which at this point is typical Warrior gameplay.

In 2017 we should really have some Rage rework, as nice as a resource it is.

I'd kill for Thunder Clap, Piercing Howl, Demo Shout, Shattering Throw and all that jazz. But I'm not holding my breath.

i really love demo shout and piercing howl animations, i honestly wish more skills were like this animation wise.

I liked Berserker Stance gameplay in MoP. Sometimes you could get tons of Rage out of it on some encounters, like Thok.

For Arms, just make more shit baseline. Overpower shouldn't be a talent, neither should Rend. These two abilities together make Arms much more fun to play. Then design new, more interesting talents.

For Fury, I dunno, apart from Zerker stance. The spec is the most fun its ever been IMO. Maybe bring back Wild Slash + Bloodsurge, that was a fun proc to have, just apply it to Furious Slash instead.

For Prot, again dunno, it survived the prune almost intact. Intimidating/Interrupting shout were nice, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    I desperately want Rend baseline and Heroic Strike back.
    Not having an off-GCD ability to spam in those situations where you're ragecapped to hell and back really fucks up my enjoyment of the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I desperately want Rend baseline and Heroic Strike back.
    Not having an off-GCD ability to spam in those situations where you're ragecapped to hell and back really fucks up my enjoyment of the spec.
    Rend baseline would be nice. Whenever I switch over to arms and mess around I hate managing rend on targets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bring back gladiator!!!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Bring back gladiator!!!
    I second this proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    I'd kill for Thunder Clap, Piercing Howl, Demo Shout, Shattering Throw and all that jazz. But I'm not holding my breath.
    I think shattering throw is a cool raid cd i'd like to see back, i'd want it exactly as it was when it was first implemented in wotlk.

Deleted
    for prot:

1. block to become 360 degree ability. im pretty sure warriors are the only tanks that require enemy to be in front for active mitigation to work.
    2. mannoroths bloodletting manacles or something like it baseline in some form for or as a talent.
    3. leaping giants baseline, that 3sec movement buff just feels right.
    4. devastator baseline, devastate as talent or glyph or something.
    5. shockwave baseline
    6. also wouldn't mind keeping thundergods vigor effect in some way or shape, thats pretty fun too.

Deleted
    Vigilance (at least for prot)
    Death Wish
    Banners

Siegebreaker.

Throwdown -- stormbolt is cool but having a ranged stun on a warrior feels wrong.

Spell Reflection.

Shield Wall for Arms / Fury.

Defensive Stance baseline for Arms.

Old second wind / bloodcraze and/or enraged regeneration.

Shattering Throw.

Charge / Intervene split into 2 spells and available to all specs.

7+ Year Old Account
    shattering throw back to fuck up those bubble classes, overpoweras arms baseline skill, spell reflection to all specs, and of course MOP second wind

in fact i would be happy if they just turn the entire spec in to the MOP design again

I would like Rend to be a dot applicable by mortal trike, i hate the current rend Management

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    shattering throw back to fuck up those bubble classes, overpoweras arms baseline skill, spell reflection to all specs, and of course MOP second wind

in fact i would be happy if they just turn the entire spec in to the MOP design again

I would like Rend to be a dot applicable by mortal trike, i hate the current rend Management
    Fury sucked the first tier if you were low on crit, or in a 10 man without crit buff (as I was at the start of the xpac) but by Siege it was great. I'd love to have Fury back as it was near the end of MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Fury sucked the first tier if you were low on crit, or in a 10 man without crit buff (as I was at the start of the xpac) but by Siege it was great. I'd love to have Fury back as it was near the end of MoP.
    i was not talking about numbers, indeed i know they are important, but my point was about gameplay and fun, i liked all the mop pecs, hell i liked almost all classes there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by armsfan View Post
    Blizzard said they wanted to undue a bit of the prune that happened in legion, what are some warrior spells that you want to comeback, be changed, or added for battle for Azeroth?

All specs:
    Intervene
    Spell reflect
    Heroic Strike //

for Arms:
    Sweeping Strikes // mop style
    Overpower // baseline

For Prot:
    Old Revenge

Hopefully we can make some noise and get our favourites warrior spells back into the game!
    id like sunder armour back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    wasnt it haste/mastery they lacked in legion. crit was bottom stat because of the free cit after x non crits thing like fire mage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

trauma is perfectly viable to take atm. only sims slightly less than rend for my warrior

i want mop banners, intervene baseline for all specs, rend baseline(arms), overpower baseline(arms), reflect baseline for all specs, replace stormbolt with throwdown, old retaliation to be back and shield wall be baseline for all specs, shouts back, shattering throw, thunder clap baseline for all specs, old stance dancing(100% impossible tho)

realistically i can see some of it being back, but i dont think all of it will ever come back..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by armsfan View Post
    I think shattering throw is a cool raid cd i'd like to see back, i'd want it exactly as it was when it was first implemented in wotlk.
    Aye.

I'd like the whole TfB Overpower back, but I understand that a game has to evolve.