Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    At this point I'm not so much worried about how they look aesthetically, instead hoping they're not the tight, small clusterfucks they've been for the past 2 expansions.
    Wod zones arent like that???

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ah, so the argument is "it's not about humans, it just features human characters." Typical drivel.
    Reading along with this thread you are coming across so butthurt the other guy never said it was about human representation or some human buildings. Its about entire human zones which have not existed in a while. Yes throughout xpac there are gonna be human building no shit of course human architecture is the default alliance texture.

Deleted
    Every expansion only seems to have no more than 1-2 zones that arent bland.

I just wonder if the two islands arent too small to give enough content, but I guess more will follow in patches?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    At this point I'm not so much worried about how they look aesthetically, instead hoping they're not the tight, small clusterfucks they've been for the past 2 expansions.
    Amen! Legion had nice zones but they were soooo small.
    I want Jade Forest type zones again. Large with a feeling of scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    To all the people spewing the BS "but we havent seen them yet" argument, weve seen plenty. Blizz ALWAYS show the central theme of the zone during the reveal, meaning if they showed a foresty woodland area, you can bet 90%+ of that zone will be exactly that. There will probably be something besides that, lile a unique little enemy outpost or some shit that looks a bit different (think legion camps in suramar) but for the most part what you see is what you get. So weve seen more than enough so far to make a judgement (plus the demo plays) and my judgement is that theyre bland an unattractive. You can agree or disagree but dont tell me to wait and see cos it aint gonna change anything. Use your brains
    Blizzard tends to change a lot after the first previews. We ain't seen nothing final yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Crystalsong Forest was one of the best ever and it was criminally underused.
    Yeah what was up with that? I can barely remember doing any quests there.

I love Zandalar but the kul tiras zones don't really do anything for me

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    I didn't even know it had quests.. I just remember flying over it or jumping down to my death occasionally for fun

Drustvar just sounds fun.

Druidic Death magic. Evil witches in the woods. Spooky tree monsters. Villagers afflicted with curses right out of a fairytale. It's gonna be fun to just be a normal adventurers who shows up to help common people deal with spooky problems.

Deleted
    Don't know how you can say so when through screenshots and the videos they showed at Blizzcon clearly show how interesting and unique these zones are. Although not 'unique' as in ''holy sh-t some new kind of zone we've never seen'' but really good looking zone design and etcetera. Have you seen Stormsong Valley? It's beyond beautiful and the music/ambience it has is very fitting and will make you feel more immersed.

Well I'm more the magic type of guy so I have the same feeling. Same thing as when I travel above Highmountain, I don't really care about anything as it's bland, in my opinion.

Especially after Mac'Aree, I was expecting an xpac with void stuff somewhere, looks like there'll be pirates and trolls everywhere. That's a more "classic" turn that will please a lot of people I guess.

Wait & see, we probably didn't see everything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is painfully true. I mean Wrath first preview had Azjol'Nerub as a zone and Utgarde Pinnacle as the starter raid with Naxx.
    And Crystalvein Forest had actual colours, just to stick to zone visuals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran's proximity to the zone caused lots of technical issues. I can't recall if it was latency or server processor load, or a combination, but they couldn't really do much with it. The artbook indicated that the Sunreavers and Silver Covenant were fighting to gain control of the Highborne ruins in the zone, and IIRC they originally wanted it to be the Argent Tourney grounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Still looks better than what we got in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Dalaran's proximity to the zone caused lots of technical issues. I can't recall if it was latency or server processor load, or a combination, but they couldn't really do much with it. The artbook indicated that the Sunreavers and Silver Covenant were fighting to gain control of the Highborne ruins in the zone, and IIRC they originally wanted it to be the Argent Tourney grounds.
    Suddenly it makes sense why Legion!Dalaran is floating above the ocean.

Suddenly it makes sense why Legion!Dalaran is floating above the ocean.
    That's pretty much why, yes. Put it somewhere with nothing else closeby.

Horde?: Nope! I love the desert and Swamp especially

Alliance?: We didn't see enough of 2 of the zones for me to have an idea. maybe?

Really happy we're going back to regular Azeroth planescapes. I enjoyed the gloomy Stormpeaks, Freshness of Highmountain, Coastal ruins of Azsuna, Forestry of Val'sharah and the highly urban and magical appearance of Suramar. 5 unique palettes with variety......Then we hit Broken Shore and Argus, for pure depression and fel 24/7.

So i'll gladly take swamps, deserts and jungles again with a big ass Troll city and some snowy peaks thrown in.

But I'm done with alien/demon worlds and elven architecture for now thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Really happy we're going back to regular Azeroth planescapes. I enjoyed the gloomy Stormpeaks, Freshness of Highmountain, Coastal ruins of Azsuna, Forestry of Val'sharah and the highly urban and magical appearance of Suramar. 5 unique palettes with variety......Then we hit Broken Shore and Argus, for pure depression and fel 24/7.
    It's like Blizzard planned all that variety upfront because they knew what was coming later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
    It's like Blizzard planned all that variety upfront because they knew what was coming later on.
    Well, it is an expansion focussing on the Legion. Was kinda obvious we'd get a boatload of Fel-corrupted landscapes at some point.

And yet, even Argus features some rather unique non-green visuals with Mac'aree.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiste View Post
    Essentially they are just look like a Norway and mexico to me haha. Odd as that is to say.
    Im offended a norway? what does a norway look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.