Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So Alleria will be at war against Silvermoon and her sister ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see Alleria being part of the Alliance. Logical and pragmatical though I would have prefered her to be more neutral toward the blood elves only. After all, they are still her people and I can't see her attacking Silvermoon.
    But I don't know how it could work(or will work) in BfA ...

We know she's trying to bring the blood elves into the Alliance whereas the knows her sister is warchief of the Horde. So Sylvanas will likely consider it as an act of betrayal and will likely reject her. And we also know the Horde will try to secure Stromgarde to defend Silvermoon, which means the Alliance's crusade in Lordaeron will probably reach Quel'Thalas' borders too...

What are your thoughts about it guys ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wars divide families all the time. The US Civil War did and I'm sure many other wars have. If Alleria were to justify this in game I imagine it would be "My real sister died - this Sylvanas has forgotten what it means to be a Windrunner" or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Wars divide families all the time. The US Civil War did and I'm sure many other wars have. If Alleria were to justify this in game I imagine it would be "My real sister died - this Sylvanas has forgotten what it means to be a Windrunner" or something like that.
    "And so did 95% of my race".

I am curious how Alleria will react to Blood Elves. She doesn't have any high ground to criticize their temporary use of fel magic after the loss of the sunwell, and they don't even do that anymore.

She knows that Elf rulers are too proud and make mistakes.

Knows the Horde can't be trusted.

Sylvanas

The idea of freeing her people form the Horde.(Same thing Aethas wanted in MoP, even if it was Garrosh horde)

yes. because blizzard turned her into an alliance fan girl despite never giving a shit about them before. they were tools for her revenge.
    she now spits on her people for her lady boner of the alliance.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    yes. because blizzard turned her into an alliance fan girl despite never giving a shit about them before. they were tools for her revenge.
    lady wood*

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Imagine being naive enough to believe alleria would ever go horde.
    It's not about her going horde. It's about her being the biggest Thalassian nationalist in warcraft. Everything she did in the second war and on Draenor was not for the Alliance it was for Quel'thalas. Humans were just there, the elves on the other hand were her true companions. She hated the orcs for what they did to Quel'thalas. Then at the end of Beyond Dark Portal book she let go of that hate.

Fastforward to today. Alleria should have been told by someone what has happened over the years. How successive humans have time and again tried to destroy her people. Arthas (Was still human and was King of Lordaeron), Garithos, Alliance leadership that pretended to send an emissary to bring the Blood elves back into the alliance when said Emissary was a spy and lead a team of sabatours whose actions would knowingly wipe out the blood elves (Blood elf start zone), Jaina in Dalaran (with help of Vereesa.) just to name a few.

WC2/Book Era Alleria would have turned her bow on the Alliance for just one of the above, let alone 4 times a Human or Alliance lead force has gone out of its way to kill or persecute citizens of Quel'thalas. Her being Alliance waiving fanatic goes against her character that has been written.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy to see Alleria being part of the Alliance. Logical and pragmatical though I would have prefered her to be more neutral toward the blood elves only. After all, they are still her people and I can't see her attacking Silvermoon.
    But I don't know how it could work(or will work) in BfA ...

We know she's trying to bring the blood elves into the Alliance whereas the knows her sister is warchief of the Horde. So Sylvanas will likely consider it as an act of betrayal and will likely reject her. And we also know the Horde will try to secure Stromgarde to defend Silvermoon, which means the Alliance's crusade in Lordaeron will probably reach Quel'Thalas' borders too...

What are your thoughts about it guys ?
    You mean like Vahressa Windrunner?

Yeah, They're all sisters, but Sylvanas is the "black sheep".
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

at this point, it does make sense for her to care more for turalyon than her homeland. if they didn't pull this thousand year crap, then it'd be retarded. but she's been with this man for longer than most people are alive, so it makes sense.

i hate her for being with a human, and choosing the alliance over her homeland even after likely learning how the alliance has stabbed quel'thalas in the back three times. but it does at least make more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not about her going horde. It's about her being the biggest Thalassian nationalist in warcraft. Everything she did in the second war and on Draenor was not for the Alliance it was for Quel'thalas. Humans were just there, the elves on the other hand were her true companions. She hated the orcs for what they did to Quel'thalas. Then at the end of Beyond Dark Portal book she let go of that hate.

Fastforward to today. Alleria should have been told by someone what has happened over the years. How successive humans have time and again tried to destroy her people. Arthas (Was still human and was King of Lordaeron), Garithos, Alliance leadership that pretended to send an emissary to bring the Blood elves back into the alliance when said Emissary was a spy and lead a team of sabatours whose actions would knowingly wipe out the blood elves (Blood elf start zone), Jaina in Dalaran (with help of Vereesa.) just to name a few.

WC2/Book Era Alleria would have turned her bow on the Alliance for just one of the above, let alone 4 times a Human or Alliance lead force has gone out of its way to kill or persecute citizens of Quel'thalas. Her being Alliance waiving fanatic goes against her character that has been written.
    While she certainly wouldn't be pleased with any of those things happening, she didn't experience them and frankly anything that happened after the Blood Elves sided with the Horde I doubt she'd care about as they basically committed treason at that point. She had some serious bloodlust for Orcs and Trolls for quite some time, though if I remember the books (it's been awhile) she had calmed down on it a bit. Arthas is a bit of a stretch as well, he was a Death Knight already at that point and very clearly aligned with the Scourge/Legion. Given that she just spent a thousand years fighting the Legion it's believable she would just attribute Arthas' actions to the Legion.

Note that I actually don't think she should be super Alliance friendly, I actually think that both her and Turalyon should have essentially moved beyond those allegiances since they've been struggling against a much greater threat and presumably will continue to fight against the Void Lords later. I'd prefer both of them simply be aligned to the Army of Light and leave it at that. I just don't think Alleria being Alliance friendly is particularly egregious either.

Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    While she certainly wouldn't be pleased with any of those things happening, she didn't experience them and frankly anything that happened after the Blood Elves sided with the Horde I doubt she'd care about as they basically committed treason at that point. She had some serious bloodlust for Orcs and Trolls for quite some time, though if I remember the books (it's been awhile) she had calmed down on it a bit. Arthas is a bit of a stretch as well, he was a Death Knight already at that point and very clearly aligned with the Scourge/Legion. Given that she just spent a thousand years fighting the Legion it's believable she would just attribute Arthas' actions to the Legion.
    No they didn't. Quel'thalas left the Alliance of Lordaeron just after the second war which Alleria was both aware of and despised. If you want to get technical, Alleria defying orders and taking a group of the strongest rangers without approval to fight a war her country expressly forbid was treason.
    Last edited by Akani; 2017-11-24 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    No they didn't. Quel'thalas left the Alliance of Lordaeron just after the second war which is quite a long time before they joined the Horde.
    I didn't mean that in relation to the Alliance, just to the elves as a whole. After what the Horde did to them in the second war, anyone siding with the Horde would likely seem treasonous to Alleria.

Deleted
    I didn't mean that in relation to the Alliance, just to the elves as a whole. After what the Horde did to them in the second war, anyone siding with the Horde would likely seem treasonous to Alleria.
    Current Horde is nothing like the old one. Majority of her people joined the horde, her sister joined the horde. Why? because Alliance were dicks to them. Same principle as Nightborne.

Alliance never learn.

All allied alliance allied races (dwarfs were already there since Cata you just weren't able to play them) make no sense to join the alliance.

LF Draenei. after millennia fighting with BL there is no logical and racial explanation to join any faction.
    Void elves. The only reason why void elves are in the game is because of crybabies for high elves.

There is no logical reason to join the alliance. They are fascists
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-11-24 at 06:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Current Horde is nothing like the old one.
    Horde, now with 100% more cowbell. And kung fu panda grip action!

Considering Alleria's tendency to disobey, abandon, and betray people she really doesn't have a moral high ground to look down on the belves doing what's necessary to survive.

She betrayed her kingdom for vengeance, she abandoned her country, her family, and her son at least mostly for vengeance, and she disobeyed the orders of the Alliance of Lordaeron, Quel'thalas, the Sons of Lothar, and the Army of Light pretty much whenever she felt like it.

Not saying that any of that makes Alleria bad or anything, just that most of her character arc is surrounded with grey areas and complicated decisions. That makes believing she'd be an Alliance loyalist or see things in black and white they way they do difficult and makes it pretty much impossible to believe she'd be judgmental of the belves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "And so did 95% of my race".
    But what happens when 95% of your race becomes free will undead corpses?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    The most important things in this world to her are her husband, and her son, her husband is Alliance, and her son grew up in Stormwind, and is part of the Alliance... So She's Alliance. That's all there is to it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The most important things in this world to her are her husband, and her son, her husband is Alliance, and her son grew up in Stormwind, and is part of the Alliance... So She's Alliance. That's all there is to it.
    they were never married and never gave a shit about her son until recently.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor