Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    That's not true according to the audio drama iirc
    Correct /10chars
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    they were never married
    So? They were still lovers for a thousand years
    and never gave a shit about her son until recently.
    Listen to the audio drama or do the paladin orderhall

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    So? They were still lovers for a thousand years

Listen to the audio drama or do the paladin orderhall
    you mean the giant ass recton of her character?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

That's not true according to the audio drama iirc
    Which came out quite recently. The character was never shown to give much of a shit about anything, other than exterminating orcs, until recently.

..Yeah, because there was SO MUTCH of her before. Aside from " I hate the horde, i love elves and a human"...wow. Such story!
    Aside from that, 1k years will do that to people away from home, fighting against an army of demons, experimenting in void and such.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because like the other High Elves, Alleria isn't a backstabbing bitch that joined the Horde.

Well the only reason Silvermoon won't be Alliance territory in BfA is because of gameplay reasons (=> they're too lazy to move Quel Thalas to EK and update it)... so they came up with the idea that Quel'Thalas and the Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles are Alliance/Horde's last strongholds xD

... so really, don't take any new Blood Elf / High Elf lore too seriously (or well tbh, Belfs are part of the Horde due to gameplay and marketing reasons too)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-24 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    How the fuck were the alliance dicks to nightborne?
    Have you met Tyrande?

10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck were the alliance dicks to nightborne? More importantly, they wouldn't join the horde in a full scale war because they got "offended".

Nightborne should have been neutral, fuck it, remove ALL elves except night elves, and return the horde to the horde.

Jesus christ, talk about being biased. If you're going to question LF question highmountain as well. Not going to cover void elves because you're obviously a belf fan. I know they get triggered af on these forums.
    While it doesn't speak of the alliance as a whole, all through the 2nd stretch of Suramar campaign, Tyrande was kind of an abusive jerk to them. I noticed it right away.

Having said that, I do agree that they should be neutral, and probably HM Tauren as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Well the only reason Silvermoon won't be Alliance territory in BfA is because of gameplay reasons (=> they're too lazy to move Quel Thalas to EK and update it)... so they came up with the idea that Quel'Thalas and the Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isles are Alliance/Horde's last strongholds xD

... so really, don't take any new Blood Elf / High Elf lore too seriously (or well tbh, Belfs are part of the Horde due to gameplay and marketing reasons too)
    It isn't laziness, its priority.

You might think updating Silvermoon is the most important and awesome thing they should ever do, but lets be honest - what would it actually add to the story/game? They spent all that time updating the old zones for Cata and people just zipped right through/past it to get to the 81+ stuff. And they even admitted that the endgame stuff suffered for all the time they spent on that.

So that's probably informing their decisions to leave the belf/draenei areas as they are. Why spend weeks/months on that when people are just gonna blast through whatever quests send them into those areas? So they can say they did, or to make a couple hundred people demanding flight in those areas happy?

I'd rather that time and those resources go toward new stuff, personally.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Can't believe such a bad character like Alleria made it live. Her only reason of existence is to promote and sell Void Elves and that's pretty much it. I was very upset when they pulled Turalyon and Alleria out of Chris Metzen's ass to sellout this story.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    yes. because blizzard turned her into an alliance fan girl despite never giving a shit about them before. they were tools for her revenge.
    she now spits on her people for her lady boner of the alliance.
    It’s almost as if people like you never read to end of the book. By the end of it, yeah she fell in love with the human light bulb and it wasn’t just a quick rump in the sack. She realize it after khadgar had his emotianal breakdown how he’s never going to get any. By the end she did care for her comrades and they were no longer just a means to an end. But yeah let skip all that character development and just focus on the beginning of her story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Current Horde is nothing like the old one. Majority of her people joined the horde, her sister joined the horde. Why? because Alliance were dicks to them. Same principle as Nightborne.

Alliance never learn.

All allied alliance allied races (dwarfs were already there since Cata you just weren't able to play them) make no sense to join the alliance.

LF Draenei. after millennia fighting with BL there is no logical and racial explanation to join any faction.
    Void elves. The only reason why void elves are in the game is because of crybabies for high elves.

There is no logical reason to join the alliance. They are fascists
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    While it doesn't speak of the alliance as a whole, all through the 2nd stretch of Suramar campaign, Tyrande was kind of an abusive jerk to them. I noticed it right away.

Having said that, I do agree that they should be neutral, and probably HM Tauren as well.
    Gotta love how everyone claims nightborne join the horde cause alliance are fascist and were dicks to them. Damn, all that because Tyrande spoke truth about nightborne being douchebags, abandoning the others and huddling up behind their bubble and let others fight the wars, and second time in a random world quest where you put up the posters, she claims she's glad less of her people will die in this conflict thanks to the nighborne taking part in their war.

Alright, guess that counts as the whole faction being jerks to the point where the NB join the faction that aims to kill the opposite one, nice.

Cows join the herd cause cows, yeah FOR THE HERD am I right haha, but draenei high on light can't join the other draenei... why?

Dwarves make no sense joining alliance, eh? My boy, maybe pay attention to the story, it makes more sense than all the horde allied races together

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't laziness, its priority.

You might think updating Silvermoon is the most important and awesome thing they should ever do, but lets be honest - what would it actually add to the story/game? They spent all that time updating the old zones for Cata and people just zipped right through/past it to get to the 81+ stuff. And they even admitted that the endgame stuff suffered for all the time they spent on that.

So that's probably informing their decisions to leave the belf/draenei areas as they are. Why spend weeks/months on that when people are just gonna blast through whatever quests send them into those areas? So they can say they did, or to make a couple hundred people demanding flight in those areas happy?

I'd rather that time and those resources go toward new stuff, personally.
    Yeah yeah I know that it's more about priorities and tbh I'm not a Blood Elves fan

But yeah, my point is that the reasoning behind many lore decisions regarding Blood Elves (and thus also Alleria) is simply due to gameplay reasons (obviously this also applies to many other things in this game, but it's not as 'bad' as with Blood Elves) and not because the writers at Blizzard would've really wanted it like that.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    This whole discussion exists for one and only reason.

Blizzard lore writers are forced to produce lore AFTER the game designers decide which race goes where, instead of actually producing consistent lore facts and using it for gameplay reasons.

Of course, Blizzard makes and sells games, not stories. The stories are just backgrounds for the game. It seems in order to make "strange" decisions on the game lore, if gameplay is on the front for them. As for any discrepancies, they can always produce audio, cinematics, books to bridge things that seem inconsistent inside the story of the game (while at the same time, confusing the players who don't/can't have access to those outside sources).

So the choice is between to not pay too much attention to the Lore, as it serves a "higher" (for the company) purpose, or to bash the game for not have lore consistency.

We have seen retcons before. Discussing any of those is just for the sake of discussion, aka fun, but for the matter at hand, is futile.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Gotta love how everyone claims nightborne join the horde cause alliance are fascist and were dicks to them. Damn, all that because Tyrande spoke truth about nightborne being douchebags, abandoning the others and huddling up behind their bubble and let others fight the wars, and second time in a random world quest where you put up the posters, she claims she's glad less of her people will die in this conflict thanks to the nighborne taking part in their war.

Alright, guess that counts as the whole faction being jerks to the point where the NB join the faction that aims to kill the opposite one, nice.

Cows join the herd cause cows, yeah FOR THE HERD am I right haha, but draenei high on light can't join the other draenei... why?

Dwarves make no sense joining alliance, eh? My boy, maybe pay attention to the story, it makes more sense than all the horde allied races together
    They bubbled after WotA. Actually without Nightborne (in WotA time night elves), kaldorei resistance would be ambushed in the last attack on zin ashari and would fail.

NEs think Nightborne are cracked junkies.

I didn't say DI dwarves make no sense. I said they are part of the Alliance since cata.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-11-24 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    but chronicles clearly mentions that they killed the demons in the temple of Elune to save Suramar. Then they decided to not help the others and went under the shield until recent events.
    They shield themselves at the climax of the War of the Ancients. Not in the middle of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    After all, they are still her people and I can't see her attacking Silvermoon.
    Well, Silver Covenant had no prob w/ assaulting and/or killing their brethren during the purge, so...

Vereesa will show how its done

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Meh I always thought Alleria's loyalty was to family, not race. Her family now is Turalyon and Arator. And for some reason I strongly suspect that Sylvanas is going to kill Vereesa before BfA (maybe unintentionally).
    Personally i'm betting on Genn trying to kill Sylvanas,missing and killing Vereesa,and that being the cause of the whole conflict.

Deleted
    Pfff - Sylvanas died long ago. She has nothing to do with the monster that is leading the horde now. Alleria has every right to end this abomination imitating her sister.

The Nightborne don't join the Horde because Tyrande was mean to them, they join the Horde because they need allies and found more similarities with the Blood Elves than with the Night Elves, who rather shun the arcane ways of the Nightborne.
    If Alleria managed to sway Lor'themar into joining the Alliance, the Nightborne would have joined it aswell.