Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Been maining DH since the beginning, but I feel no need to bitch and moan about every decision Blizzard makes. They have their own tools to see what class over or underperforms regardless of the feedback they get.

I do my thing, perform well in raids and just have fun.

It doesn't have to be all serious and shit for me anymore and I've been playing for way too long to require input from others to do well.
    The thing is, if we actually looked, you'd be green-blue parsing, and in a group full of people who are terrible, so while you think you're performing well, in the absolute you're nowhere close.

Running a tenth of a marathon with a bunch of 700lb people and finishing 3rd doesn't mean you're an Olympic athlete.

The thing I hate about the current state of DH is havoc's running speed is tied to Mastery, and Mastery is the bottom pit stat now. I hate running slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    The thing is, if we actually looked, you'd be green-blue parsing, and in a group full of people who are terrible, so while you think you're performing well, in the absolute you're nowhere close.

Running a tenth of a marathon with a bunch of 700lb people and finishing 3rd doesn't mean you're an Olympic athlete.
    Even though you're basically talking out of your ass, what does it matter? Maybe you're bad enough that your performance alone drags the entire raid down but not everyone is burdened with such a problem.

Without trying too hard my overweight guild and I cleared ToS mythic well ahead of Antorus while for the most part having a laugh and not stressing too much - isn't that part of what playing this game is about? It is for us. And I'd much rather play with those terrible people over someone with his head up his own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormragerr View Post
    DH is in a good spot as a class, in my opinion. We are middle of the pack to low end of the pack but that's fine, the problem is with the tier design and how they are bottlenecking us into to playing whatever playstyle they deem we should be on.
    No being middle to low end of the pack is NOT fine. Why? because we are just not going to be taken to all progressive fights and are last priority on tier right now until the issue is fixed (if it will ever be). I'm not talking about heroic or 3/9 M guilds here obviously.
    Last edited by Firestarre; 2017-12-04 at 03:09 AM.

I'm in the process of re-rolling to my Warrior.

I completely N Antorus last night and 4 bosses of Heroic.

The same 2 Affliction Warlocks shit all over me.

Who thought it was a good idea to start a new raid with the exact same class balance?

Shit is a joke. DH is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm in the process of re-rolling to my Warrior.

I completely N Antorus last night and 4 bosses of Heroic.

The same 2 Affliction Warlocks shit all over me.

Who thought it was a good idea to start a new raid with the exact same class balance?

Shit is a joke. DH is a joke.
    Should reroll aff lock and have a 3 way race!

I seem to remember a 13,000 Post discussion about Demon Hunters and what could/couldn't be done to help us out spread out over 3-4 different Threads.. It got a few Blue replies but changed.. Nothing. At all. We've gotten the Nerf bat every single patch this expansion and I expect similar treatment in BfA. They don't give 2 shits about Demon Hunters from the looks of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The thing I hate about the current state of DH is havoc's running speed is tied to Mastery, and Mastery is the bottom pit stat now. I hate running slow.
    Mastery is a BIS stat in everything aside from t20, running the physical talents on that row (first blood) just redirects a ton of damage from chaos to physical which isn't increased by mastery

I'm re-rolling.

Antorus tuning pass just went live and we got nothing.

15% is too low.

40% is too high.

15% is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'm re-rolling.

Antorus tuning pass just went live and we got nothing.

15% is too low.

40% is too high.

15% is fine.
    I think it has to do with fact that they don't have data on us. People are either re-rolling or still wearing T20 (either by choice or just not being handed T21 by guild).

So then they will just get data from Heroic and DH will be screwed.

This is basically the same cycle that literally every new class has gone through. Starts off popular, the dev team can't dedicate the resources to continually tune them, the community evaporates, class remains untuned because there's no real feedback coming in, class eventually picks back up in an expansion or two. It's a weird cycle and why you've seen the same people in the community hop through all of the new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Even though you're basically talking out of your ass, what does it matter? Maybe you're bad enough that your performance alone drags the entire raid down but not everyone is burdened with such a problem.

Without trying too hard my overweight guild and I cleared ToS mythic well ahead of Antorus while for the most part having a laugh and not stressing too much - isn't that part of what playing this game is about? It is for us. And I'd much rather play with those terrible people over someone with his head up his own ass.
    "I like being amongst 700lb people, it's a lot more fun running a tenth of marathon than caring at all about anyone's performance."

I leveled one to 110 and couldnt bring myself to continue , simply due to (subjective) lack of utility. I noticed some other thread about the utility and the main argument being sigils. For me as tank this just didnt cut it. The entire class feels very selfish, especially if you go questing with someone. Also the constant need of jumping/gliding (notice dhs in dungs too, constantly being APM crazy) just wasnt my cup of tea. I met some exceptions but i think the class itself atracts mainly younger players (compared to me) and they just see this community thing entirely differently.
    Second reason might be the fact that its the newest class - you see some classes really have hardcore fans and those are mainly from the originals non hero classes. But DK seems to be also established quite well already. Now monk seems to be something between DK and DH when it comes to forums. I simply noticed because im in process going through classes with tank spec after i came back.