Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter has gone too far from the original concept

    I LOVED my Hunter in vanilla.
    The whole melee, deadzone, ranged mechanic was really fun.
    I loved wearing these huge 2h Agility swords. Or dualwielding some other swords.
    When a Warrior or Rogue attacked me and I dodged, I loved these huge Mongoose Bites.
    I loved having to Wing Clip them and get out of deadzone range so I could hit my ranged abilites.
    Sure, in raids you never went melee, but in PvP the melee and deadzone aspects were a huge part of the class.

    Today, what is this class?
    Survival is this mash your buttons melee spec. While the rotation is fun enough, it's purely melee, no ranged abilities at all.
    MM has become this sad no pet and "keep up your Voulnerable debuff" spec. How did it come to this?
    BM is OK but it is literally a 3 button dps rotation... come on.

    I at least had some fun with the old Survival spec with the Explosive Shot, Kill Shot and Black Arrow with an actual pet on my side.

    Also, what happened to the 2 ability you got in the game, Serpent Strike??? Not enough of the class fantasy?

    I think the class is at an all time low in Legion.

    Just give me an Ranged Melee hybrid like it used to be. Even if it is just one of the specs...

    Do you guys like the direction they have taken hunter?

  2. #2
    No, I do not and I want my Cataclysm Survival Hunter back !

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    No, I do not and I want my Cataclysm Survival Hunter back !
    dude....surv play style was basically the same from WOTLK to WOD. The peak was SOO with that 4 set bonus. That was ideal and fun. And I agree with you. Surv was the best spec.

    To OP, your are saying all this but really when it comes down to it..until mid way through WOTLK hunters were a 1 button class in a raid environment.
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-11-24 at 05:27 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    To OP, your are saying all this but really when it comes down to it..until mid way through WOTLK hunters were a 1 button class in a raid environment.
    That is not true Hunters in Vanilla was one of the hardest of them all because of Clipping. Look it up.

  5. #5
    Do not want vanilla hunter deadzone back.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    That is not true Hunters in Vanilla was one of the hardest of them all because of Clipping. Look it up.
    In duels perhaps...

    Outside of that they were:
    - the easiest class to level
    - kiting class
    - had nothing special in the sense of rotation

    Why would anyone in their right mind want the dead-zone back?

  7. #7
    Also loved all the gimmicks that are gone (except deadzone).
    Becoming best buddy with your pet, feeding it (also with buffood), the different pet abilities and the different stats (attackspeed, armor etc.), crafted ammunition, invisibility tracking to counter rogues in PvP etc.
    Unfortunately I do not play my hunter(s) anymore since the last overhaul. Already hated MM before Legion, alsways played SV.
    Really sad considering my main was a Hunter for over 11 years

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    dude....surv play style was basically the same from WOTLK to WOD. The peak was SOO with that 4 set bonus. That was idea and fun. And I agree with you. Surv was the best spec.
    Well, Cata wass the first iteration with focus, and still is my favorite .
    Last edited by Qman; 2017-11-24 at 02:32 PM.

  9. #9
    Go play classic, melee was never a good option for a hunter.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Well, Cata wass the first iteration with focus, and still is my favorite .
    That is correct, but the premise of it was still the same. If you only want to count the focus generation it was the same from cata to wod, the best being mop soo cause of tier.

    Just want to iterate, soo surv and cata surv was the same, except soo we had RNG explosive shot procs because of the 4 set bonus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    That is not true Hunters in Vanilla was one of the hardest of them all because of Clipping. Look it up.

    nice sarcasm.

    autoshot clipping is not "hard" and was still was in the game until WOTLK.

  11. #11
    Survival does have ranged ability’s with axe throw murder of crows net throw and traps. I wouldn’t be against geting a few more ranged ability’s but over all I like being in meele a lot more then I ever liked old survival.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Snes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,734
    Sounds like Classic Servers will be for you then. I do miss the challenge of managing the deadzone in PvP though, it weeded out a lot of bads.

  13. #13
    I remember those hunters, free kills we called them.

  14. #14
    In vanilla, hunters were literally rushed and incomplete. Blizz doesn't really hide this, and when vanilla first came it was pretty obvious.
    What is best in life? Bashin' stuff of course.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    That is correct, but the premise of it was still the same. If you only want to count the focus generation it was the same from cata to wod, the best being mop soo cause of tier.

    Just want to iterate, soo surv and cata surv was the same, except soo we had RNG explosive shot procs because of the 4 set bonus.
    I do not remember already, was ES clipping a thing in MOP too? I somehow have a feeling, that they made it stack in MOP, but might be wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    In vanilla, hunters were literally rushed and incomplete. Blizz doesn't really hide this, and when vanilla first came it was pretty obvious.
    Yep, survival tree up to patch 1.7 was nothing short of hilarious .

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    - had nothing special in the sense of rotation
    This is very true. The entire "rotation" could fit in a single macro :|
    And that wasn't even the case in just vanilla...

  17. #17
    Immortal SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    7,131
    Yes YES YES,YES,YES. Can't even be a hunter with his loyal pet anymoe. Wtf.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    In duels perhaps...

    Outside of that they were:
    - the easiest class to level
    - kiting class
    - had nothing special in the sense of rotation

    Why would anyone in their right mind want the dead-zone back?
    Because introducing a ranged melee class was dumb as hell in PVP. Melee could be kited, ranged could be interrupted, hunters...? Nothing, they could shotgun you right in the face. Great design!

  19. #19
    Immortal SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Because introducing a ranged melee class was dumb as hell in PVP. Melee could be kited, ranged could be interrupted, hunters...? Nothing, they could shotgun you right in the face. Great design!
    Introducing? They just made us like every other class in the game. Deadzone was stupid.

  20. #20
    It's one thing to say the dead zone served a purpose I'm giving hunters a mechanical weakness. But I can't even begin to understand how any hunter could consider it a fun mechanic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •