Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Not that point, but..
    BM hunters are not 3 button dps rotation. ???
    Yes they are. They have two rotational buttons, one short CD (I think it's base 12s reduced by haste), and the artifact ability. THat's literally 1+1+0.5+0.5 = 3.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Except Hunters weren't exactly outdoing the casters, and they could cast in melee. We were the only class in the game who could be neutralised by positioning so drastically, which was ironic since Hunters were meant to be all about adaptability. Now, we have high mobility and versatility with the trade-off of lower damage and survivability. It works. It's fun. It's balanced. It fits the class identity better.

Yeah. I'm also allowed to call your opinion stupid and demand that you stop trying to force such a terrible mechanic that no one else wants to return to the game. You can argue that it was fun not being able to use ranged abilities in melee all you want, but to me it's about as believable as someone saying they find being stunned or CCed fun. It's a shame that you support ranged Survival over melee Survival only to then double down on such an embarrassingly terrible mistake of class design from which everyone else has moved on.
    If it were possible to like/+1 a post on these forums, I would like this one. Because it was made by a person that actually understands what the dead zone did to hunters.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I LOVED my Hunter in vanilla.
    The whole melee, deadzone, ranged mechanic was really fun.
    I loved wearing these huge 2h Agility swords. Or dualwielding some other swords.
    When a Warrior or Rogue attacked me and I dodged, I loved these huge Mongoose Bites.
    I loved having to Wing Clip them and get out of deadzone range so I could hit my ranged abilites.
    Sure, in raids you never went melee, but in PvP the melee and deadzone aspects were a huge part of the class.

Today, what is this class?
    Survival is this mash your buttons melee spec. While the rotation is fun enough, it's purely melee, no ranged abilities at all.
    MM has become this sad no pet and "keep up your Voulnerable debuff" spec. How did it come to this?
    BM is OK but it is literally a 3 button dps rotation... come on.

I at least had some fun with the old Survival spec with the Explosive Shot, Kill Shot and Black Arrow with an actual pet on my side.

Also, what happened to the 2 ability you got in the game, Serpent Strike??? Not enough of the class fantasy?

I think the class is at an all time low in Legion.

Just give me an Ranged Melee hybrid like it used to be. Even if it is just one of the specs...

Do you guys like the direction they have taken hunter?
    BM is OK but it is literally a 3 button dps rotation... come on. Maybe so but with all the extra buttons to stick flasks/pots/utilities people shouldn't really complain much besides stick one of your pets stuff on your action bar sure helps alot
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is called a cool mechanic. I think we are allowed to disagree on this.
    You are fully entitled to your opinion, absolutely. Thankfully FpicEail did a better job than I of explaining why your opinion in this matter is... strange, to put it politely.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

That is not true Hunters in Vanilla was one of the hardest of them all because of Clipping. Look it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    In duels perhaps...

Outside of that they were:
    - the easiest class to level
    - kiting class
    - had nothing special in the sense of rotation

Why would anyone in their right mind want the dead-zone back?
    Hunters did good damage (vanilla) on autoshot+pushing skills in whatever order, maybe on the 80% percentile (unlike other classes who did like 60%) but the final 20% was really tough to get (as opposed to the other classes), and it required a very accurate use of the clipping mechanic and mana consumption, it did separate the good hunters from the mediocre.

Dead zone was a crap, it pretty much make hunters a dummy for other ranged classes, and pretty laughable for melee ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    In EVERY EXPANSION hunters were literally rushed and incomplete. Blizz doesn't really hide this, and when vanilla first came it was pretty obvious.
    Fixed that for you. Truth hurts.

Hunter is a silly now, it's a melee class that doesn't need to be in melee, and can't be interrupted like casters. So it has to be crippled compared to other classes because it basically has no weaknesses.

Vanilla hunter had two button rotation mostly (Aimed shot - autoshot - Multishot - autoshot etc.), so what? On Twin Emperors you even could not use Multishot because of bugs, at least I did not figure how at that time.

Dead zone was NOT inability to shoot at melee range, it was small circle from 5 to 8 yards (hopefully these numbers are right) where you could not do anything at all apart of Scatter shot. It was degrading and totally useless mechanic.
    Last edited by Qman; 2017-11-26 at 10:19 AM.

Don't forget about ammo, I haven't enjoyed hunters since they changed over to focus. I do miss a lot of the rpg elements from back in the day, minimum range, pet type actually mattering etc. a lot of qol changes really have dulled the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Also loved all the gimmicks that are gone (except deadzone).
    Becoming best buddy with your pet, feeding it (also with buffood), the different pet abilities and the different stats (attackspeed, armor etc.), crafted ammunition, invisibility tracking to counter rogues in PvP etc.
    Unfortunately I do not play my hunter(s) anymore since the last overhaul. Already hated MM before Legion, alsways played SV.
    Really sad considering my main was a Hunter for over 11 years
    I agree and disagree with you. A lot of flavor I miss...but from game play I get it. Getting to be friends with your pet and leveling them was tedious, specially when your pet could get upset with you and run away. Imagine that happening with some of the hard tames these days.

The different pet abilities and stats just meant you mostly saw the same ones over and over again. Removing those gave people choices. Now you grab the pets you think look best and/or have useful abilities.

Ammo...yeah there's really nothing good about ammo. It just ate up bag space and meant the hunter could get screwed if he forgot one day.

Oh and deadzones...I remember deadzones...those were dark times...

15+ Year Old Account
    I do miss the quivers, really hoping blizzard adds them back in some form.
    Maybe as a cosmetic item that can be transmogged over the cloak.
    Ammo can stay away, not missing that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I miss quivers too! They could make quivers and ammo work like it was in Vanguard - there you placed quiver where in WoW you place ammo and could use it as a special bag. Then again, there as a Ranger you had a profession, Fletching, approximately like rogues poison crafting profession back in the day, and Foraging skill, which allowed you search surroundings for various items, like food and arrows parts. That was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I do not remember already, was ES clipping a thing in MOP too? I somehow have a feeling, that they made it stack in MOP, but might be wrong.

I cant remember when stacking vs waiting for the dots to tick happen but it did little to change to game play. QoL change yes and stacking made it better. I really wish they left it in the game .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    considering our range weapons are stored on our back...and most of them go through shoulders...no i dont want quivers. MM weapon now has clipping in 99% of transmog. Even current transmog from this xpac. They didn't even care to make that look good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post

Ammo...yeah there's really nothing good about ammo. It just ate up bag space and meant the hunter could get screwed if he forgot one day.

I know it is not vanilla but one of my best memories was a 15% heoric-25 lk (mythic level raiding to new peeps) caused by me spam of creating bullets and getting yelled at by the Raid Leader.

I glad i dont have to remember to check the bullet count every x # of wipes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Hunter is a silly now, it's a melee class that doesn't need to be in melee, and can't be interrupted like casters. So it has to be crippled compared to other classes because it basically has no weaknesses.
    except WoD hunter where it literally had no weaknesses and was OP as fuck.

I LOVED my Hunter in vanilla.
    The whole melee, deadzone, ranged mechanic was really fun.
    I loved wearing these huge 2h Agility swords. Or dualwielding some other swords.
    When a Warrior or Rogue attacked me and I dodged, I loved these huge Mongoose Bites.
    I loved having to Wing Clip them and get out of deadzone range so I could hit my ranged abilites.
    Sure, in raids you never went melee, but in PvP the melee and deadzone aspects were a huge part of the class.

Today, what is this class?
    Survival is this mash your buttons melee spec. While the rotation is fun enough, it's purely melee, no ranged abilities at all.
    MM has become this sad no pet and "keep up your Voulnerable debuff" spec. How did it come to this?
    BM is OK but it is literally a 3 button dps rotation... come on.

I at least had some fun with the old Survival spec with the Explosive Shot, Kill Shot and Black Arrow with an actual pet on my side.

Also, what happened to the 2 ability you got in the game, Serpent Strike??? Not enough of the class fantasy?

I think the class is at an all time low in Legion.

Just give me an Ranged Melee hybrid like it used to be. Even if it is just one of the specs...

Do you guys like the direction they have taken hunter?

Oh yeah, Deadzone was such an amazing concept for Hunters

15+ Year Old Account
    Deadzone should stay dead

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I cant remember when stacking vs waiting for the dots to tick happen but it did little to change to game play. QoL change yes and stacking made it better. I really wish they left it in the game .
    No arguing about that, I merely wanted to say that for me going from mana to focus was a big deal, and clipping-non clipping ES with LnL was kind of a game changer as well. I am not saying it is some universal thing, just personal feelings and explanation, why Cata SV hunter stayed in my memory as something very special. Sure, with stacking ES it was both burstier and merrier, but shot weaving between ES, while not rocket science, could tell good hunter from ... a wee bit not so good .

Deleted
    If you want a PET go BM or SV

I actually enjoyed old hunter with deadzone and all more than I do this but it wasn't because of the deadzone it was because of how much skill it took to be good with hunter in pvp, it was because we did more damage and it was because we had more utility, and mainly it was just the overall feel of the game.

I don't think "mobility specialization" is even a thing and if that's the argument people are making here well whatever that's your opinion but that's really not a very good argument. Besides, if anything I feel less mobile now than before. Before Master's Call was a thing, pet's had special abilities (like cc) and there was a thing called jousting, where if you got in melee range with me I was going to wing clip or counter-attack you and then disengage.

I really like no pet MM, though. But I am not entirely happy with all hunter changes. I want stings back, I want tranq shot back, I want scatter shot baseline, I want my attacks to hit much harder even if it means they are less frequent. Don't think getting rid of steady shot was a good move at all and pets are boring af now.

Love melee survival its the best
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.