Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Do you mean if they were to release a new class for BfA? I'd be surprised considering we just got demon hunters.

I'd like to see necromancers added at some point, but I'd rather wait a couple of expansions.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-11-25 at 11:26 PM.

It would depend very much on the specifics of the class added, but probably chronomancer or bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    It would depend very much on the specifics of the class added, but probably chronomancer or bard.
    In timeless Isle there are three npc’s that could give ya a bit of a look. By no means are they are hard set rule. One is very obviously a tank spec, one is like a magic Chrono-spy, the other is adept and time magic (dps or healing I reckon).

Deleted
    I'm really surprised by all the people saying bard. I haven't played a great deal of other MMORPGs so I don't know a lot about how they work in other games, but it seems like a totally random class idea that doesn't seem to fit into any sort of existing wow lore. The ideas like wardens, tinkers, dark rangers and necromancers have a base from wow lore, and are present in the game as non playable NPCs. Where does the bard even get their power? What form of magic are they using?

Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I'm really surprised by all the people saying bard. I haven't played a great deal of other MMORPGs so I don't know a lot about how they work in other games, but it seems like a totally random class idea that doesn't seem to fit into any sort of existing wow lore. The ideas like wardens, tinkers, dark rangers and necromancers have a base from wow lore, and are present in the game as non playable NPCs. Where does the bard even get their power? What form of magic are they using?
    The power of music baby.

In a lot of fantasy settings you have a psuedo-magical power behind your songs as a bard, you don't just hear a rallying song and go "This is cool, now I can fight harder", it actually makes your fatigue physically vanish, you mana reserves show up, your enemies are physically weakened or hurt, ect. ect., it's like hearing your favorite song and instead of just making you happy, it makes you literally capable of running three marathons.

Bards in WoW could easily fit that niche of their songs being able to carry strength through a magical commanding voice like that, to heal or to hurt. Most races have a very well known reputation of having storytellers and lore keepers too, so it'd be a natural addition to the game.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2017-11-26 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    NE Druids were only male until WoW, with females being warriors, priestess, hunters or a mix of them (like Tyrande)
    If you followed the comment chain (it's literally two deep before your comment), you'll see that it's not the same deal whatsoever. Which is why ANeM stopped arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Wardens aren't a tiny section though?
    They are extremely tiny. They were extremely tiny before, and then they were massacred by Tyrande, and then they were massacred in Outland, and then they were massacred in the Vault, and then they were massacred in Legion. There are people who fairly speculate that the "Shadowsong Wardens" (the branch of Wardens we're all talking about here, particularly the original bunch) are gone as a whole now, because between Maiev and Tyrande, the order was led to extinction.

They are part of the whole Sentinel movement that they could easily umbrella with.
    Wrong. They are entirely separate from the Sentinels. They are the elite force of the Watchers, which have next to nothing to do with the Sentinels, barring the fact that they're both Night Elf only (and hey, there it is again).

Basically the Sentinels were the military
    and the Wardens were the police force of Kalimdor
    of the Night Elves*, but yeah. And hey, you knew before that they were separate orders -- why pretend like you didn't a sentence ago?

Hence why Maiev and co hunted down Illidan.
    Maiev didn't even hunt Illidan down for the Night Elves. Tyrande and Malfurion, the leaders of Night Elf society (barring Fandral at the time who couldn't give less of a shit about Illidan) said for them to leave him alone. She hunted him down as a personal vendetta, got the Wardens involved by pretending it was a Warden duty and spurring on the order by playing on Kal'dorei culture,, and killed another 90% of the order in Outland.

That's not exactly small with the whole of them together and more than likely could be easily tinkered to do that... Like pretty much every new class that entered the game.
    I have no idea why you pretend the order is so huge when you alternate backtracking on how large they are every other point.

At the moment, they are like how Goblins and Worgens were before their Cataclysm debut, small amounts you could observe when in-game but easily expandable when given the opportunity to explain them and supported by additional or fixed lor
    Uh?

Goblins were huge and always have been huge. Their neutrality was the issue, which was expanded upon (based on previously existing lore) by introducing the Bilgewater Cartel. There has never been a Goblin population issue.

Worgen had an unspecified but presumably INFINITE population, since their previous story introduction was "the Scythe of Elune just fucking summons them I guess -- also it spreads like a plague". Arugal summoned more from somewhere he couldn't specify, and the Wolves of the Fang/Pack were talked about in tiny bits too. The bigger problem was that they weren't civilized, which was, like you said, expanded upon so that it could make sense (albeit terribly). But if your only point for Warden is "well Blizzard can do whatever they want", then Warden is just as likely as the other terribly impossible shit people think up, like Tinkerer or Necromancer. Less likely, actually, since those two can exist safely on at least one race on each side. Warden only fits on one gender on one race.

And speaking of Worgens, there's actually Worgen sentinels too thanks to their collision from Gilneas falling. It's already been expanded.
    Completely irrelevant since the Wardens are 100% separate from Sentinels, but I'd love to see a source for this regardless. Could use some good transmog for my Worgen.

You also forgot there are actually people titled with Warden. It may be a longshot but the fact a title like that is spread across the factions and several noteable individuals shouldn't be taken lightly. You have Farseers of Orc, Draenei, Tauren and Dwarven descendant for example. Archdruids of Night Elf, Tauren and a Treant descendants. Archmages of Human and Night Elf descendant. That list could go on. They've been recognised and titled for a reason. By ignoring the Warden title, you might as well ignore all the other class titles (before the Legion campaign when it meant more than a PC gimmick and diminished it's original intent).
    Never forgot. Was dreading when someone would bring it up, since I knew it'd the excuse for why we could have """wardens""", but the Wardens people are talking about here, again, are the Shadowsong Wardens. If you're gonna say "well Warden in general would be fine", you've got the world's most inconsistent pool of thematics and abilities to pull from. To give you an idea of how obscenely lowbrow the statement is, here's a list of "notable" Warden NPCs from any race/faction and their location for argumentative purposes:

Draenei Male Adyen the Lightwarden, Shattrath City
    Human Male Warden Alturas, Dalaran
    Human Female Warden Belamoore, Alterac Mountains
    Orc Male Warden Nork Bloodfrenzy, Borean Tundra
    Maghar Male Warden Bullrok, Nagrand
    Tauren Male Tree Warden Chawn, Blade's Edge Mountains
    Blood Elf Male Runewarden Deryan, Eversong
    Tauren Male Earthwarden Grife, Dragonblight
    Tauren Male Warden Hamoot, Zangarmarsh
    Tauren Male Warden Haro, Silithus
    Ethereal Warden Icoshock, Netherstorm
    Night Elf Male Dreamwarden Lurosa, Moonglade
    Blood Elf Male Warden Mellichar, the Arcatraz
    Broken Male Warden Moi'bff Jill, Nagrand
    BogBeast Rethiel the Greenwarden, Wetlands
    Human Male Warden Thelwater, Stormwind City

You'll notice a theme here.

Every race has "Wardens", because every race has criminals. Each of these characters is either taking care of prisoners or isn't a "Warden", but something separate like a Runewarden or an Earthwarden. When people say they want "Warden", they aren't saying they want people with cuffs as a class. They want the Spirit of Vengeance, the circular Glaive, the signature Shadowsong armor, Cordana's abilities, etc. They are talking about the Shadowsong Wardens. The Shadowsong Wardens are all Night Elves and all female. In an example here, Jarod Shadowsong leads the "Wardens" later in Legion, but his forces have nothing to do with the Warden faction Maiev still seems to lead, and he has none of the traits that are associated with "Wardens" (spiked greencape being a basic, even the non-Maiev warden models have one stitched on). If you wanna flop around the Warden class using *actual* lore, you have two options: Find a way to stitch together an entire class completely separate from Shadowsong Wardens based on the phrase "puts people in jail", or find ANY argument for male Shadowsong Wardens like you've been pretending to have. You do not have one right now. You need to find one. It would actually, sincerely make me happy if you did, because like I said, I think Maiev is cool as fuck and I'd love to have playable Wardens in a real sense.

But hey,
    It may be a longshot
    so you already know that was a whiff.

To be honest, with enough lore wang waging, it can become wider if they so wish.
    Again:
    If your only point for Warden is "well Blizzard can do whatever they want", then Warden is just as likely as the other terribly impossible shit people think up, like Tinkerer or Necromancer. Less likely, actually, since those two can exist safely on at least one race on each side. Warden only fits on one gender on one race.
    You already have Allied Races that could potentially open that gap with Nightborne and Void Elves.
    Ah ah, you're doing it again. There are no Shadowsong Wardens among the Nightborne or the Void Elves. There are none among the Blood Elves. There are only Shadowsong Wardens among the Night Elves, and of those, they are all female. Saying they could "potentially open that gap" is no more likely than the Orcs potentially opening that gap.

With the possibility to add endless more to Allied Races that can all be different classes, sorry but you really have overlooked it all.
    You're right, they could add "Really Dead Elves from Outland'dorei" that are the Wardens from when Maiev killed the largest remaining group of her already massacred Wardens.

???

Alliance have Night Elves and Void Elves. Horde can easily get Nightborne and Blood Elves.
    I hope having to reply with the same line of text twice being a theme in my reply here opens your eyes a bit to how repetitive and stale your argument is.

Ah ah, you're doing it again. There are no Shadowsong Wardens among the Nightborne or the Void Elves. There are none among the Blood Elves. There are only Shadowsong Wardens among the Night Elves, and of those, they are all female. Saying they could "potentially open that gap" is no more likely than the Orcs potentially opening that gap.

They could even do a start zone similar to Demon Hunters and Death Knights, it's tailored specfically... And in this example, as a Nightborne, you are taught by Night Elves being close to Suramar then leave or something happens and you side with Blood Elves and pass on that knowledge.
    Yikes. So Tyrande gets there, talks a whole bunch of shit to the Nightborne, then calls Maiev's Wardens over (they are now, in your mind, at her beck and call after having been massacred by her during the Illidan jailbreak for some reason you haven't specified, but I'm sure you will in a minute here). These Wardens then, for no reason in particular, say "hey let's train you and these Void Elves that we haven't met yet/arguably don't exist yet in the ways of Shadowsong Wardenism because you're joining the Horde in 5 minutes and that really gets me off".

Just to mark the notable turning point here, by saying "you are taught by Night Elves being close to Suramar", you've admitted two things. One, that you ARE specifying Shadowsong Wardens when you're envisioning this Warden class despite pretending like you just meant "please god ANYTHING with the name Warden in it" earlier, and two, that you for some reason think that the Wardens are interested in listening to Tyrande, which means you've literally missed the most basic parts of their order (which would explain why you alternate between implying your knowledge of how broken and minute the order is, and pretending they're one of the largest parts of the Night Elf military)

Simple really. Not much difference to Demon Hunters having both Night and Blood Elven counterparts. Or Death Knights for that matter, you are in a blanket situation.
    Except all Wardens are female and Night Elf.

You'll probably cry wolf but it's what Pandarens do exactly... They start on their turtle then GTFO to the mainlands, faction dependant to explore the world. Easy.
    Whoops, time number 3 I get to use this:

If your only point for Warden is "well Blizzard can do whatever they want", then Warden is just as likely as the other terribly impossible shit people think up, like Tinkerer or Necromancer. Less likely, actually, since those two can exist safely on at least one race on each side. Warden only fits on one gender on one race.
    If they want it to fit, they will 100% make it fit.
    Oh, god. 4th time.

I haven't seen many cry over the fact that Demon Hunters are restricted to only TWO races despite the increasing of class and race ratios over the years and additional races.
    That's because Night Elf Demon Hunters and Blood Elf Demon Hunters both existed just fine before Legion. Only a handful of successful BE DH's at the time, but they existed. There are a grand total of 0 non-Night Elf Wardens, and a grand total of 0 male Wardens. Do the math.

On top of that, for YEARS they said that World of Warcraft would not have Monks OR Demon Hunters and here we are,[/QUOTE]

I don't remember them ever saying that, and I don't really see how it's relevant here, as it's not like they've said that about Wardens. I'm saying that about Wardens.

after Diablo 3 came and went...
    what

We got Monks then Demon Hunters. They even poked fun at themselves with releasing the Pandaren Monk pet on April Fool's Day. I think something stupid like 6 years before Mists of Pandaria.
    Again: what

What are you going on about? What does this have to do with Wardens? Can you elaborate your point a bit?

Repeat after me: shit will happen, when Blizzard want it to. It's their game. We suck up their design choices.

BfA they obviously will skip a class since it's giving us basically new races because the pattern has mainly been alternating with class and races... And Legion have us a new class, so a new race or Allied Races is the answer. But yeah, after BfA we might see either new specs like Allied Races to offset massive balancing or gingerly a new class.
    And there's no reason for any of those potential specs or any of those potential classes to be Warden. I'd say we might get a few abilities from Wardens, but considering Rogues already have Fan of Knives and Shadowstrike, and Mages already have Blink, I don't think even that'll happen. Most you could personally hope for is that they add Spirit of Vengeance to a Rogue spec for whatever reason, then you can roleplay a leather wearing Warden (lol).

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised with any class, considering that Blizzard didn't announce one when announcing the expansion.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Tinker, dark ranger and necromancer. Not sure why bard is so popular, but to me this doesn't sound like a good class.

A list of classes in wow that are unplayable:

1. Dark ranger
    2. Rune master
    3. Apothecary (the royal apothecary society actually represents this and they are the alchemist class. Alchemists attack and heal by throwing potions. They are basically casters that cannot be silenced and need high dexterity.)
    4. Bard (there is a bard in the rogue order hall)
    5. Axe thrower (seen most prominently in the frostfire ridge questline where the iron horde tries to invade thru a narrow pass and the axe throwers cut them down)
    6. Spellbreaker (lorethemar theron is one)

The most interesting would be apothecary imo.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

People want something new and fresh? Let's admit it, Necromancer, Demon Hunter, Tinker, Warden, Dark Ranger, all these things exist/existed in one form or another already. Yes, we didn't have agile double-jumping winged elves with horns and demonic features wielding warglaives and fel magic but.... we still had elves using fel magic (warlocks), we still had Demon Form, heck they removed several abilities from Demonology Warlocks and gave them to Demon Hunters.

Hunters have Traps/Gadgets. Have a Gnome Hunter run Engineering and there is your Tinker.

Have an undead hunter with some shadowy transmog and there is your Dark Ranger.

Have your female night elf rogue and there is your Warden.

Ofcourse, just like with Demon Hunters, if Blizzard adds those classes, they will be well polished, reinvented even, they will feel new and different. Cus that's what Blizzard is good at. But what I'm saying is that the fantasy already exists in-game to some extent. Adding these classes would limit their tools like with DH's only having 2 specs in order for them to feel unique. Imagine a WoW without Warlocks but with DHs. The 3rd spec for DH could've easily been a long-ranged caster using staves. Get my point? But since that spot is already filled by warlocks, DHs got no 3rd spec. Well, people can come up with other ideas like a Diablo-themed DH with a bow/crossbow, and I'd probably love that, but they'd still need to differentiate them somehow from normal Hunters, aside from just giving them "Fel Shot, Fel Chimaera Shot, Fel Disengage" and so on.

So yeah, any of these classes would have to either have some of its fantasy sacrificed because the fantasy of other classes overlaps with theirs or they would have to take things from already existing classes which is kinda unfair for players of those classes.

Whereas, Bard is something new and can be soooo many different things. A support/buff class, a damage dealer, a healer, it's a fantasy that can be coloured any colour you want. Not that I am a Bard fan or anything, I just think it would be interesting if they do it properly. Personally I am hoping for another ranged weapon class (I love bows). Something to go with Light/Shadow. Or IDK. Let them surprise us with something like the Monk which was so new and innovative and spiritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Akamadaughter View Post
    Tinker, Warden, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Chronomancer, Sea Witch, or Bard?
    tbh, out of all of those. the only thing I'd ever want to remotely see is Tinker.

Warden is a rogue
    Dark Ranger is a hunter (not to mention horde specific)
    Necromancer is a warlock/dk
    Chronomancer is an arcane mage
    Sea Witch is a frost mage/resto sham
    Bard is retarded, and no ones ever been able to give me a reason why it should exsist

As everyones said. Plz, no new classes - the ones we have already have enough problems that need fixing, lets not create more senseless crap for the sake of "It's new and shiny!"

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusions View Post
    tbh, out of all of those. the only thing I'd ever want to remotely see is Tinker.

Warden is a rogue
    Dark Ranger is a hunter (not to mention horde specific)
    Necromancer is a warlock/dk
    Chronomancer is an arcane mage
    Sea Witch is a frost mage/resto sham
    Bard is retarded, and no ones ever been able to give me a reason why it should exsist

As everyones said. Plz, no new classes - the ones we have already have enough problems that need fixing, lets not create more senseless crap for the sake of "It's new and shiny!"
    Your getting paid to say this aren’t you?

I'd rather they didn't add any more classes. It would be yet another melee in any case and the game does not need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Your getting paid to say this aren’t you?
    Funnily enough no, I'm just logical enough to realise none of these are a possibility for a lot of reasons. If you want to give a concise reason as why any of them would become classes, by all means, I'm open ears man

I'm not too sure on the WoW lores stance with Blood Magic, but is that something that could be a possibility? Given that all 3 of the new classes were melee based and that most schools of magic are represented in some way, is that something that could be explored? One could argue Blood DKs, but they are mostly physical and I wouldn't really say that their play-style revolves around the manipulation of Blood.

Or Botany, given that Balance has gone the Astral route there isn't much to be found in plant-nature based offence from a casters perspective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post

Whereas, Bard is something new and can be soooo many different things. A support/buff class, a damage dealer, a healer, it's a fantasy that can be coloured any colour you want. Not that I am a Bard fan or anything, I just think it would be interesting if they do it properly. Personally I am hoping for another ranged weapon class (I love bows). Something to go with Light/Shadow. Or IDK. Let them surprise us with something like the Monk which was so new and innovative and spiritual.
    Hard is usually billed as a pure support class, The problem there is how does that for into the current group paradigm.

In order for them to be worth taking they would need to buff the groups existing fp5s by more than just taking another pure dps would at which point you've shrunk the amount of dps slots in the group significantly just to accommodate 1 class.

You'd also likely run into the situation D3 ran into a couple of seasons ago where you gain more by buffing 1 dps player and have everyone else playing support to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    lol bard...

tinker will happen. deal with it.
    Tinkershills told us that before Demon Hunters were announced. We got a class your crowd hated instead. Deal with it.

OT: Necromancers. There's plenty of room for them.

Bard, simply because it doesn't belong in the warcraft universe.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    They didn't do Warden with Legion. It's not gonna happen.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.