Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    If you're allowed to sit there and act like that, then what's the point of competitive? Why should anyone have to tolerate your poor attitude? Especially players at the top of their game? Shouldn't you have a more versatile skillset at masters or gm?

    In low elo, it's a little stupid to complain about. I'm not saying players down there don't have valid complaints, but you can make just about anything work down there. But on the topic of 6 stacks, there is all the punishment in the world for 6 stacking.

    Another post from reddit:
    If you pick your own team you don't have to worry about one tricks. We just got one in our 6 stack who only played mccree, we needed junkrat, we ditched him next round because he wouldnt change. You can't remove people from the game over just your report. Much like any problem in this game it gets resolved in time and not instantly, anything less would leave you open to trolls just screwing with you.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  2. #22
    Titan Acidbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Belgium, Flanders
    Posts
    12,056
    I find it you play ranked you need to be able to adjust, you can have those you are better with but if you really can only just play one i don't find you belong into a mode that requires you to be competitive.

    And if you really wish to play as that, the only way to not come across as a selfish bastard is to play in a pre-made where you adjust to each other.

  3. #23
    Immortal Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,092
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you pick your own team you don't have to worry about one tricks.
    I don't stack because people I meet in soloQ are not my peers. Do you know what happens every time someone thinks they had a good team in competitive and stacks and queues for their next match? They get their asses kicked and realize that it's not that they were good, but that the team they fought was just really really bad.

    If I get above a certain rank that Blizzard deems to be outside of my MMR, I will be PUNISHED for being better than other players. I will be PUNISHED for playing the game with my equals. In fact, we'll all be punished if we're doing well because the matchmaker will force us to play against players that are a higher rank than us and not our equals.

    How does that make ANY sense? It's like punching your kid in the face for making the honor roll and asking when they're going to get a scholarship. The entire game is rigged around fucking someone in every match, either by forcing you into hand-holding with newbie players that don't listen or shitting on you because... the enemy team might not be using voice chat? Really?

    I don't have the patience for these shenanigans.
    And while the cobras dance around your feet like you're a god
    It only takes one bite for you to realize you are not


  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I don't stack because people I meet in soloQ are not my peers. Do you know what happens every time someone thinks they had a good team in competitive and stacks and queues for their next match? They get their asses kicked and realize that it's not that they were good, but that the team they fought was just really really bad.

    If I get above a certain rank that Blizzard deems to be outside of my MMR, I will be PUNISHED for being better than other players. I will be PUNISHED for playing the game with my equals. In fact, we'll all be punished if we're doing well because the matchmaker will force us to play against players that are a higher rank than us and not our equals.

    How does that make ANY sense? It's like punching your kid in the face for making the honor roll and asking when they're going to get a scholarship. The entire game is rigged around fucking someone in every match, either by forcing you into hand-holding with newbie players that don't listen or shitting on you because... the enemy team might not be using voice chat? Really?

    I don't have the patience for these shenanigans.
    You have the tools to solve your own problems and if you choose to not use them that is on you.

    This “play with me peers” thing you mention doesn’t hold water because your peers don’t want you in their games, they want to play with their peers and not lower ranked players who could hold them back just like you don’t want to play with lower ranked players.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-11-27 at 07:50 PM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

  5. #25
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,663
    I don’t think one tricking is really acceptable, but where do we draw the line? We simply can’t have a free for all of reporting based on hero picks alone.

    Widow is my main, but if I spend half my time playing her that’s the most of it. But I’ll still stack up reports for doing so.

    For one thing it generates a huge amount of noise in which reports of genuine bad behaviour get lost. For another, what happens to ‘off meta’ heroes? They are rendered genuinely not playable, and impossible to ever recover from as people are slow to rebuild trust after buffs.

    I’m afraid players are just going to have to suck it up and learn to live with it, because the alternative is actually worse in terms of a stagnant roster and play style for the game.

    It’s the same as the avoid system, the report system is being abused for the exact same ends. And once again it’s high end players who are the worst offenders, ultimately in misusing the system to create an easier experience for themselves, by whatever means they’re given. And that clearly means attacking players who “hold them back” directly. Even though these players are high profile players who have earned the right, season after season to play at the level they’re at.

    That is what it comes down to, and I don’t want a game like that.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-27 at 03:01 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes....but its hard to define..../inforce

    I have had 1 trick pony's, or bad counters people picking snipers, bastion etc vs tracer, genji's etc. And yes 1 trick pony's are bad. But what if that is the player who is playing the right counter/hero for the map/enemy team combo. How many times i get shouted at when i take a Mei in nightmarket..until they see how i play with it.
    Everyone deserves a chance to play their "character". But if it's not working out and they are asked to switch, and they don't, they should be reported. This kind of behavior should be actively discouraged by blizz, but they don't right now.

  7. #27
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,663
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Everyone deserves a chance to play their "character". But if it's not working out and they are asked to switch, and they don't, they should be reported. This kind of behavior should be actively discouraged by blizz, but they don't right now.
    That's bullshit, honestly. This 'You, switch' shit 99% of the time comes out of one player having a bad game. And, it might not even be bad enough across the team to be putting them into a losing position. And more often than not, is directed at the 'non-meta' player who might well be having a good game and not be anything to do with the poor experience the whiner is having.

    You're simply neither in a position to make those calls, nor in a position of authority to make those decisions over who should change to what either. You know as well as I do some heroes can, will, and indeed do get a free pass on being asked to switch, even if they're having a shit time. I've had enough shit times tanking to know that, and had more ire for switching off a failure of tanking than sticking by it and keep dying. Meanwhile, 76, Pharah, Tracer are seldom going to be asked to switch, meanwhile a Widowmaker that's being reported by the other team for hacks will still be #1 target for 'switch please' when Zenyatta gets killed by Tracer for the third time.

    You would rather see me die 15 times on Orisa and blame Hanzo, than see me try to do something about it myself by switching off Orisa.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I think at low ELO, people make a bigger deal than they should and would be better off just supporting their teammates. At low ELO people are still working out the essentials and comp doesn't matter that much. Like, yes, your attack hanzo and mei are probably not going to be impressive but if you just work with your team and get a lucio to help your mei flank a bunch of out of position idiots then you can make it work

    a common target is widowmaker. we all know how stubborn players who want to play widowmaker can be because of how abusive players have been to them and try to lay a team's defeat at their feet every game and guilt trip them for it. but honestly if your widowmaker is shooting somewhere around 40-50% scoped accuracy, does not have a lot of obstacles in her way or not a lot of preventative measures being made to make her less effective, you are probably just better off supporting her instead of berating her.

    I don't like Hanzo because he is very inconsistent and a very difficult hero to play and there are a variety of much stronger heroes they could play, but Widowmaker is very reliable - she is hitscan and has one of the most effective value per shots in the game as a boosted widow can get your team easy picks even if they are not impressive and just got lucky... a pick is a pick and just the fact the enemy team is scared they could get picked by widow will create space for your team until they decide to do something about it...

    and if their team is bad and your widow is positioned well and you support her, even if she is total trash well now your team is fighting a 6v4 after your team demolishes the winston who is expecting to kill your widow easy or robs him of his bubble so he cant use it to protect his team from your widow and turned their defense point into open season

    But at higher ELOs people know the game. They know what is stupid. They know what is not stupid. You are probably not losing games in gold solely because of an attack torbjorn making a serious effort to win even though they are an uncooperative asshole. However, when you are in masters and someone is playing bastion on lijang gardens, as much as you want to win and wish that you could make it work so you could win, you are not playing to win at this point - you are playing to lose as little as possible, which is very likely to be a far cry from the experience players at that rank expect the platform of competitive play to deliver.
    Yeah ....you are right but i see allot of IF's......

    And kills and medals does not equal winning. If you want to practice widow ( like you said) they should do that in Quick play and arcade...not in Ranked.
    And the hate for widows is real!!! If i as ( zenyatta, lucio, moria<OP, any tank of dps) can out dps you as widow ( while keeping time alive)...then you can not play her. And its not that we do not want her. But against certain picks on certain maps widows are just plain less useful as a other dps hero. And on lower/mid game's you can have 1 bad player...but not 1 bad player and a widow ( that is bad/useless).

    But let me give you a example.


    Hanamura on attack, first point:

    The defense have the following combo:
    Heals: Moria
    Tank: ( orisa or/and reinhard)
    Dps: Tjorborn ( turret to take care of the hole), they have a widow ( usefull against pharah's and pick of healers coming thru the gate, Mobile dps like ( genji or tracer), hard hitting dps ( pharah, hanzo, junkrat , symmetra) anything that can punish any idiot trying to get thru the gate.
    Then you need everyone on their A game to get thru the wall. 1 bad player or a widow and you can not get thru it. Why ...because she has not targets..everyone is behind a shield. If she is in line of sight moria's orb, orisa's halt ( or weapon fire), reinhards blast, hanzo's arrows all do damage to her ( if she try to shoot thru the gate). And the hole in the wall has no use tjorborn turret and maybe a symmetra turrets/junkrat/pharah spam and you will not get past it.

  9. #29
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,663
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yeah ....you are right but i see allot of IF's......

    And kills and medals does not equal winning. If you want to practice widow ( like you said) they should do that in Quick play and arcade...not in Ranked.
    And the hate for widows is real!!! If i as ( zenyatta, lucio, moria<OP, any tank of dps) can out dps you as widow ( while keeping time alive)...then you can not play her. And its not that we do not want her. But against certain picks on certain maps widows are just plain less useful as a other dps hero. And on lower/mid game's you can have 1 bad player...but not 1 bad player and a widow ( that is bad/useless).

    But let me give you a example.


    Hanamura on attack, first point:

    The defense have the following combo:
    Heals: Moria
    Tank: ( orisa or/and reinhard)
    Dps: Tjorborn ( turret to take care of the hole), they have a widow ( usefull against pharah's and pick of healers coming thru the gate, Mobile dps like ( genji or tracer), hard hitting dps ( pharah, hanzo, junkrat , symmetra) anything that can punish any idiot trying to get thru the gate.
    Then you need everyone on their A game to get thru the wall. 1 bad player or a widow and you can not get thru it. Why ...because she has not targets..everyone is behind a shield. If she is in line of sight moria's orb, orisa's halt ( or weapon fire), reinhards blast, hanzo's arrows all do damage to her ( if she try to shoot thru the gate). And the hole in the wall has no use tjorborn turret and maybe a symmetra turrets/junkrat/pharah spam and you will not get past it.
    Positioning is everything.

    Last night on Hollywood, end of the match 'Report Jessicka'. Moments later, PotG Jessicka as Widowmaker 'proceeds to clip of my clearing Point A of 4 enemies in attack and taking Point A'. Clearly the loss was *my* fault for picking Widowmaker at that stage, and nothing to do with the lamentable defence by players who got blown up by Pharah while I was tanking defence, because they wouldn't get behind my shield and left themselves totally exposed.

    That's the kind of bullshit I see most days. The blame is automatically placed on a certain player for certain hero picks, when actually, the pivotal bad decisions are made by players on "good" heroes just being stupid.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That's bullshit, honestly. This 'You, switch' shit 99% of the time comes out of one player having a bad game. And, it might not even be bad enough across the team to be putting them into a losing position. And more often than not, is directed at the 'non-meta' player who might well be having a good game and not be anything to do with the poor experience the whiner is having.

    You're simply neither in a position to make those calls, nor in a position of authority to make those decisions over who should change to what either. You know as well as I do some heroes can, will, and indeed do get a free pass on being asked to switch, even if they're having a shit time. I've had enough shit times tanking to know that, and had more ire for switching off a failure of tanking than sticking by it and keep dying. Meanwhile, 76, Pharah, Tracer are seldom going to be asked to switch, meanwhile a Widowmaker that's being reported by the other team for hacks will still be #1 target for 'switch please' when Zenyatta gets killed by Tracer for the third time.

    You would rather see me die 15 times on Orisa and blame Hanzo, than see me try to do something about it myself by switching off Orisa.
    If there other team picks are causing problems in the back line and you are on a widow, then yes you are contributing to the Zen dying to tracer.
    You are making broad generalizations, but just because you have a lot of kills doesn't mean you are effectively contributing, depending on team comp and map, back line fuckery and not challenging a cap or being able to stay on the payload is more important. I'd rather see a Hanzo play the objective and get kills than a widow doing nothing but take pot shots and give the other team healing charge. I have the same problem with Junk rats that spam grenades and just cause healing charge on the other team. Just because you have a couple more kills than deaths doesn't mean you are helping your team.

    But on topic, if you are a garbage off-meta player and you get asked to switch and you don't, you get reported. If you are a good off-meta player, but you're pick is helping the team, I don't care about your kills, you should change and that's what people see. People don't ask S76 or other like heroes to change because they are uniformly useful. If they are a bad player than they are a bad player, but they are on a solid pick and trying to help the team. That's the point.
    The game is about team work, unless you are an exceptional player who makes Torb God, you are going to be asked to switch because you aren't helping the team.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Everyone deserves a chance to play their "character". But if it's not working out and they are asked to switch, and they don't, they should be reported. This kind of behavior should be actively discouraged by blizz, but they don't right now.
    Yup and nope.
    Again i think its hard to inforce.
    But nope...they should not always be able to play there Main. There are some maps you can almost guess witch hero's or hero type's ( snipers , fast movers, brawlers etc) will be there. Picking something that will with 99% change get countered. Not only builds the enemy's ults but makes you team loose time and time again. And we are not talking about let me try 1 or 3 deaths kind of players. We are talking about i play hero X and i will not change people.

  12. #32
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,663
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    If there other team picks are causing problems in the back line and you are on a widow, then yes you are contributing to the Zen dying to tracer.
    You are making broad generalizations, but just because you have a lot of kills doesn't mean you are effectively contributing, depending on team comp and map, back line fuckery and not challenging a cap or being able to stay on the payload is more important. I'd rather see a Hanzo play the objective and get kills than a widow doing nothing but take pot shots and give the other team healing charge. I have the same problem with Junk rats that spam grenades and just cause healing charge on the other team. Just because you have a couple more kills than deaths doesn't mean you are helping your team.

    But on topic, if you are a garbage off-meta player and you get asked to switch and you don't, you get reported. If you are a good off-meta player, but you're pick is helping the team, I don't care about your kills, you should change and that's what people see. People don't ask S76 or other like heroes to change because they are uniformly useful. If they are a bad player than they are a bad player, but they are on a solid pick and trying to help the team. That's the point.
    The game is about team work, unless you are an exceptional player who makes Torb God, you are going to be asked to switch because you aren't helping the team.
    If I'm getting lots of kills, I'm giving them the same problems, or worse, than Tracer is giving us.

    And frankly, this conversation is borne of Top 500 players who've been there season after season and demonstrably are not garbage at that hero. Similarly I've earned my rank playing Widow where I play her, I've put the hours in to demonstrate that's the case. Your argument just has no validity.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If I'm getting lots of kills, I'm giving them the same problems, or worse, than Tracer is giving us.

    And frankly, this conversation is borne of Top 500 players who've been there season after season and demonstrably are not garbage at that hero. Similarly I've earned my rank playing Widow where I play her, I've put the hours in to demonstrate that's the case. Your argument just has no validity.
    If you are effective on widow at higher levels, that's great. But if you get countered and you can't switch, your don't deserve that rank.
    And your argument that you have xyz rank and you always play widow has no validity either. Also like I said, talking about top 500 players is pointless, they are going to be good regardless. But 99.99% of players aren't Top500 so...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yup and nope.
    Again i think its hard to inforce.
    But nope...they should not always be able to play there Main. There are some maps you can almost guess witch hero's or hero type's ( snipers , fast movers, brawlers etc) will be there. Picking something that will with 99% change get countered. Not only builds the enemy's ults but makes you team loose time and time again. And we are not talking about let me try 1 or 3 deaths kind of players. We are talking about i play hero X and i will not change people.
    I agree with you. But it's still important to give the player a chance, because it is a game afterall. If there were limited number of switches, then I would so no to giving them a chance.

  14. #34
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,663
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    If you are effective on widow at higher levels, that's great. But if you get countered and you can't switch, your don't deserve that rank.
    And your argument that you have xyz rank and you always play widow has no validity either. Also like I said, talking about top 500 players is pointless, they are going to be good regardless. But 99.99% of players aren't Top500 so...

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree with you. But it's still important to give the player a chance, because it is a game afterall. If there were limited number of switches, then I would so no to giving them a chance.
    I earned my rank playing what I play. I didn’t earn it being bullied into switching off and playing heroes I’m less confident with. My limitations should, and do limit me to being where I am. I play a pool of 6-7 heroes, which is very flexible by anyone’s standards. But, that pool includes unpopular heroes like Widow, Sombra, and Orisa. You want to limit my pool further, and push me to heroes I neither like or am particularly confident with; your rules will limit my ability to climb.

    You’re going to keep coming back to “if I’m being countered”, but you literally only care if you think I’m being countered on Widow or Sombra, not if I’m actually being countered on DVa or Mercy. It’s a bullshit même at this point, it doesn’t mean anything as an argument.

    It’s even more hilarious when you get someone whining you’re playing Widow into Winston when he’s literally not getting near you, to deal with their Widow because our own Winston can’t get near them either.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-27 at 05:24 PM.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I earned my rank playing what I play. I didn’t earn it being bullied into switching off and playing heroes I’m less confident with. My limitations should, and do limit me to being where I am. I play a pool of 6-7 heroes, which is very flexible by anyone’s standards. But, that pool includes unpopular heroes like Widow, Sombra, and Orisa. You want to limit my pool further, and push me to heroes I neither like or am particularly confident with; your rules will limit my ability to climb.

    You’re going to keep coming back to “if I’m being countered”, but you literally only care if you think I’m being countered on Widow or Sombra, not if I’m actually being countered on DVa or Mercy. It’s a bullshit même at this point, it doesn’t mean anything as an argument.

    It’s even more hilarious when you get someone whining you’re playing Widow into Winston when he’s literally not getting near you, to deal with their Widow because our own Winston can’t get near them either.
    No, I've literally stated if you can play your class effectively than it's fine.
    You keep circling around to widow, who let's face it isnt the most team orientated pick. But I don't care, I would care if someone else picked Hanzo, but when I see that happen I just back out of games before they start now, because I'm not going to even get into that fight.
    Now you are trying to add other factors to your argument. If you can actually be effective on widow, no one is going to care. But if you are in a 2-2-2 comp and your healers are getting lit up, you should be thinking about changing, or adjusting your positioning so you can protect your back line better. But as you said you have other picks you can go to, so switch.
    Your main argument is the team wants you to switch because you are on a character that unless you are getting 30-40 kills you really aren't contributing much. You can't push caps, you can't defend a rush, can't advance a payload or defend. People are going to ask you to switch, get used to it.
    Don't blame them, blame blizzard, they designed the game mode and character it's their meta that places character like Widow on the outside of good team play with the exception of very specific maps and situations.

  16. #36
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    17,663
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No, I've literally stated if you can play your class effectively than it's fine.
    You keep circling around to widow, who let's face it isnt the most team orientated pick. But I don't care, I would care if someone else picked Hanzo, but when I see that happen I just back out of games before they start now, because I'm not going to even get into that fight.
    Now you are trying to add other factors to your argument. If you can actually be effective on widow, no one is going to care. But if you are in a 2-2-2 comp and your healers are getting lit up, you should be thinking about changing, or adjusting your positioning so you can protect your back line better. But as you said you have other picks you can go to, so switch.
    Your main argument is the team wants you to switch because you are on a character that unless you are getting 30-40 kills you really aren't contributing much. You can't push caps, you can't defend a rush, can't advance a payload or defend. People are going to ask you to switch, get used to it.
    Don't blame them, blame blizzard, they designed the game mode and character it's their meta that places character like Widow on the outside of good team play with the exception of very specific maps and situations.
    Whether I’m effective or not is already being determined by SR score. I don’t need banning on top of having a bad game.

    Look I basically one tricked DVa the last 3 seasons by necessity, no one ever said a word, effective or not. You can’t keep moving the goalposts. You simply don’t want certain heroes. No one says a word when I’m countered on DVa, Orisa or Mercy; on the contrary, they lose their shit when I switch because I’m countered on them.

  17. #37
    Over 9000! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,298
    Couldnt agree more, my opinion for a few seasons now has been that the game is functionally unplayable in almost all forms of matchmaking. The only experience I can get that has any worth or enjoyment whatsoever is Duo Queueing (at minimum) with someone I know, and even that is difficult because of the lackluster way SR is awarded. I honestly dont believe that the vast majority of players are placed where they should be.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer TriHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    KFC and Watermelon
    Posts
    3,153
    Would be nice if you could make a good post without mentioning content creators who have nothing to do with this.

    Stylosa is just one voice among millions. he is nothing special compared to the average player nor is his voice any more important than the average player.

  19. #39
    Immortal Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,092
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You have the tools to solve your own problems and if you choose to not use them that is on you.
    You're not solving a problem if removing that problem creates 5 more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don’t think one tricking is really acceptable, but where do we draw the line? We simply can’t have a free for all of reporting based on hero picks alone.
    Honestly, it really depends. Widowmaker, Symmetra, Torbjorn, Bastion... you know, those are some common ones people complain about. I'm not a big fan of builders and I think One Tricking is generally only a high ELO problem. Sure, if you're in gold or silver and you get one of these builder one tricks you might be like "oooooh fuck me" it's not the end of the world and you can make it work because players at low ELO are there because they make too many mistakes to play at a higher ELO.

    But still, for those players it's the principle of the matter - builders bother me because I usually play Flankers which means that they're forcing me to shoulder the entire offensive load of the team whenever they're not 100. I mean, I try, I try hard, but I fuckin' hate it when I'm put into that position, whether it's by hero pick or poor performance and the game always immediately becomes very unfun because you have effortlessly placed an enormous amount of responsibility on me to fulfill the role of consistent damage which forces me to play less safe, but at the same time I can't make a lot of mistakes and I'm placed in this very stressful situation where, based on your performance, you may or may not be asking me to indisputably be the best player in the match... All to support your inflexibility and one dimensional low skill playstyle.

    Just because it can work, is it fair to force people to try to make it work? I do focus on winning a lot, it's the most important aspect of competitive play, so I'll put it out of mind that it's not likely and try to play like I am absolutely out of my mind. But that's a lot of pressure to put on one player. Isn't there already enough hand-holding in competitive forcing experienced players to play with inexperienced players?

    At least with Widowmaker or Bastion, you demand a lot of attention as well as respect and can really scare the enemy team and punish them very very badly for stupid mistakes. I'm much more amenable to working with these kinds of players because not only are their heroes more powerful but they are so much more adaptable and have the freedom to be much more aggressive.

    So like I said, it depends and that, for the most part, one tricking is very rude but most prominently an issue at high ELO. However, I think Junkrat One Tricks are a problem in lower ELO just because there are so many of them. I also think they are literally the worst one tricks. I'm not a fan of Symmetra One Tricks being on the cusp of top 500, but it is undeniable that playing Heroes like Torbjorn or Symmetra require as much as or greater knowledge of positioning and gamesense as McCree. But these Junkrat one tricks are worse than Genji mains. Monkey zaps roboninja most of them don't have a good time, play something else, and post a thread about how broken winston is or bitch at each other in chat.

    But Junkrat players, man. They are so devoted to this fucking hero, they won't play anything else unless unless you are making their experience MISERABLE. Symmetra and Torb one tricks might be full of shit when they say they can't play Lucio, but I 100% believe a Junkrat one trick when they say they can't play anything else because I have seen some funny shit when I spawn camp junkrat players.

    Sometimes they swap to roadhog and after you kill them, they'll go back to junkrat. when i'm hiding they'll come out as a hero like reinhardt and look around to see if i'm there, then stagger their team to run back into the spawn and swap junkrat. you can kill these people 20 times in consecutive sucession in one game and they will leave the match before they will swap off Junkrat. It's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

    They don't care when there's a Zarya and Pharah on the other team or that they're more useless than a dildo in a blender. They have 300 hours on him, it's the only hero they play. They've been a Junkrat one trick since launch and that's not going to change anytime soon because they play at an ELO where he is undeniably more consistent and rewarding than a higher skill hero so they don't play anything else.

    But honestly, who can really blame them? he spams so much random ridiculous damage. his mine explodes in an area bigger than 2 honda odysseys and not only does he NOT take damage from it, but magically gains the ability to manipulate his gravity once he's airborne. On top of doing everything they could to reward a bad player for being bad when they designed Junkrat, they also specifically designed him to prey on everything that makes other bad players bad. Because of the disgusting difference in difficulty of generating efficient value with low mechanical skill as Junkrat compared to literally any other hero in the game, they are stuck in an ELO hell where they've been crowned Satan.

    How do I figure that, you ask?

    Because Junkrat players just cease to exist above Diamond. This is where they start to finally see the weaknesses the hero has, because unlike when they were in Gold and sneaking up on people, dying midair and getting random picks with Total Mayhem, tossing mines over barriers etc. playing the game like deathmatch, Tracers are now 1 clipping them. If someone doesn't like you and thinks you're an annoying cunt, they'll swap 76 and fuck you up from start to finish of your your evasive mine arc. Literally the whole enemy team will kill you if you're close enough to a team to throw a mine over their shield. if they haven't got cover and a McCree sees them, they're dead before they can even shoot a second grenade or before they can detonate a mine that's in range of him.

    They feel good enough about themselves that it should be someone else's job to shoot pharah and it's your fault zarya is always fully charged because you're bad and didn't kill her. And why the hell wouldn't they feel that way? Being bad has been so much more rewarding for them than having to "git gud" all the fucking way up to Diamond, so they obviously think they're pretty good if they've climbed in rank despite never playing another hero in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    For one thing it generates a huge amount of noise in which reports of genuine bad behaviour get lost. For another, what happens to ‘off meta’ heroes? They are rendered genuinely not playable, and impossible to ever recover from as people are slow to rebuild trust after buffs.

    I’m afraid players are just going to have to suck it up and learn to live with it, because the alternative is actually worse in terms of a stagnant roster and play style for the game.
    I don't care what Blizzard says, there's no way in hell they actually read all those reports. The fact that every employee says "you don't know that" when you say it, it's like when you lie about something and someone knows you're full of shite. If they weren't lying, at least one of them would have said something different but they all say the same thing.

    I just don't understand how you can't see that the more this problem grows, the worse it's going to be for the community. Things are eventually going to hit a boiling point where nobody feels like there's any point to taking the game mode seriously and we're just going to have two versions of quickplay. Not just because of one tricks, because there is a whole lot of fuckery going on here that is contributing to the degradation of the game mode, but I've played in 5 seasons of competitive play and the game is just nothing like it was in Season 1 or 3.
    And while the cobras dance around your feet like you're a god
    It only takes one bite for you to realize you are not


  20. #40
    I don't really get the controversy about the one tricks being banned. If you want to play whatever, go quick play, that is what it is there for. If you want to play comp, you better be doing anything to win. The fact that onetricks and trolls get banned now actually might bring me back to the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •