Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Playing as fury warrior recently, I faced mirror situations. Sometimes i 100-0 a healer within a stun, sometimes i hit like a wet noodle with swifty macro. I have no idea whats going on but soloing a healer can be fun or frustrating, but never both. Probably thats why i barely play arena, and god forbid play it as a healer.
    my druid Active

  2. #62
    Herald of the Titans Ryan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    2,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Healers are not op ofc rofl. At below 2.4k mmr (i havent been higher) i had like 5 games max out of like 1k that lasted 8-10min. Ofc i am not talkinc about 2v2. Sometimes you cant overheal dmg even without dampening. The reason why games at 3k mmr last longer (until 40% dampening sometimes) is because of cooldown coordination. Actually dps are op. Some dps defensive cooldowns are insane like fdk death strike for 4mln. Destro wall or mage temporal shield.

    Also healers are actually way much harder than dps. You get punished fof everything. Even getting locked hurts much more than if caster is locked. Most of the have multiple spell schools like ele shaman after getting locked into fire can stil do decent dps.

    Try to play healer at mid rate ( 2.2k) i cant imagine how hard is it at 3k. Also wow will NEVER be balanced about casual pvp so dont take random battkegrounds as example. Even rated bgs are not worth talking about as game pvp is balanced about 3v3 mainly
    Your argument on healers being harder actually proves my point about healers being more valuable than a dps player. That's the fundamental problem with this game is that healers are far more responsible because dps have less tools to sustain themselves.

    This game feels extremely dictated by the skill level of the healer while the skill the level of an individual dps matters way less.
    rip Dave Zablidowsky

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
    Your argument on healers being harder actually proves my point about healers being more valuable than a dps player. That's the fundamental problem with this game is that healers are far more responsible because dps have less tools to sustain themselves.

    This game feels extremely dictated by the skill level of the healer while the skill the level of an individual dps matters way less.
    The skill of a dps matters a lot, there are dps of the same class and spec that can solo healers and then there are dps that can not. There are dps that actually protects the healer and cc's and then there are the tunnel vision solo artists that play fully blinkered.

    Healers are just as reliant on good dps as dps are on good healers. A good healer means nothing if the dps does not do its job.

    Having said this giving dps more self healing i don't think is something you want to happen, if dps can heal as well as a healer, then healers would need to dps as well as a dps, there would be no trade off, everyone would be the same, every game of 3's would be against 3 healers / 3 dps, every bg 10 healers / 10 dps.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2017-12-01 at 04:12 PM.

  4. #64
    Is there a place I can go to read about how to become an unkillable god as a healer. On my resto shaman I get absolutely fucking destroyed in 3s against double melee burst comps and feel like I need to pop SLT in the first like 10 seconds to not explode into tiny blue pieces. I've never healed in PVP before and it's a real struggle unless my friends just completely demolish the other team in like 30 seconds.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Tbh, It depends where and who you play against and what cd's you have left. However good dps while rare, do occaisonally appear, have a look at the arena finals and see how quickly the healers die when two dps sits on them, its not a slow thing.
    These situations in arena, especially when its arena at that level, its a microcosm and teams know each other well. Teams do speak through scenarios before playing them, of when this team chooses this and that comp, what they will have to do to break certain chains and how to react to specific events. This makes it alot easier to execute when the situation arises.

    In regular play where you do not know the other team and their tactics and weakness, you almost never pull things off that quickly, unless the opponent healer is really trash.

    Again, since many don`t seem to understand this. Dampening is there for a reason and should be enough to help you understand that healing vs dps is favouring healing. That there are some arena comps which can down a healer under some circumstances very very quickly does not change the fact that in the majority of cases a healer will decide the outcome of fights alot more than a dps.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized Nuclear Kitten View Post
    Is there a place I can go to read about how to become an unkillable god as a healer. On my resto shaman I get absolutely fucking destroyed in 3s against double melee burst comps and feel like I need to pop SLT in the first like 10 seconds to not explode into tiny blue pieces. I've never healed in PVP before and it's a real struggle unless my friends just completely demolish the other team in like 30 seconds.
    that's literally the skill cap in the game atm as double melee, target healer pop as much mobility/immunities as you can and just burst the enemy healer if that fails oh well seems like you're in for the slow death by classes that aren't a 1 trick pop CDS pony.

  7. #67
    The problems you report just show me and anyone else with high level experience that you don't know how to swap or force cooldowns or coordinate with your team.

    If other people do what you cannot, the problem is you, not the game.
    Things to laugh at:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    The choice of what your sexual orientation is is not a civil right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Im pretty sure you're one of those who accused people of sexual harassment for no other reason than eleminating competition in your workspace.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •