View Poll Results: Will you be participating?

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • No

7 53.85%
  • Yes

6 46.15%
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Small business Saturday

Will you be participating? Will you support your local businesses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Will you be participating? Will you support your local businesses?
    I do every day when I purchase my daily allowance of vodka.

Well I work for one so... yeah... unfortunately. Rather be sleeping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I do every day when I purchase my daily allowance of vodka.
    You buy vodka every day?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    You buy vodka every day?
    Your first time hearing about alcoholism?

Maybe although I hit yes. Depends on if I go drinking tonight/eat out tomorrow or go shopping both of the grocery stores I frequent Albertson's and Winco are headquartered in Boise (Albertson's/Safeway is a slightly more expensive chain with slightly higher quality usually that has lots of locations Winco is unique to the pacific NW and it is super low budget employee owned company that I like to support they are cheaper than walmart and apparently walmart is afraid of them.)
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Work at one so probably not as I have plans this Saturday.

Nah, mainly because I'm not shopping for anything atm and I'm not near my home (still away for thanksgiving). I don't really have many small mom and pop style stores near me regardless.

Most local businesses around here have been wiped out by big chain stores, the only small business place I frequent is a diner. Well I guess the dentist and my nurse practitioner.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    why do you need a special holiday to support your local businesses? that should be done regardless.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why do you need a special holiday to support your local businesses? that should be done regardless.
    Agreed. I do my best to buy all of my comics at local shops. there's two in particular that I support as much as I can. I only have one subscription through marvel. As for groceries I prefer to frequent the local butcher shops for my meat as I think the stuff at places like walmart is gross. Produce I try to get at local farmer's markets as much as I can (unfortunately living in Ohio the farmer's markets are only really open in the summer). Otherwise I shop at Kroger because they do their best to get produce as locally as possible.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano