Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Competitive needs a WoW queue system... Tank x2, Healer x2, DPS x2. Notice I said Healer not Support and DPS not Attack/ Defense. There should even be an option to Queue as Flex which puts you queued into whichever role is needed. If you queue as a Tank you can only select from Tanks...

Just a thought
    You don't need 2 of each, you really don't. It is more people going berserk at the start of the game and crying to no end if it doesn't happen that throws the game off.

Now as for why to play competitive, QM is simply too terrible to even consider playing. And if you play good enough you'll win most of your games, if you notice you get one bad game after the other just stop for a while and do something else instead of constantly hitting your head against that wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Actually my point was no matter how good you are if the team is horrible and the other team is good you can not carry, and this season it is REALLY bad, like it is worse than rolling dice to see if you will win or lose......oh and Ragtagg is Diamond
    Then your point is false. It's true you can't carry every game, but you can do far more than you think. There is a reason paid boosting exists.

Eh, as I never throw or troll. I stand more to gain win/loss wise. Obviously it's not fun though as Rag Tagg points out, that's why I stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Competitive needs a WoW queue system... Tank x2, Healer x2, DPS x2. Notice I said Healer not Support and DPS not Attack/ Defense. There should even be an option to Queue as Flex which puts you queued into whichever role is needed. If you queue as a Tank you can only select from Tanks...

Just a thought
    But the beauty of Overwatch is picks and counter-picks. Additionally, more than 2-2-2 is viable/effective. This solution impedes that.

OW, much like MOBA's needs to be played in a group of people who know what they are doing to have any sort of consistent enjoyment or progression in the game. I mean you would THINK with QP and arcade, that people would go into comp with a competitive attitude but clearly that hasn't done anything, and increasing the punishment doesn't seem to do anything either. it's really killed my desire to play the game for more then a couple matches before I get frustrated and move on.

I was in (and stayed in consistently) masters for the past few seasons. I took a break from competitive to focus on school stuff, now I'm hanging in high plat (2900) because I can't carry hard enough as a healer. Decay is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play competitive for one reason: higher quality games. However terrible you believe your matches are, quick play is ALWAYS worse. On quick play you're guaranteed a Widow in half your games, and there are no healers.

I don't really care about rank: I will always be between gold and plat and thats fine for me, its the sweet spot of fun. Silver and below your teammates won't coordinate. High plat and above is super hardcore and stressful as well as lots of meta slaves.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Deleted
    If you are better than your current elo and play enough games you will reach higher elo. There is higher chance that the enemy will have leavers/trolls/bad players than you, cuz you+5 spots VS 6 spots.

There should be more ways to get golden guns other than comp points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePsyentist View Post
    There should be more ways to get golden guns other than comp points.
    Yes, absolutely!

I find the current system very "beta-like", meaning an idea they didn't really think through. Cosmectic things like this should be awarded for time consumed, and not performance in a rated envoirment. I mean, this DESTROYS the quality of comp, since some people just do it for the golden guns and don't care about rating, meaning more or less they don't care about wins. I don't blame the players, I blame the system.

Golden Guns should be awarded in other ways, examples:

Game Points instead of Competitive Points. You get 15 points (like you get 15 for a comp win) for a win in Comp OR QUICK Play. Meaning you can farm them in QP as well. This would also increase the quality of Quick Play, as people would try harder

or (what I prefer)

Golden Gun awarded after a certain amount of time played with a hero. For example, if you played a hero for maybe 50 hours or so, you get a golden gun with that hero! Or 100 hours w/e, if you put time and effort into a specific hero, you get rewarded with that hero. To me, this sounds fair!

Current system just sucks.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

your basically stuck at your placement or its impossible to rank up unless you hard carry because most players stopped giving a fuck after season 2, now you get a blatant thrower every game and blizzard does fuck all to adress it, so just do your placements and play something enjoyable.
    I wish comp was tournament style where you make your own team, you arent limited by arbitrary mmr which basically locks you in forever if you have like a gold borner, and you selected your team, and you queu against teams it judges your team based on your win/loss based on a leadboard, but then again all of the sym 1 tricks will be left out so cant do that.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2017-12-27 at 11:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game DESPERATELY need Premade Finder tool ingame.

It would be so simple. If you played WoW you know what I mean. You list your groups like:

"Rating Push, 2500+" or something, where you give a description like:

"Need a tank, 2 healers and 1 DPS" and further what is expected of them.

And when you sign, your rating and profile name is shown for the leader to check, and you can of course whisper eachother from the tool thing.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    I also support the integration of a premade tool. Lets look at Lol for example, other genre but you get the gist of it. Youch choose your Favourite Role/Lane (and secondary) one and you get that and discussion finished.

It may extend the time you have to wait in the queue for a little, but it would also prevent from having cancer teams ( sry for that expression) such as having 5 dps and one heal and no tank, which could work, but doesnt in most cases, especially in solo queue ( not looking at (nearly) complete teams)

I also mean not to copy that system 1:1, but something like that would be nice to have.

Regarding carry heroes in lower Ranks, I have to agree with the dps potential or playing as aggresive support can also be very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kirby9113 View Post
    I also support the integration of a premade tool. Lets look at Lol for example, other genre but you get the gist of it. Youch choose your Favourite Role/Lane (and secondary) one and you get that and discussion finished.

It may extend the time you have to wait in the queue for a little, but it would also prevent from having cancer teams ( sry for that expression) such as having 5 dps and one heal and no tank, which could work, but doesnt in most cases, especially in solo queue ( not looking at (nearly) complete teams)

I also mean not to copy that system 1:1, but something like that would be nice to have.

Regarding carry heroes in lower Ranks, I have to agree with the dps potential or playing as aggresive support can also be very good.
    Except you can still get filled into any role besides your prio/secondary if the queues demand it. But if you play that game then your next one is guaranteed to offer you prio/secondary role

I also stopped playing comp pretty much after season 2-3, feels unrewarding that somehow, when we win then I have 3 gold medals, we lose lots of times because of troll picks but of course you sometimes have bad games yourself and I can never ever win one and get carried a bit on the way if I performed bad, nope it's somehow always me on top or nothing on a win, that's odd.

Chat is toxic mostly so I have a reflex to just disable the chat when going comp (I dunno how junkrat is nowadays in ranked but before his buffs, I used to play him a lot on def and attack and come out on top yet get yelled at for picking "wrong hero".

Anyway I am really enjoying for months now playing Mystery Heroes, this mode is almost perfect and an amazing way to play overwatch, I wish they would add a ranked mode to that, then people wouldn't be able to complain much about picks - everyone would be able to either ruin or save the match :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    This game DESPERATELY need Premade Finder tool ingame.

It would be so simple. If you played WoW you know what I mean. You list your groups like:

"Rating Push, 2500+" or something, where you give a description like:

"Need a tank, 2 healers and 1 DPS" and further what is expected of them.

And when you sign, your rating and profile name is shown for the leader to check, and you can of course whisper each other from the tool thing.
    I want something like this, Even if its just push queue, get randoms but before the game starts you can talk about the team comp, if you have 5 support mains you can leave and requeue with no drawback. The main problem i have with ow atm is getting into groups and losing from the team loading screen.

Last night played 5 of my placement matches, 4 of them had too many support/tank mains and no dps. Getting myself to the lowly rank i am means I have not played dps and thus I'm not a good dps for this this level! nor was anyone else.

The biggest problem i can see what your premade finder tool is if it still punishes you for being in a group vs being solo. People say, find friends in game and group up, but then you come across people that are also 3 man premades with lots of team comp that have been playing together since the game came out and the game treats you the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Entenei View Post
    I want something like this, Even if its just push queue, get randoms but before the game starts you can talk about the team comp, if you have 5 support mains you can leave and requeue with no drawback. The main problem i have with ow atm is getting into groups and losing from the team loading screen.

Last night played 5 of my placement matches, 4 of them had too many support/tank mains and no dps. Getting myself to the lowly rank i am means I have not played dps and thus I'm not a good dps for this this level! nor was anyone else.

The biggest problem i can see what your premade finder tool is if it still punishes you for being in a group vs being solo. People say, find friends in game and group up, but then you come across people that are also 3 man premades with lots of team comp that have been playing together since the game came out and the game treats you the same.
    No, I mean every group in the premade finder thing has a leader who accept or decline people. There is no auto queue etc, and the power is 100% in the hands of the leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I just think the players are killing this game, between leavers, throwers and people who won't flex......I now have a group of people I play with but seeing as I am on disability and their work schedules vary if I want to play while they are working or off doing something I am forced to solo queue which 8 times out of 10 results in my losing SR because of the types of people I mentioned. I don't really like arcade and QP is just a shit show, I am a competitive person by nature and that is what I want, it sickens me that in season 5 I was a platinum player, season 6 and 7 upper gold and this season I placed 200 points away from gold (though I only lost 1 match with my group and I find that BS) and from there...........I am now down to 1450 because of said types of people.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Competitive is just a system to get "balanced games" to try to get you into hard games that you CAN win. Dont expect anything else.
    Anyone can get to high ranks by solo queing, it depends on your skill, the system is not that bad.
    If you are 2k mmr you are not very good at the game, you probably have a ton of things to work on, dont blame your team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    You probably overestimate your skills.

Going from platinum to silver? lol And isn't 905 bronze?

No offense but I can probably reach silver/gold as Battle Mercy. I am not saying you are the only problem, I mean, with my scrub account I had to endure 3 placement matches with leavers so that is a problem that actually does happen, but I honestly can't believe you aren't a problem yourself. You are losing that much SR to that level with a reason.
    That's the excuse a lot of people use but that's simply untrue in plenty of cases. My friend ended the first 5 seasons in Plat, then after his next placements in Plat he ended on a loss streak and dropped to low gold and has been stuck there ever since. Some other friends who are ~masters/GM say he could easily stick around in Plat with his skills, awareness and general shotcalling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    That's the excuse a lot of people use but that's simply untrue in plenty of cases. My friend ended the first 5 seasons in Plat, then after his next placements in Plat he ended on a loss streak and dropped to low gold and has been stuck there ever since. Some other friends who are ~masters/GM say he could easily stick around in Plat with his skills, awareness and general shotcalling.
    Trust me, if you're really that good, you can get out of it np.

I don't really play Pharah on my alt account, but I am not going to lose a 5v6 when one of my teammates leaves. We lost the first round, had someone leave and I went Pharah.

I went fuck it mode and decided to win. I wasn't even pocketed, asked our Mercy to heal everyone, mostly keeping our monkey alive. Was a hard game for me still because there's only so fast you can kill people.

I can't do this shit at around 3800 and onwards, there's no easy pickings there. People who blame being stuck in a certain rating should look at themselves first. If I can get out of it, then so can other people if they have the skill for it. And this is at lower plat skill level iirc.

iM Genuinely impressed with how much the quality of my games has went up since the SR change in diamond+ i feel like putting my all to win it is actually beter, im a genji main and i got high master every season with liek a 40% win rate cuz i would just avoid dying and get dragonblades instead of playing with my team, but now i can play with my team and play tanks instead of dps every game to play the SR system its a bit funner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    below plat is still plagued by the preformance SR you have to gain the system by 1 tricking a dps or off meta heroe your good at to get to diamond then try to flex unfortunately