The site is currently in read-only mode.

The site is currently in read-only mode

We will never get the perfect vanilla experience

Sorry to burst your bubble but having half the raid lagging or people stuck on quests will never be part of vanilla anymore.

Part of vanilla charm is that we all were exploring a world we knew nothing about. Now people will know exactly were to go and how to choose the optimal way to level and gear up. All of this will even be reinforced with questing addons that does the work foe you.

Yes. This thread brings new things to the table 23984623 threads before didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but having half the raid lagging or people stuck on quests will never be part of vanilla anymore.

Part of vanilla charm is that we all were exploring a world we knew nothing about. Now people will know exactly were to go and how to choose the optimal way to level and gear up. All of this will even be reinforced with questing addons that does the work foe you.
    Talk for yourself. I never played Vanilla

Yes, we will get the perfect the vanilla experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Talk for yourself. I never played Vanilla
    Most of who asked for vanilla are vanilla players. So it wasn't directed to you.

The Patient

Half the raid lagging, people stuck on quests? This stuff still happens today. What makes you think it won't happen in "Classic"?

I think people will get exactly what they are asking for and it will be quite fun to see the frustrations unfold on forums. Addons are the one thing that might fuck things up though, essentially modernizing vanilla in a way that it wasn't. Not sure what can or will be done about that.

Yes true but who knows. Going to be fun if people complain when they get exactly what they asked for

But we can try to get as close as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    I like turtles.
    no way! I like trains.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no way! I like trains.
    HOLY SHIT DUDE! Me too!

True but we simply want close enough

I can tell you that from private server experience, it really doesn't matter. Apologies beforehand as I turn this into a mini-blog. I finished Classic feeling bitterly disappointed that I had not accomplished any of my goals. I was an MC raider for the most part until I realized that my endgame ambitions and my GM's ambitions didn't quite match. This ended in me and all the officers leaving the guild and finding better guilds. In my new guild I got to see BWL fully in 1 night being basically boosted through it, I remember dieing on Nefarian in P1, inside one of the add entrance points, missing the whole encounter. I got to see AQ40 the same way, boosted through it until C'thun. I did 1 progress boss with my new guild in Naxx, Anubrekhan. I was finally in the right kind of guild but it was 1 months before TBC, so it was too late for me to enjoy Vanilla the way I wanted to.
    In 2012 I began raiding in a newly formed guild on a private server, I was obviously a different player at this point, I had become used to raiding at a higher level than in Vanilla and was much more confident as a player. I joined a guild feeling that I could improve them, I got to progress through MC and finally leave it behind to work on and get first time kills in BWL and AQ40, I can tell you that I had a much more satisfying/enjoyable experience on this private server than I actually did in 2006... until it was shutdown, but you get the point.
    Anti-Legacy tears are the tastiest!

Oh well no shit Sherlock! How long did it take you to realize you can't experience the same thing twice in exactly same way especially when there is 10+ years in between ?

I feel like someone has already said this before...