Deleted

few questions about warrior rotate

Hello. I have few questions about warriors rotations:

1: Do i use Mortal strike ONLY when i get Colossus smash prock? (im using titanic might talent so i have colossus smash all time on targets but do i use mortal strike only when i get PROC with cs?

2: in execute phase, when should i rend? and in execute phase do i spam execute UNTIL i get colossus smash proc and then mortal strike and repeat? im using titnic might talent again so my cs is always UP but do i wait for the proc.

3: opener. atm im doing charge-> colossus smash -> rend -> ravager -> battle cry -> warbreaker -> mortal strike if i dont get colossus smash proc -> slam until colossus smash -> mortal strike. is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by pippelipatonki View Post
    Hello. I have few questions about warriors rotations:

1: Do i use Mortal strike ONLY when i get Colossus smash prock? (im using titanic might talent so i have colossus smash all time on targets but do i use mortal strike only when i get PROC with cs?

2: in execute phase, when should i rend? and in execute phase do i spam execute UNTIL i get colossus smash proc and then mortal strike and repeat? im using titnic might talent again so my cs is always UP but do i wait for the proc.

3: opener. atm im doing charge-> colossus smash -> rend -> ravager -> battle cry -> warbreaker -> mortal strike if i dont get colossus smash proc -> slam until colossus smash -> mortal strike. is this correct?

1. Always use Mortal Strike even if you dont have Shattered Defense on the target (The debuff that Colossus Smash gives). This can change if you use Fevor for Battle though.

2. If you dont have tier 20 you dont use Rend during execute phase. You will use Colossus Smash on cooldown, 2 executes and keep Shattered Defenses on the target for mortal strike, otherwise spam execute til Colossus Smash procs again. If you have tier 20 you will continue doing this, but once Battlecry and Bladestorm comes of cooldown you will Colossus Smash > Rend > Battlecry + Bladestorm. Then onces thats over you'll continue execute rotation.

3. You should Charge > CS > Rend> BATTLE CRY + Ravager (if you're using this) > MORTAL STRIKE (If you use Bladestorm dont Mortal Strike) > Warbreaker > Mortal Strike

And keep refreshing Rend if needed.

Suppose no tier and in execute phase:

Let's say I execute, which resets CD and gives me a stack of executioners precision. In this situation, what is optimal?

Do I save CS for after my second execute such that I can CS into MS with 2 stacks of EP? Or do I CS literally everytime it procs, regardless of if am going to execute or MS?

Additionally, do I only ever MS with both shattered defenses and 2 stack EP, or can I MS with just 2 stack EP when cs doesn't proc?

Hopefully those questions made sense

Quote Originally Posted by Gokzhul View Post

Let's say I execute, which resets CD and gives me a stack of executioners precision. In this situation, what is optimal?

Do I save CS for after my second execute such that I can CS into MS with 2 stacks of EP? Or do I CS literally everytime it procs, regardless of if am going to execute or MS?

Additionally, do I only ever MS with both shattered defenses and 2 stack EP, or can I MS with just 2 stack EP when cs doesn't proc?

The only thing that keeps you from spamming Execute and keeping Mortal Strike on cooldown is your rage.
    The biggest benefit in Execute phases is that Colossus Smash costs no rage. Unless you are rage capping, using CS on cooldown should not be a DPS loss.
    Execute has no CD, so you are not wasting any DPS by using CS unless you are about to cap on rage, wich is unlikely but can happen with Opportunity Strikes talent.

The way Tactician works, there is no benefit to delaying Mortal Strike and waiting for CS. You should not delay MS for more than a single GCD, wich is usually either CS or Warbreaker.
    Tactician resets both Mortal Strike and Colossus Smash, so when you get CS proc you will always have a Mortal Strike ready.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Then, on execute phase...
    Colossus > Mortal > Execute?
    Colossus > Execute?

I'm new to arms warr (started today)

Quote Originally Posted by Gokzhul View Post

great questions and not yet answered.

so do we execute without CS and save the CS for the MS with 2 stacks EP or do we: execute --> CS proccs now --> CS --> execute --> MS probably without SD?

so basicially, save CS proccs for MS or just use them straight away for executes, even after the first execute

There is a sticky at the top of these forums that will answer your questions. several above are incorrect.

no it does not answer specific questions asked.

It absolutely does in the rotation section. You clearly didn't even look Kitaen.

1. MS on CD if there are no EP stacks on the target

Colossus Smash if no Shattered Defenses buff
    Rend if not applied (and talented)
    Execute if Ayala’s Stone Heart proc
    Mortal Strike if SD buff
    Mortal Strike if zero Executioner’s Precision debuffs
    Overpower if talented
    Rend if <2.4s remaining on debuff
    Cleave (if you have FoB talented, and don’t have Archavon’s Heavy Hand equipped)
    Slam (Or Whirlwind if FoB talented)

You can see it clearly states to US MS very high in prio as long as there are no EP stacks from Ayala or Execute phase.

2.Execute Rotation/Priority List:

Mortal Strike if you have x2 Executioner’s Precision and Shattered Defenses
    Colossus Smash if no SD
    Overpower if talented, and not going to ragecap
    Execute

Keep in mind that you still use Rend before Battle Cries even in Execute***

You use rend right before BC, and that's it in execute. You do not maintain rend in execute. You use CS on w/e your next strike is. Your ideal order is CS>EX>CS>EX>CS>MS repeat. In practice you will spam Execute and use CS on the next strike in line. IF you have 0 or 1 EP stacks, you'll CS>EX. If you have 2 EP stacks, you'll CS>MS.

CD rotation & Opener
    As always, you start the fight with Charge.
    Colossus Smash
    This is to put your main reset ability on cooldown, and as Rend costs rage, it might reset it with Tactician.
    Rend
    If you have it talented
    Battle Cry
    If you have tier 20 4p, this depends on if you have Bladestorm or Ravager. With Bladestorm, you should use it macroed with Battle Cry. With Ravager, you should use BC roughly half a GCD after Ravager and then continue your standard rotation.
    Without 4p you would ideally get a SD buff, macro BC with Mortal Strike, and continue your standard rotation.

Really, you should not be using Ravager these days. It's still personal choice, but if you're raiding and have any t21 tier bonuses you'll want to use Opportunity strikes. Basically its Charge>CS>Rend>MS>Normal rotation. you can save warbreaker for times when CS doesn't reset. Right now you are wasting a SD proc by charging>CS>Rend>BC>Warbreaker. CS and Warbreaker both cause SD and you should use MS between their use.