Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Priest Battle for Azeroth SUGGESTED Changes

New Spell: Vampiric Explosion
    2.2sc cast
    Apply Vampiric Touch to all enemies within 12 yards, but with one second less duration for each yard far away the enemy is located.
    Reason: Sustained AoE, no benefit from talent that applies Shadow Word.

Edit Spell: Mind Flay
    During void form, while channeling, you lose half the rate of insanity.
    Reason: With removal of artifact ability, new synergy for mind flay/void form and better flow in general.

Fun Suggestion:
    Shadow Incarnate
    During void form, if you stay above 50 insanity for 60 seconds, become Shadow Incarnate, allowing you to cast unlimited curses for 15 seconds and turns your next Mind Flay into Mind Incineration, which deals 760 damage times your current insanity
    Reason: Layer of flavour, sustained dps on long fights, Spell Transfirmation, doesn’t generate instanity itself which theoretically will act as a insanity consumer, unlikely to have too much insanity after 60 seconds of void form

Here's my suggestion:

Abandon Hope
    Channel, ~6 years (channel began with the MoP pre-patch)
    After years of hopelessly clinging to the idea that the game's developers would finally do something right with the Shadow specialization, you swallow your pride and roll something that isn't balanced by people who obviously aren't playing the game.

Deleted
    Give us Dragonsoul shadowpriest, never change it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Here's my suggestion:

Abandon Hope
    After years of hopelessly clinging to the idea that the game's developers would finally do something right with the Shadow specialization, you swallow your pride and roll something that isn't balanced by people who obviously aren't playing the game.
    This tbh. Rolling a spriest at lunch is just such a huge gamble that it ain't worth it. Theres only about 2 months before I get bored with all the content and theres no way I risk them by playing a spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Here's my suggestion:

Abandon Hope

After 9 years, what i thought i would ever ever do. Happened this this xpac
    Once ToS was released i finally made the switch to Hunter.
    I was spriest through and through, loving the class, the lore, fully invested.
    But the button mashing spec that is spriest is no fun.
    Lack of viable talents to play with & having no fun in dungeons saw me change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankess View Post
    This tbh. Rolling a spriest at lunch is just such a huge gamble that it ain't worth it. Theres only about 2 months before I get bored with all the content and theres no way I risk them by playing a spriest.
    It's not all that bad. You guys get 2-3 months of viability at the start of every expansion. And the current iteration is arguably the best it's ever been. I mean sure, the current version is a weird grab-bag of half-ideas and demonology ripoffs, but its supposedly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    and demonology ripoffs, but its supposedly fun.
    I wish they ripped off old Demonology more... Atleast that was well designed.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I wish they ripped off old Demonology more... Atleast that was well designed.
    I agree. Void form would be so much better if you could enter it and leave it at will and your abilities changed even a little.

Deleted
    Mind Sear passive reworked:

Deals significantly increased damage to targets not affected by any of your damage over time abilities. No longer requires Shadow Word: Pain on target.

Insanity:

Regenerates out of combat up to 50% maximum.

Shadow Crash:

Removes all dots from targets, deals extra damage for each dot removed.

Dominant Mind:

Cooldown reduced when controlling non-elite mob.

Misery:

Merges SWP and VT into one debuff.

Void Ray:

Allows instant mindblasts that don't interrupt casting on current target (aka old MW)

Masochism:

Replaced with Shadow Leap. Pulls you to target (old glyphed grip)
    Last edited by mmoc2de6819d9a; 2017-11-26 at 10:00 PM.

All I see is a super fun specc, and rewarding to play. If you go to warcraftlogs you will see that spriests are amazing. People are crying over nothing. And yes, I play shadow priest quite a bit.

IDK, I just want Cata Spriest back. I can't speak for MoP or Warlords but I just miss the Shadow Orb mechanic and spending them for a super DP dot. The whole voidform/insanity style just doesn't feel right with me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

remove voidform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    IDK, I just want Cata Spriest back. I can't speak for MoP or Warlords but I just miss the Shadow Orb mechanic and spending them for a super DP dot. The whole voidform/insanity style just doesn't feel right with me.
    What you want back is the MoP and WoD priest. In cataclysm we spent orbs on making mindblast and mindspike bigger. Your mastery defined how much of a buff you got (potentially making mind blast the hardest hitting ability in the game). For 15 seconds after dots were buffed by your mastery. Orbs were random and could ruin a pull if you did t get one quick.

That said, I adored the cata spriest play style.
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

I liked Cata the best too I think. I mean I actually like BC shadow the best, but that would be assuming mana and healing were still a thing, which they aren't. 3rd favorite iteration was WoD CoP play style, but based on the number of players who hated it, I'd say there's a snowball's chance in heck of that coming back...

In any case, if/when I do play again, it probably won't be with shadow anyway. I'm in the camp of players who don't like the high APM and rapid target switching play style.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    that is MoP/WoD you're talking about and that was the worst part of shadow. Cata was probably the best as it had a lot of interesting things to manage while keeping the basics simple, only downside really was the rng at pull. I would love to have something similar to it again but I'll take voidform over devouring plague being all our damage and everything else hitting like nothing any day of the week.

It's not like we really need that many changes, especially with us hopefully losing mass hysteria in next expansion making us not quite as reliant on ramp up, I'd be happy enough with just a way to apply dots in aoe(baseline shadowcrash that does it seems to be the best idea) and to have old mind sear back, perhaps old lingering insanity so we don't lose so much between pulls if you're not chain pulling.

I'm fine with most iterations as long as we have a floating voidform (even just as a visual glyph) as well as a dps toolkit that lets me enjoy ALL parts of wow aka st, nonconditional baseline aoe and multidotting.

I like the game play currently for the most part. The only thing I would change is for one addition.

Shadow Nova. Just like Holy Nova but Shadowy and baseline so I can solo old instances w/out having to pick-up shadow crash all the time.
    I click my spellbook.
    ---BfA Alpha Club---

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    Give us Dragonsoul shadowpriest, never change it again.
    This.

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Yanwu View Post
    I like the game play currently for the most part. The only thing I would change is for one addition.

Shadow Nova. Just like Holy Nova but Shadowy and baseline so I can solo old instances w/out having to pick-up shadow crash all the time.
    I agree. I've wanted this for quite some time. Imagine how awesome it would look with all the new void effects.

I've enjoyed all the iterations of shadow priest that I've played.

Is that ok? Sometimes I feel like this forum isn't for people that enjoy playing WoW. Sometimes I'm puzzled about why you're still playing if you don't enjoy it.