Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    I've enjoyed all the iterations of shadow priest that I've played.

Is that ok? Sometimes I feel like this forum isn't for people that enjoy playing WoW. Sometimes I'm puzzled about why you're still playing if you don't enjoy it.
    I'm not. /10
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

I know some people love it and I don't necessarily hate it, but I want void form gone or completely changed. The inconsistency is awful, far too sensitive to disruption, low quality of life and at the end of the day it doesn't even feel rewarding. And I know they will change it eventually, just like they have changed all other clunky spec mechanics ever, I just hope it won't take them 2 or more years to do so, like it did with druid eclipse bar and holy priest chakras.

They should replace Shadow Crash with something that gets rid of the whole voidform mechanic and gives us a more bursty playstyle. This talent should obviously be worse for sustain than voidform is, but at least it'd be good for soloing and trivial dungeons. Otherwise, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I feel shadow priest is fun and rewarding and it seems to be performing very well overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    All I see is a super fun specc, and rewarding to play. If you go to warcraftlogs you will see that spriests are amazing. People are crying over nothing. And yes, I play shadow priest quite a bit.
    They're amazing on bosses, yes. Enjoy being near the bottom anytime there's aoe unless your guild is either trash or you massively outgear the rest of your raid team (somehow).

And good fucking luck getting into a Mythic+ dungeon.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I think a lot depends on what they end up doing with the artifact traits, and if Void Torrent sticks around.

For instance, a idea for a alternate version of Surrender to Madness that is just a passive.

You may channel Mind Flay while moving.

When you cast Void Torrent, you summon a massive void tendril at your location that channels the spell for you.

Shadow Crash idea:

Each target hit by Shadow Crash triggers Call to the Void on that target, to a maximum of (x? maybe five?) targets.

Additionally, your void tendril's Mind Flay can trigger Mind Sear.

I would like Vamp Embrace and Vamp Touch to be supportive like in BC. Make Shadow Priests mana/heal batteries. Have their DPS converted into mana and health for the raid.

You'll ALWAYS have a spot then.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    They're amazing on bosses, yes. Enjoy being near the bottom anytime there's aoe unless your guild is either trash or you massively outgear the rest of your raid team (somehow).

And good fucking luck getting into a Mythic+ dungeon.
    Have you seen the m+ changes? Also spriests are pretty decent in +16-17 fortified. Where dmg really matters.

Can Vampiric Embrace be a passive that always heals everyone in your raid based on the damage you do again? Molten Core with the ocean of green numbers was neato.

Deleted
    Changes did nothing/nerfed the sustained cleave in high m+.

Priest needs big changes, current iteration is glorified turret with just enough dps to warrant entry to a raid.

If Shadow Crash is supposed to help with aoe make it actually fix the issue instead. Make shadow crash replace void blast or bring quasi non-dot spec back by making shadow crash eat dots.
    Last edited by mmoc2de6819d9a; 2017-12-01 at 11:39 PM.

I miss the purple combo point things to dump into devouring plague... then again I guess they messed all that up with the void stuff now and unholy is plague bound
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    I miss the purple combo point things to dump into devouring plague... then again I guess they messed all that up with the void stuff now and unholy is plague bound
    We still have vampiric spells that are heavily tied to the undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Changes did nothing/nerfed the sustained cleave in high m+.

Priest needs big changes, current iteration is glorified turret with just enough dps to warrant entry to a raid.

If Shadow Crash is supposed to help with aoe make it actually fix the issue instead. Make shadow crash replace void blast or bring quasi non-dot spec back by making shadow crash eat dots.
    if you do "just enough" dps to warrant entry to a raid. you are terrible at Shadow priest.

Anything that isn't legion spriest is fine by me. The novelty of this whole insanity and old god influences etc wears off rather quickly.

I kinda miss devouring plague wouldn't mind seeing thats come back.

Honestly, I really like the addition of voidform. However, one thing shadow truly needs is a reactive 'pause' for voidform. Fade might be a way to do this. It could allow a shadowpriest to give themselves a 2-3 second window where insanity drain and gain pauses, rather than having this linked to our only personal defensive.

The other big thing that could help shadow out is giving more abilities charges. Charges are a great way to give a class access to burst dps, but limit its effect on long term sustained damage. Giving abilities like Mind Blast and Shadow Crash multiple charges would allow the priest to increase dps in 5 man patterns of dps, while having a relatively small effect on long term dps in raids.

More tentacles into our spells would be nice.

Say, like a void tentacle that smacks our opponents, could be aoe, could be single target. Think Illaoi from League of Legends.

My quick list:

- Remove / heavily rework the Insanty system. Requiring a full (or high threshold) bar that resets everytime, always starting from the minimum damage of the curve is not fun and doesn't work in many of the game's contexts.
    - Remove Surrender to Madness, or rework it in a way that it's no longer the Surrender to Madness we all know.
    - More dots, less direct damage magey pew pew.
    - More old-gods based spells and visual effect. In legion we are mostly void machinegunning, power-crazed mages/locks with a random tentacle sprouting once in a while. We should make our enemies insane and meddle with their mind, not simply spellslinging a barrage of direct damage spells while becoming insane ourselves. I know that many players don't like the old gods lore/affiliation but I think that since devs decided so, they should show it with spells and visuals and not just say 'well you become insane so there's that' while making us mere void turrets. When the best 'fantasy/immersion' spell is Surrender to Madness in which you character barters his life for a short timed powerup (which also, I repeat myself, sounds very warlock-y), you know that something's wrong.
    - I never felt 'in control' since the rework, the character feels more like a sort of victim of his own power which can barely manage since it swings from building resource and fighting to "lose it, but not too fast please". I know that it can be rationalized with various explanations but it never felt good to me. In the worst case, StM, the character seems a weak puppet that has to beg for one final bargain (the original description of the spell was that you "surrender your soul to the old gods").
    - Fast dot spread and/or decent aoe. Not the best bursty aoe, just competitive even when mobs die in a matter of seconds.

Void Field - Target area is filled with void tendrils that grasp slow enemy movement speed by 50% and spread your Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain to all other enemies in the area.

Shadow has always been my main, Ive played it from Vanilla to Cata and then again from WoD to Legion.
    I regard WotLK was a particularly high point for shadow.
    It wasnt amazing, but the toolkit was all there.
    The only thing i wish we had was a DPS cooldown, something we still arguably lack today..

Here are my thoughts about shadow.

1. With the introduction of Mythic+ and thus the requirement for upfront damage, shadow has failed spectacularly, while im sure there are some other specs out there that have a tough time, it is nothing like shadow and while higher keys on fortified weeks is a bit of a safe haven, we still struggle to keep up with other DPS.
    This doesnt even address the manual input to actually play shadow, having to individually dot every single target individually is madness.

2. I dont believe any other DPS spec has the sheer intensity of a shadow priest maintaining voidform, those last 10-15 seconds of void form are simply not fair. Dont get me wrong, i do enjoy the rush shadow has right now, but a knowledgeable player should not have to struggle with their rotation mid encounter, something akin to calculus while moving out of the fire and dont forget to proc that sephuz.
    Whereas a mage just blinks WHILE CASTING, hits the buttons that light up and asks the question to themself 'does this dps cooldown do more damage now or later', what the hell was blizzard smoking when they thought this shit was okay?

3. Thematically, Shadow is great, that is all.

4. Our talent trees are utterly degenerate. The baseline shadow priest without any talents is essentially unplayable and unrecognisable.
    Trying to play shadow without LoTV, Mindbender and LI feels really wrong, not having ToF and Auspicious would be confounding.
    This isnt an argument of DPS potential, but how well the spec is designed, you cant make a spec with talents in mind because it'll eventually force everyone to play the same.
    Then look at another spec, pick the talents with unique abilities that you can avoid using or passives that dont change the baseline experience, its a very playable (albeit boring) experience, here are a few examples, if you happen to play these specs you'll understand;
    Arcane
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GZdh
    Enhance
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GbVe
    Marksman
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EqaO
    Boomkin
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#CeVt

TLDR; Spriest needs a rework and a shit ton of talents need to go baseline..... not to mention artifact traits.

I honestly love shadow in legion, Insanity is a fun mechanic but unfortunately it's very punishing if you don't execute properly.

7+ Year Old Account
    just give us a shadow version of holy nova that applies shadow word pain and generates insanity ffs