Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Would you watch an animated Warcraft series/anime/cartoon made by Blizzard?

Hello champions! Good to see you!

Recently I've watched the Warcraft movie again, and I love it, no matter what. It is a very fun movie with great visuals and fanservice.

That made me think: Would you watch an animated Warcraft series/anime/cartoon made by Blizzard? Maybe something like "Thrall Adventures" or something like that.

I'm well aware of the existance of the MoP and WoD animations (I love the WoD ones, but fuck WoD) - episodes would be something like that, but for 20 minutes each and, of course, fully animated, like Castlevania on Netflix.

Would you watch it, or would you pass it?

Definitely, animated series is much better platform for Warcraft lore than movies.

Since they already confirmed Hearthstone is sort of getting one in the form of animated shorts then its not even a hypothesis, its already confirmed.

Animated shorts/comics and more will be centered around Hearthstone, which is tied to the WoW universe so, warcraft is getting an animated series, just not the kind I expected it to.

Overwatch would make for a better animated series mind you, or movies.

Yea but it will have to be its own series or spin-off because its almost impossible to follow the acctual lore with all the complications and retcons in every patch

Will definitely watch it. Definitely won't watch it if it's done for hearthstone.

No poll? /cry

OT Yes.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it's not anime-stylized. I'd prefer it closer to the Lord of the Clans trailer.

edit: It would look amazing if it were like Castlevania.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-26 at 12:35 PM.

As long as it's not made by Disney.

Would there be boobs?

Deleted
    Yes I would

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes I would

Seeing their style for OW and WoW, I would welcome more series to settle the lore instead of a fragmented alternate lore story of a movie.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Who do I throw money at to make this happen?

On a serious note, looking at Blizzard's ability to tell a story outside of the games, I think this would be amazing. It would be a great way to bridge expansions, patches, retell old stories, tell random stories...what ever they felt like. I would even be ok if they didn't come out with regular episodes. Just come out with something when it was fitting to do so.

I would.

I also wait for the Overwatch TV-Series.....NETFLIX DO SOMEHTING!!! XD

Anime is weird and cringey as hell. I wouldn't mind a Warcraft mini series though.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, particularly if it's in the same style as their games' cinematic intros.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really had wished the warcraft movie was animated
    and was of the arthas story
    woulda been so much, SO MUCH better...
    sadly with how little money it madei doubt they will try to make another...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'd watch a Warcraft animated series (i.e. "big" stories), but not a WoW animated series (with a bunch of random nobodies fooling around doing menial tasks).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    That made me think: Would you watch an animated Warcraft series/anime/cartoon made by Blizzard? Maybe something like "Thrall Adventures" or something like that.

Would you watch it, or would you pass it?
    There was a crude series of animations on some youtube channel a while back, it was very popular, I think blizzard got them to do a promo for the start of wod. It wasn't very good frankly relative to the standard to much of the excellent amateur animation you see on youtube, it was still very successful.

So, a professionally made animation would do really well.

7+ Year Old Account
    1000% even if it was bad.