Azerite gear question

Does anyone know if the Head, Shoulders and Chest will always have the same rings to unlock. Or will dungeon gear have different rings than raid 1 and raid 2 and so on?

Basicly trying to figure out if the only thing that will mean anything with those slots is ilvl or if we will have some choice.

if i am not wrong they said that every piece of gear will be handcrafted (mean no random bonuses, but the ones wich blizz choose for that piece of gear) and raid will have different choices than dungeon and dungeons will have different too

ED: yeah found it http://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog...l-transcript/3

Any time you load Azeroth you make your character stronger. If you try a new item on, you have no progression setback whatsoever. You will always be moving forward. Now, I know what you are thinking: “This sounds like a lot of, randomness.” That’s not true. Each of these items has a unique handcrafted layout, and it is the same every single time you see the item.
    Last edited by Zorish; 2017-11-27 at 12:03 PM.

Yep after all the raiders voiced concerns that the removal of set bonuses would lead to people not raiding(Mythic+ basically gives same gear quality) the devs then stated in an interview that Raid gear would have unique Azerite gear options that you cannot get elsewhere.

Thus, raiding is still relevant and "likely" more rewarding in general.

I think each individual piece of Azerite Gear will have unique rings, not that every slot will have the same ring, or did I get that wrong?

So Shoulder A from the first boss will have different rings than Shoulder B from the third.

So you have "hat" and "cap" both drop from different dungeons. The normal, heroic, mythic, mythic+ versions of Hat will have the same same traits in its rings. Cap will have a different set of rings, but every version of Cap will have the same rings.

On the state of unlocking, they said they're still toying with it. They want getting higher levels for the neck piece to be exciting throughout the entire expansion. They talked about MAYBE having higher levels needed for higher ilvls. Now does that mean that normal and heroic versions will need different levels? Maybe. It does mean that each raid will need more and more levels. If they go through with this plan, which I think they will.

Thanks for getting me straight. Looks like i wont just be running the short M+ dungeons only next xpac

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I think each individual piece of Azerite Gear will have unique rings, not that every slot will have the same ring, or did I get that wrong?

So Shoulder A from the first boss will have different rings than Shoulder B from the third.
    Not necessarily if you think about raiding. They will have same bonuses on all gear that is accuired from raiding. But those bonuses will change from tier to tier.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Thanks for getting me straight. Looks like i wont just be running the short M+ dungeons only next xpac
    Unless they reduce the baseline iLvl you can get with a maximum M+ run, it will still be a good source for the other slots.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Nope, you will be running only the one that drops the piece with the best traits instead (and let's face it, there will be a piece with the best traits and it probably won't always be from raids)

Handcrafted huh? So they want to say that for one plate chest there will be 9 different handcrafted rings?And this is only for one individual piece of gear, one slot and one type of gear. Lets say from Raid A we have only 1 chest in loot table for all classes which is transformed into your type of gear when you receive it ->36 different handcrafted rings.
    1 chest 1 head 1 shoulder -> 108 different handcrafted rings?really?

well - it will be more control over balancing this pieces than whole "random" thing with crucible and traits. we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Nope, you will be running only the one that drops the piece with the best traits instead (and let's face it, there will be a piece with the best traits and it probably won't always be from raids)
    But enough to over come the lesser ilvl? Remember there's 0 chance of warforge on these pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    But enough to over come the lesser ilvl? Remember there's 0 chance of warforge on these pieces.
    The traits will be mix between tier/legendary/artifact abilities. There were multiple classes that wore 2pc T19 despite pretty heavy nerfs (and lower ilvl) well into ToS. Artifact traits had outliers that were worth up to 5 actual weapon ilvls (not relic ilvl). I'd love to think they will be able to balance it, but blizz had shown us multiple times they can't balance everything and there is always couple of broken things.

Does anyone know if the Head, Shoulders and Chest will always have the same rings to unlock. Or will dungeon gear have different rings than raid 1 and raid 2 and so on?

Basicly trying to figure out if the only thing that will mean anything with those slots is ilvl or if we will have some choice.
    to answer what I think you're asking, raid gear will be better from what they said. They said something along the lines of gear can have the same name, but there will be different ranks of the talents from the gear and Mythic raid gear will be the best traits in said slots. So Mythic will be better than Heroic and Heroic will be better than Normal. To make matters better(or worse depending on how you look at it) the slots being used for Azunite gear will not be able to warforge or titanforge.