Thread: Fury BFA Beta

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Fury BFA Beta

How can blizzard trash a spec so hard, and not have any plans to fix it...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinal0ne View Post
    How can blizzard trash a spec so hard, and not have any plans to fix it...
    Pfft, it's looking in a better state for Legion than Gladiator spec...

stop crying so hard. its obvious that most of you dont know how to play a warrior imo.

Its called scaling and its Not even out of BETA.. even if it went live, its okay, gear scales. Arms is doing better but Fury is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Arms is doing better but Fury is okay.
    Arms is a rage starved mess from my experience. Fury felt OK. I havent tested new Prot, but I like the idea of Ignore pain going away.

As long as you dont take all the CD talents it'll be fine. just because some streamer said "watch me press 6 buttons and whine" doesn't mean thats how the spec is supposed to play. The only problem I still have is the lackluster outside of the Recklessness window. Thats the whole reason you needed to stack CDs in legion anyway. You'd do piss poor damage outside of it. If they brought that up (its seriously just some numbers tweaking) then fury will be fine. Gear scaling will feel different because of the changes to damage calculation but it just need tweaking, not an overhaul.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Arms is a rage starved mess from my experience. Fury felt OK. I havent tested new Prot, but I like the idea of Ignore pain going away.
    They put Ignore Pain as a cheap 'Bolster' - remember its all about armor in BfA, so having 2 charges of shield block, plus arganite (sp) thunderclap +3 bubble, plus 40% bolster (its like ironfur) - seems bad from what we are used to but actually its pretty nice. I just dont like it as a talent because why wouldnt you take bolster!

Ignore Pain was/is to powerful, it needed to go to be brought on the same level as the other tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    As long as you dont take all the CD talents it'll be fine. just because some streamer said "watch me press 6 buttons and whine" doesn't mean thats how the spec is supposed to play. The only problem I still have is the lackluster outside of the Recklessness window. Thats the whole reason you needed to stack CDs in legion anyway. You'd do piss poor damage outside of it. If they brought that up (its seriously just some numbers tweaking) then fury will be fine. Gear scaling will feel different because of the changes to damage calculation but it just need tweaking, not an overhaul.
    I mean the gif is a meme but the spec does have some serious problems outside of damage tuning that desperately needs to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

People have reasons to complain. It is obvious that Blizzard tuned Fury in PVP by taking into account their stacking abilities. Fury is all about doing insane unstoppable burst every 1min. To make up for the GCD, blizzard made the duration of some CDs last longer or increased damage of some abilities. But it is far from being as good. Now, when you pop all your cooldowns, your character is just standing there screaming 3 times for 3 seconds and becoming huge and silver and red.. Now PVP players have 3secs to pop a defensive of CC you because you dont have an unstoppable burst anymore. Also, even if they increase the steady dps of Fury by 30% it would not be as viable in PVP.

They put Ignore Pain as a cheap 'Bolster' - remember its all about armor in BfA, so having 2 charges of shield block, plus arganite (sp) thunderclap +3 bubble, plus 40% bolster (its like ironfur) - seems bad from what we are used to but actually its pretty nice. I just dont like it as a talent because why wouldnt you take bolster!

Ignore Pain was/is to powerful, it needed to go to be brought on the same level as the other tanks.
    Pretty strange to see someone actually liking prot war in its current state. It's in need of a ability as of rigjt now. We are having way to much rage to spend on nothing besides dumping it into revenge. Tbh we are missing an AM and the way SB is working.....meh. Currently prot feels boring and rigid af atm. It's making me want to main my rogue this time around.
    Last edited by Scornedfury; 2018-05-15 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    KPretty strange to see someone actually liking prot war in its current state. It's in need of a ability as of rigjt now. We are having way to much rage to spend on nothing besides dumping it into revenge. Tbh we are missing an AM and the way SB is working.....meh. Currently prot feels boring and rigid af atm. It's making me want to main my rogue this time around.
    Oh you will have about mid-rage constant if you play it right, I went devastator, its slow and wanted a chance for bash, but with stuff hitting hard you are always spending on blocks and/or bolster and revenge. If you have too much rage, then over geared for that dungeon, which I highly doubt - numbers still arent tuned. But if they keep bolster the way it is warriors are fine - its basically a druids ironfur, and takes half our rage it seems. I mean every tank is getting hit like a truck, we can no longer bullrush (no pun intended) our way through and take on 10+ trash mobs just by thunderclapping and afkin'...

But with that being said, I agree its missing something, even without devastator seems like i need something to push. I found myself mid rage with devastator than without, which was weird. The gameplay is the same, just think of bolster as ignore pain, and pray a boss doesnt hit you hard to find yourself on a global.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    People have reasons to complain. It is obvious that Blizzard tuned Fury in PVP by taking into account their stacking abilities. Fury is all about doing insane unstoppable burst every 1min. To make up for the GCD, blizzard made the duration of some CDs last longer or increased damage of some abilities. But it is far from being as good. Now, when you pop all your cooldowns, your character is just standing there screaming 3 times for 3 seconds and becoming huge and silver and red.. Now PVP players have 3secs to pop a defensive of CC you because you dont have an unstoppable burst anymore. Also, even if they increase the steady dps of Fury by 30% it would not be as viable in PVP.
    maybe they dont want unstoppable wrecking balls in pvp anymore. maybe you have to use your cds with some thought instead of "pop them on cd and wreck 1-2 people then get mobbed"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I mean the gif is a meme but the spec does have some serious problems outside of damage tuning that desperately needs to be addressed.
    what problems specifically? the problems it has is the insane number of damage modifying CD talents, frontloading of damage (from the cd stacking) and lackluster performance outside of that CD window. I think tuning the damage numbers outside of the burst window will fix the problems that were present in legion but solved by CD stacking. CD stacking wasnt a very interesting way to play to begin with. I literally have ALL of my CDs in a single macro, including racial, trinket and shadow damage ring. Its not engaging play for those items and abilities, i use them on cooldown together pretty much every time because otherwise i'd have 7 buttons to push to make my damage meaningful before actual using my damaging abilities. Blizz needs to shift fury AWAY from major CD usage to be competitive and just make CD usage meaningful (burst windows on bosses, etc) and FUN. It should be fun to use my major cds, not rotational.
    Last edited by BossManRoth; 2018-05-15 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what problems specifically? the problems it has is the insane number of damage modifying CD talents, frontloading of damage (from the cd stacking) and lackluster performance outside of that CD window. I think tuning the damage numbers outside of the burst window will fix the problems that were present in legion but solved by CD stacking. CD stacking wasnt a very interesting way to play to begin with. I literally have ALL of my CDs in a single macro, including racial, trinket and shadow damage ring. Its not engaging play for those items and abilities, i use them on cooldown together pretty much every time because otherwise i'd have 7 buttons to push to make my damage meaningful before actual using my damaging abilities. Blizz needs to shift fury AWAY from major CD usage to be competitive and just make CD usage meaningful (burst windows on bosses, etc) and FUN. It should be fun to use my major cds, not rotational.
    Okay:

1. Again, damage tuning isn't an issue yet and is something that will be addressed for everybody later on in the beta. Nobody is even close to being properly tuned damage wise. What you're asking for won't happen anyways though, because Fury has always been a bursty class. It is more of an issue during this current Legion/BfA iteration because our burst window happens so often compared to previous ones - BC is the problem child and will continue to be the problem until we get a new iteration of Fury.

2. Yes, CDs should be meaningful and fun. They're still not right now after the fact that you can't macro stuff together anymore. Our cooldowns are what make the class feel awful and it's the biggest problem that the spec has that needs to be addressed, Blizzard's band-aid fix of extra uptime on BC from RA and baseline is a pathetic way to fix the ability, and Blizzard's "fix" to Bloodbath by making it do initial damage just makes it feel worse than it did prior to the change. Why? Because you're going to want to use it now while both in a BC window, and while enraged.

That's not to say that Bloodbath will for sure be a choice by the time the game launches, but if it comes down to using it, it'll feel not only bad, but just awkward with the ~3 seconds of buff uptime lost just from pressing BC and BB. It doesn't help that BC just feels bad and unrewarding in general right now, too. So yes, CDs should be meaningful and fun, and Fury does not set out to achieve that with any of that right now, including with Avatar.

3. Rotationally, Fury is mostly fine but we do suffer from slight rage issues with the loss of our artifact and from the first and/or second rage legendaries. And speaking of the loss of our artifact, the spec is still mostly tuned mechanically around having one.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-05-15 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Okay:

1. Again, damage tuning isn't an issue yet and is something that will be addressed for everybody later on in the beta. Nobody is even close to being properly tuned damage wise. What you're asking for won't happen anyways though, because Fury has always been a bursty class. It is more of an issue during this current Legion/BfA iteration because our burst window happens so often compared to previous ones - BC is the problem child and will continue to be the problem until we get a new iteration of Fury.

2. Yes, CDs should be meaningful and fun. They're still not right now after the fact that you can't macro stuff together anymore. Our cooldowns are what make the class feel awful and it's the biggest problem that the spec has that needs to be addressed, Blizzard's band-aid fix of extra uptime on BC from RA and baseline is a pathetic way to fix the ability, and Blizzard's "fix" to Bloodbath by making it do initial damage just makes it feel worse than it did prior to the change. Why? Because you're going to want to use it now while both in a BC window, and while enraged.

That's not to say that Bloodbath will for sure be a choice by the time the game launches, but if it comes down to using it, it'll feel not only bad, but just awkward with the ~3 seconds of buff uptime lost just from pressing BC and BB. It doesn't help that BC just feels bad and unrewarding in general right now, too. So yes, CDs should be meaningful and fun, and Fury does not set out to achieve that with any of that right now, including with Avatar.

3. Rotationally, Fury is mostly fine but we do suffer from slight rage issues with the loss of our artifact and from the first and/or second rage legendaries. And speaking of the loss of our artifact, the spec is still mostly tuned mechanically around having one.
    so what i said but laid out more fully. and these are issues from legion that were bandaided with our artifact and cd stacking. fury has been designed poorly since before legion, and we are just now seeing that poor design again because the bandaids are being ripped off. we dont need to have all of our cds off the gcd, we need to be tuned better outside of burst windows.
    Last edited by BossManRoth; 2018-05-16 at 01:26 AM.

Oh you will have about mid-rage constant if you play it right, I went devastator, its slow and wanted a chance for bash, but with stuff hitting hard you are always spending on blocks and/or bolster and revenge. If you have too much rage, then over geared for that dungeon, which I highly doubt - numbers still arent tuned. But if they keep bolster the way it is warriors are fine - its basically a druids ironfur, and takes half our rage it seems. I mean every tank is getting hit like a truck, we can no longer bullrush (no pun intended) our way through and take on 10+ trash mobs just by thunderclapping and afkin'...

But with that being said, I agree its missing something, even without devastator seems like i need something to push. I found myself mid rage with devastator than without, which was weird. The gameplay is the same, just think of bolster as ignore pain, and pray a boss doesnt hit you hard to find yourself on a global.
    Hey I'm by no means one of those guys that are saying it's not playable, but really think about how things are going for prot war. I swear it's like they don't know what to do and I get the feeling they are up in the air about how they want them to play. I'm totally agree with it being good we aren't face rolling trash mobs which is fine but there's something missing for sure. You shouldn't be kiting trash mobs because youre almost dying and you have all your AM up and the only thing you can spend your rage on is revenge. I'm not trying to be negative, trust me I want to play my war and I've been defending blizz up until this point, but it strikes me as they are willing to keep its current state because we are at a slightly below middle ground and they'll have something to work with when bfa drops and prot wars are at the bottom of the pack. Then we get something like over powered IP again, which then gets nerfed and the cycle continues. Idk as far as I can tell, the tanking between war, druid, dk and pally, war is clearly needing more help.

Prolly still going to main my war because I'm a masochistic. Lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I like the idea of Ignore pain going away.
    And it's back.

Deleted
    RIP Fury warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Selene95 View Post
    RIP Fury warriors
    Fury is fine. Arms is outperforming and will be tuned. And this isnt the end of the world, they brought back IP. warriors should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    And it's back.
    Saw that and moved my warrior down a notch on the "new-main" list....

Fury will be good once again