Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The armory API doesn't import crucible data; use the in-game addon.
    Thanks for the reply, Archimtiros. One more question I've wondered about for a while but could never find an answer to. Is there a good way to sim stat weights while using the War Machine talent? I have always just simmed with Endless Rage and called it good enough, but I wonder if it is skewing the weights.

Thanks again.

Deleted
    Even with no haste whatsoever you should have no problem doing this. Enrage lasts 4s, Rampage GCD is 1.5, RB GCD is 1.5(*haste), that's a maximum of 3s by the time you press RB a second time, or 1s left on Enrage.

If your latency is so high that you're losing that much time, you need to get off dial-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRakan View Post
    Are you including the non crit BT after rampage to fit 2 RB?
    This #10char

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    I've noticed my damage is real lackluster because my itemization is out of whack while im trying to gear in Antorus... my haste is super high and mastery not very high. Considering enchanting/gemming mastery until it levels back out. Unbuffed im at like 35.6% haste and 42% mastery with haste being even higher if i use haste/STr ST trink from ToS... going to have to take a look at my gear.. or maybe swap back to 4P T20 until i get more Antorus gear.
    Outside of heavy crit pieces, ilevel will almost always trump itemization, since the extra raw stats make up for the worse scaling. SotB favors Mastery more so than T21, but just because Mastery overtakes Haste doesn't mean haste is bad.

In other words, no, don't swap back to T20, just keep gearing up and let your gear even out over time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by r3xj View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Archimtiros. One more question I've wondered about for a while but could never find an answer to. Is there a good way to sim stat weights while using the War Machine talent? I have always just simmed with Endless Rage and called it good enough, but I wonder if it is skewing the weights.

Thanks again.
    Either use simulations in which adds die, or manually bump your Haste by 30%(ish). Really though, neither talent affects stats weights significantly, and WM isn't up often enough in Antorus to be a constant factor. The only place WM is a constant is constant AoE/M+, in which you already favor Mastery over Haste anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    This #10char
    You only need ~21-2% haste to fit 4 GCDs into Enrage.

Got my 4pc and I think I hate the ring build even more than I thought I would. Also don't have the mastery to make it really shine (sitting at 33% haste 59% mast) so I barely do more damage than with T20 gear. Tried Carnage and it just doesn't seem competitive either. Sigh. I hate being so dependant on execute phase and doing absolutely shit dps out of BC.

Over 40 boss kills and got my 1st tier piece, when I get 2 piece should I go 2T21 + 2T20 and just change IR to BB?

@Archimtiros
    Please help me in this issue:

The guide specifies the following rotation outside of BC:

Rampage (100 rage) > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Furious Slash

My question is about the situation when i have last gcd during Enrage.
    Enrage will go off after couple of seconds, remaining 1 gcd. And i have to decide what i ll press now. There is no rage to press Rampage.
    So, i have a choice, press BT or RB at that moment.

According to the guide I must press the priority of BT.
    If this BT will crit, okay no questions.

But often it turns out that BT is NOT criit ! At next gcd Enrage goes down, and RB is no longer available! Therefore, it remains to continue to press the FS
    So, it turns out that i played "BT->FS".

And if I would pressed RB first and then BT - it would be much better! "RB->BT" is better than "BT->FS"? Isn't it?

So, is it more profit at LAST GCD of Enrage outside BC, switch our priorities to RB>BT ?

What can you say about it, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Got my 4pc and I think I hate the ring build even more than I thought I would. Also don't have the mastery to make it really shine (sitting at 33% haste 59% mast) so I barely do more damage than with T20 gear. Tried Carnage and it just doesn't seem competitive either. Sigh. I hate being so dependant on execute phase and doing absolutely shit dps out of BC.
    59 is pretty high, a lot more than most players have coming into Antorus. If you're barely doing more damage than with T20, I think your problems are either with timing or rotational, but damage is going to be concentrated into BC and Execute.

You can mitigate that by using Helm instead of the Ring, which is a very competitive setup, but you're still going to have damage concentrated in BC and Execute regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mux View Post
    @Archimtiros
    Please help me in this issue:

The guide specifies the following rotation outside of BC:

Rampage (100 rage) > Bloodthirst > Raging Blow > Furious Slash
    This is a priority list, not a rotation, as described at the top of the Rotations section in the guide.

Meaning you follow this order of priority when deciding what button to press:
    1. If you have 100 rage, use Rampage
    2. If you cannot, use Bloodthirst
    3. If you cannot, use Raging Blow
    4. If you cannot, use Furious Slash

For the broader question, can you use RB over BT in the last GCD of Enrage? You could, but it's not any better to do so.

There are a few reason for that:
    1. Bloodthirst can crit, and you have no way of knowing whether or not it will.
    2. Bloodthirst does slightly more damage than Raging Blow, so it's more efficient to make sure that damage benefits from Enrage.
    3. Delaying Bloodthirst 1 GCD costs avg 3.3 rage, while an extra Raging Blow generates 5 rage.
    4. Bloodthirst can proc Oathblood, which deals roughly double damage, generates double rage, and proc Enrage (technically triple or even quadruple, but statistically unlikely).

While it looks like prioritizing Raging Blow should generate very slightly higher rage, the overall gain is equalized by the loss of Oathblood and Enrage procs. If you want to see it in terms of simulations, it's an extremely minor loss:

target error 0.05%

Mostly because it just doesn't happen all that often (net change -5 Bloodthirsts, +5 Raging Blows) in the first place. There's also something to be said for the fact that the simple prioritization of BT > RB is simpler than RB (if Enrage remains < GCD) > BT > RB.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Over 40 boss kills and got my 1st tier piece, when I get 2 piece should I go 2T21 + 2T20 and just change IR to BB?
    I'm not sure if you should keep IR with only 2 pieces of T20, it's mainly a 4pc T20 talent. Perhaps until you get 4pc T21 you should rock with 4pc T20 + 2pc T21 and use legendary rings? I haven't simmed that myself and not sure it's even viable, and I certainly don't know if using BB would be of any benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demandred View Post
    I'm not sure if you should keep IR with only 2 pieces of T20, it's mainly a 4pc T20 talent. Perhaps until you get 4pc T21 you should rock with 4pc T20 + 2pc T21 and use legendary rings? I haven't simmed that myself and not sure it's even viable, and I certainly don't know if using BB would be of any benefit.
    I'm in the same scenario as him. It was an increase though not large to swap to 2P T20 + 2P T21. I mainly swapped because obv thats what we are going to be using eventually so might as well perfect the new rotation. I must say with SOTB, execute phase feels so much better. That should have been the execute rotation from the get go in legion without a lego.

59 is pretty high, a lot more than most players have coming into Antorus. If you're barely doing more damage than with T20, I think your problems are either with timing or rotational, but damage is going to be concentrated into BC and Execute.

You can mitigate that by using Helm instead of the Ring, which is a very competitive setup, but you're still going to have damage concentrated in BC and Execute regardless.
    Yeah, since writing that I had some great performances on Coven, Aggramar and Argus due to a solid execute phase. My tests of Carnage + helm + pants on Imonar and Kin'garoth, however, were less than impressive, even if I think it's partly due to that build having an even worse execute phase than Inner Rage.

I'm going to get used to it, I suppose, but I'll miss Inner Rage that's for sure. Target switching feels pretty bad unless you can get a Charge off so you're not rage starved.

RE: Execute Phase with SotB(Massacre)

When is the optimal time to use BC? When you have no rage or when you are not enraged?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Seven View Post
    RE: Execute Phase with SotB(Massacre)

When is the optimal time to use BC? When you have no rage or when you are not enraged?
    I use it on cooldown as you want as many as you can get in the execute phase. I typically pop it right as i use a free rampage and hammer the shit out of some executes and then enrage again and do the same.

I use it on cooldown as you want as many as you can get in the execute phase. I typically pop it right as i use a free rampage and hammer the shit out of some executes and then enrage again and do the same.
    Thank You! I keep forgetting that the last 2 rampage hits are the big ones.

This, though you need to be cognizant of timing for max effectiveness. Ideally you use BC at the start of Execute, on cooldown in the middle, and save your last BC for the very end of the fight to capitalize on Juggernaut stacks.

Why is umbral warglaives no longer one of the best trinks of similar ilvl? Is it the nature of the Antorus bosses (more ST than multi target)? Seriously debating trading it in for one of my other trinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Why is umbral warglaives no longer one of the best trinks of similar ilvl? Is it the nature of the Antorus bosses (more ST than multi target)? Seriously debating trading it in for one of my other trinks.
    Strictly speaking it still is one of the better trinkets, there are just more, better, trinkets out of Antorus, so it's in a lower relative position.

This, though you need to be cognizant of timing for max effectiveness. Ideally you use BC at the start of Execute, on cooldown in the middle, and save your last BC for the very end of the fight to capitalize on Juggernaut stacks.
    Yeah, I had issues with that. My raid's DPS is high enough that I barely get two BCs per Execute phase. Once I only got one off on the dogs. But getting a BC when the boss is at 4-5% does mean an absurd DPS spike which is one of the saving graces of T21 Fury.

In general I seem to really feel the latest nerf to Concordance. I never seemed to lack for BC uptime before but now I miss it at the worst time. Not having it back as the adds spawn on High Command is also terrible as it puts you behind for the rest of the fight, potentially.

Hi, I am not completely satisfied with my dps and I am wondering if any experts here could take a look at my logs. I just recently got 4pc and have switched to the Bloodbath build. I think a few things that I have still not perfected is prioritizing BT over RB, and hitting a 2nd Rampage ASAP during BC and not waiting for 100 rage. I am doing better with hitting Rampage right before BC.

I am also not completely sure when I should use spec War Machine (aside from obvious portal keeper, eonar, high command), i.e. we killed heroic Aggramar and Argus and I was spec'd War Machine, but we don't kill the little adds in H. Aggramar, so only the 2 big ones, and Argus it only seems helpful during P3 when we found the hardest part was simply the dps race in P4, and I am not sure it procs off the Reorigination Orbs, which I hardly touched anyway. Maybe Endless Rage would matter more for higher dps in P4?

If this is the wrong place to ask about log review, I apologize. Thanks in advance.

Ah, since this is my first post, I can't link the logs yet, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustadbaba View Post
    Hi, I am not completely satisfied with my dps and I am wondering if any experts here could take a look at my logs. I just recently got 4pc and have switched to the Bloodbath build. I think a few things that I have still not perfected is prioritizing BT over RB, and hitting a 2nd Rampage ASAP during BC and not waiting for 100 rage. I am doing better with hitting Rampage right before BC.

I am also not completely sure when I should use spec War Machine (aside from obvious portal keeper, eonar, high command), i.e. we killed heroic Aggramar and Argus and I was spec'd War Machine, but we don't kill the little adds in H. Aggramar, so only the 2 big ones, and Argus it only seems helpful during P3 when we found the hardest part was simply the dps race in P4, and I am not sure it procs off the Reorigination Orbs, which I hardly touched anyway. Maybe Endless Rage would matter more for higher dps in P4?

If this is the wrong place to ask about log review, I apologize. Thanks in advance.

Ah, since this is my first post, I can't link the logs yet, sorry.
    The new rotation does take some getting used to that's for sure. Do keep in mind doing good DPS relies a lot on having a good execute phase; before execute the T21 build performs poorly. That means you might see a somewhat high variance in DPS in between pulls depending on how much you can stay glued to the boss, how well Convergence procs during execute, how well you use your BCs, etc.

I only use War Machine on the encounters you describe. All others don't have adds up nearly often enough to truly make it shine, plus 1) Haste is not nearly as valuable as it was with T20 even if by no means a bad stat and 2) Endless Rage can be very useful to limit the dry spells in between Battle Cries. One could perhaps make a case for Kin'garoth since you kill 3 if not 4 sets of adds most of the time, but even then I think the Haste after a kill is secondary to Endless Rage giving you a bit more DPS on the adds while they are debuffed. It doesn't seem to proc when adds are gripped on Aggramar so that's a no go, and for Argus you will spend 80% of the fight not touching adds so it's not worth. So basically I spec Endless Rage when we do worldbreaker and doggies, respec to WM for the next 3, then back to ER for the entire rest of the instance.

The only problem I have is when I press bt, rampage and bt is still on cd