Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Also... 36/36 now B*****s
    Grats! I hope to knock off Shadow and Arcane for sure this next go-round (I'm in NA...), then I want to try the healing one. My only really geared healer with any Legendaries is Shaman, which is sort of a shame because that appearance is IMO way worse than the Free/Hidden one you get for 200 WQs completed. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    Debating to do the ret and maybe thinking of doing the arms challenge, but not sure tbh....
    FWIW, Ret is one of the easier ones if you have any sort of decent Legendaries and/or 930+ gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I hope Blizzard adds more of these challenges in the future. It increased the drought's longevity by 4 months for me, which is impressive.
    I wish they added more challenges that were within a certain power level/timeframe. Doing these challenges at 930+ ilvl and with a fully unlocked artifact isn't exactly challenging.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Grats! I hope to knock off Shadow and Arcane for sure this next go-round (I'm in NA...), then I want to try the healing one. My only really geared healer with any Legendaries is Shaman, which is sort of a shame because that appearance is IMO way worse than the Free/Hidden one you get for 200 WQs completed. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, Ret is one of the easier ones if you have any sort of decent Legendaries and/or 930+ gear.
    I have the avenging wrath belt and just recently the class ring legendary, and at 947 ilvl.

not sure if the fight is a bit easier tho.... not sure which talents I should go for before the fight.

Just... 9... specs... left...

@_______@

Had blizz just left the NPC up all the time i think i could prolly get at least 20 before its removed.

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    I have the avenging wrath belt and just recently the class ring legendary, and at 947 ilvl.

not sure if the fight is a bit easier tho.... not sure which talents I should go for before the fight.
    Gods, at 947 im not even sure it matters. Just read a guide about how to counter the mechanics. You'll stomp it.

The _only_ hiccup is, if one of your Netherlight traits is the DoT (Sorrow?) that can actually screw you over because it can cause Sigryn to un-Repentance and resume casting her Blood of the Father ability. This is why I had so much trouble with this fight (I think...) the first round I tried it.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2018-05-09 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Just spec for Cleave and read a guide about how to counter the mechanics.
    Tbh careful about "speccing for cleave" I regretted speccing into judgement cleave because it kept breaking repentance. You don't even need cleave, just tunnel the caster guy and repentance sigryn when needed / slow & stun the berserker guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Just... 9... specs... left...

@_______@
    Same! I'll never get all 36; I don't even have the Holy Priest artifact and have never played the spec. But thats okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh careful about "speccing for cleave" I regretted speccing into judgement cleave because it kept breaking repentance. You don't even need cleave, just tunnel the caster guy and repentance sigryn when needed / slow & stun the berserker guy.
    You're definitely right. I'll edit that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do any you like, ask for help if you need it. It's fairly fun and I think people have been very helpful in this thread. Ret and arms certainly are among the easier ones so they'd be a good start.
    I will 100% agree on that Ret one, WOW - I did it at like 929ilvl, and I literally destroyed that encounter before they could even get going (the whole encounter), was pretty LOL

I have 964 equipped on my Rat spec now.. wish I could go back in to see how insane it would be now

I have an arms warrior, I really should try it out if it's easy (alts aren't geared that well so)

So far this mage tower, i've gone from 16 to 29 challenges.

all the dps challenges is now complete, and i just need guardian druid and brewmaster monk for the tank challenges. stuck at druid atm, but not sure hw much time i'll be able to play tomorrow.

So far, the easiest and hardest for each challenge:

Agatha: easiest: Elemental shaman, that artifact abillity is a beast in this challenge. Hardest: Fury warrior, probaby mainly because of the increased healtpool.

Xylem: Easiest: Survival hunter by far. Hardest: Sub rogue. A bit of a pussle to deal with the adds in phase 2

Sigryn: Easiest: Enhancement shaman. All the right tools for the job. Hardest: Arcane mage, especially without propper defensive legendaries.

Twins: Easiest: MM hunter, without a doubt. Hardest: Frost mage, but might be because i never played the spec before this challenge.

Tugar: Easiest: Windwalker monk by a mile. Hardest: BM hunter.

Kruul: Easiest: Blood DK, no competition. Hardest: Vengeance or Druid. No idea why people say vengeance is the easiest, so far, it's the one that took the most effort, almost 50 attempts. Haven't tried BrM yet, and druid might come close. got him to 4% with druid, once. now i can't get past phase 1 80% of my pulls. (Question - does the adds do 300% more dmg in druid challenge or something? i feel like i melt in a second if i ever let them start channeling. Have to use orbs almost every add group as druid)
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2018-05-09 at 08:52 PM.

If I have all the mage tower appearances unlocked on Hunter A and I make a new hunter, will they be unlocked on Hunter B?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Invoke Niuzao is what you're looking for, essentially bursting down Inquisitor asap and (if timed right) off CD when Kruul activates.

940 Prot and Sub should be a breeze. Sub is all about the adds, and having high mastery for those finishing moves helped my character a lot.
    Well, I managed to get Brew after about 40 tries, which was a bit much because I got Kruul to 10m on my second try. For some reason I seemed to get worse and eventually I had to buy more consumables, use my high-level relic I wanted to save for Mist and respec my talents a bit to make Tiger's Fist do a lot more damage.

First attempt with agility flask I managed to get him, so quickly that Niuzao didn't even come off cooldown, so about 2:55. But it was close, Velen was tanking Nether Horrors and was down to 5% ... I suck so much at Brew lol.

I also decided to try Subtlety because I didn't have a sub legendary so I farmed 1000 essences and got the Cloak which people said were good. And it was, managed to one-shot it despite making several mistakes, such as being at 5% hp several times, leaked two adds during the first wave, but in the end it didn't matter, once I managed to get Nightblade on all adds I could dps them down and 940 was enough to kill him despite leaking the first wave. Again, was down to like 10% hp and nowhere to run at the end but that's my fourth one-shot.

Going to casually try Mistweaver a bit until this tower end, but I'm aiming at doing Mistweaver next time it's up since it feels fairly doable, and then finally it's just the rumored Protection Paladin left. 34/36...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    If I have all the mage tower appearances unlocked on Hunter A and I make a new hunter, will they be unlocked on Hunter B?
    Not in Legion, but you'll be able to transmog them on all your hunters in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Kruul: Easiest: Blood DK, no competition. Hardest: Vengeance or Druid. No idea why people say vengeance is the easiest, so far, it's the one that took the most effort, almost 50 attempts. Haven't tried BrM yet, and druid might come close. got him to 4% with druid, once. now i can't get past phase 1 80% of my pulls. (Question - does the adds do 300% more dmg in druid challenge or something? i feel like i melt in a second if i ever let them start channeling. Have to use orbs almost every add group as druid)
    Finally someone who agrees with me on Blood, although Vengeance was a close second to me. Great self-heal, great cleave, can't get knocked off by infernals, what more can one ask for? If I hadn't been so awful at Sigils it would've probably been #1 for me.

About the channel, all classes melts in a second. You're supposed to interrupt it the split second they finish casting it, or earlier if you can burst them down before you get the second cast off. That's why only classes with AoE interrupt gets the channel to begin with, it's a one-shot if you don't manage it correctly.

Also, I can say that one thing that guides doesn't mention but works quite well with higher ilvl is to dps him down with boomkin when you've got the time. It grants a ton of damage if you're sequencing it correctly and sped up phase 1 for me quite a lot. Although I had prydaz, I'm not sure how well it works without, if you can tank the rends. But might be worth a shot if you're struggling on P1 druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I'm trying to gear up all my characters, but I have no legendaries other than my main. But I don't think it'll matter because I doubt I have the skills to clear any of them :P
    Possibly the healing challenges.
    There's always the legendary ring from downing Antorus, which you can get even in LFR. Also this late into the exp you're guaranteed a legendary if you just gear up a bit. And of course you can farm them - One run of LFR gives you about 300 essences, then do dailys on top of that and you'll easily have 3-4 once you start doing the towers.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-05-09 at 09:41 PM.

So far I've done almost all the DPS ones (frost mage and sub left) and almost all the tank ones (BM left, but I really really suck at it), but I've yet to do a single healer challenge. I've heard they're awful so I've been putting them off. For those who have done the healing challenges, which would you say is the easiest and/or the "best" one to try first (ie learning the fight on)?

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Cant get it with my BrM; I watched videos and it seemed so easy with people doing it at 915 lvl, mine is 955 and cant even get past the first stage, I pull him to Velen, send in angry dave, dps till 5 stacks, then run around, seems like I have zero dps, the meter says like no more than 600k, I say this because thats all im doing is running around to get mobs and sometimes overwhelmed with them, I have 2 infernals out sometimes! and the only time I did kill the inquisitor 2 seconds later Velen dies...
    I had problems with this too, spent too much time getting down adds. Eventually I respecced so I could go Keg -> Fire -> Leg Sweep -> Keg for the first pack, use artifact ability for the second, Keg -> Fire -> Leg Sweep -> Keg on the third and that would be enough to push it into phase 2.

About dps, use Niuzao and burst him down until you have 6 stacks, clear eyes and stack and then go back in with adds and cleave them. I manage to kill Varys and Kruul in 2:55 at 941 ilvl, so it's a pretty agresive burst-heavy fight.

Also, I'd recommend not using the Ox statue. It both despawns Niuzao and cause the adds to not go to you to get cleaved, but to the statue, making you waste time picking them up. Just toss a barrel over at them when they're at Velen and they'll come to get cleaved.

I can recommend watching Darkmechs guide on youtube, I definitely felt he had the best talents and playstyle out of all the guides I read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokei View Post
    So far I've done almost all the DPS ones (frost mage and sub left) and almost all the tank ones (BM left, but I really really suck at it), but I've yet to do a single healer challenge. I've heard they're awful so I've been putting them off. For those who have done the healing challenges, which would you say is the easiest and/or the "best" one to try first (ie learning the fight on)?
    They're not that bad when you're high geared, but they're pretty long, each attempt takes up to 15-20 minutes (depending on how far you get) compared to dps and tanks which are 5 minute tops. That's because it consist 7 stages, although there's only two difficult and one slightly difficult ones.

Personally I found the Paladin to be by faaaaaaaaAAAAR the easiest but it might've been because it was my second-to-last healer and I had really good trinkets. But it just had all the tools. Great CC with hammer and repentance, insane split healing with Beacon of Light and Beacon of Faith, great CDs for burst healing (wings and holy avenger), good DPS and lots of useful "oh shit"-buttons. I got to the final boss and almost finished it on my first attempt, and killed him on my second.

Runners-up would be Resto Druid and Resto Shaman. While both of them lacks a bit in the CC department they're great at split healing, range dpsing and shamans have great burst potential too.

Most difficult would be Holy priest. It really sucks in the split healing department which makes the second difficult phase a nightmare. It's fairly doable once you learn and chain and play everything correctly, but it punishes you brutally if you don't know the spells and mechanics in a way no other healer class does imho.

Haven't done Mist yet, but I've done two attempts and it feels pretty doable, probably comparable to Druid and Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Personally I found the Paladin to be by faaaaaaaaAAAAR the easiest but it might've been because it was my second-to-last healer and I had really good trinkets. But it just had all the tools. Great CC with hammer and repentance, insane split healing with Beacon of Light and Beacon of Faith, great CDs for burst healing (wings and holy avenger), good DPS and lots of useful "oh shit"-buttons. I got to the final boss and almost finished it on my first attempt, and killed him on my second.

Runners-up would be Resto Druid and Resto Shaman. While both of them lacks a bit in the CC department they're great at split healing, range dpsing and shamans have great burst potential too.

Most difficult would be Holy priest. It really sucks in the split healing department which makes the second difficult phase a nightmare. It's fairly doable once you learn and chain and play everything correctly, but it punishes you brutally if you don't know the spells and mechanics in a way no other healer class does imho.

Haven't done Mist yet, but I've done two attempts and it feels pretty doable, probably comparable to Druid and Shaman.
    Just curious, which trinkets did you have that you'd consider "really good"? I'm definitely lacking in the trinket department so wanna know what to keep an eye out for.

(Question - does the adds do 300% more dmg in druid challenge or something? i feel like i melt in a second if i ever let them start channeling. Have to use orbs almost every add group as druid)
    Yes, you're basically dead if you let the adds cast on you in the Guardian challenge. You need to use Incapacitating Roar the instant they start channelling to cancel the spell. If you disorient them during the cast they'll just use it again right away, but if you get it off during the channel they won't.

And I am FINALLY done!!!

All classes, all specs, with some room to spare in terms of time until the content is removed.
    Now I just have to get M+ 15 on 7 more characters, and I'll be set in terms of appearances. I can 100% say that this experience made me feel nostalgic about the Challenge Modes of MoP...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokei View Post
    Just curious, which trinkets did you have that you'd consider "really good"? I'm definitely lacking in the trinket department so wanna know what to keep an eye out for.
    Concave reflecting lens, which often procs a heal that bounces to 4 people (the exact amount of people in your group), but it only drops from Glazer so you can only get a 910+ from a chest. The other was Highfathers Machinations from Coven, it places a buff that heals a target for huge amounts if it falls under 50% hp. Not that good for the burst healing but insanely good for the first phase, and probably one of the reasons I never failed that phase once as pala.

I'd say that Ishkar's Felshield Emitter from Antoran High Command was a huge MVP for my Shaman too, it's places a huge shield on a target and is a really good "oh shit"-button.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-05-09 at 11:12 PM.

jesus christ, this guardian druid challenge is making me insane!. how am i supposed to do this? have tried every tactic possible, often gets kruul to arround 5%, but i just can't keep up with the adds. the fact that they are immune for the 3 seconds incapacitation roar disrupts them is insane...

and who came up with the idea of making the freaking infernal knockbacks invisible... can't see where the he they are when inside the black goo, and with so much going on, it's hard to tell which way the infernals are facing.

have spend all my 7k nether shards on my druid now... guess i wi have to go back farming...

shouldn't be this hard with ilvl 937, and an ivl 961 weapon...

jesus christ, this guardian druid challenge is making me insane!. how am i supposed to do this? have tried every tactic possible, often gets kruul to arround 5%, but i just can't keep up with the adds. the fact that they are immune for the 3 seconds incapacitation roar disrupts them is insane...

and who came up with the idea of making the freaking infernal knockbacks invisible... can't see where the he they are when inside the black goo, and with so much going on, it's hard to tell which way the infernals are facing.

have spend all my 7k nether shards on my druid now... guess i wi have to go back farming...

shouldn't be this hard with ilvl 937, and an ivl 961 weapon...
    My only advice is watch timing on Incap Roar add packs. If you can hit them right as they finish casting/start to channel, they become harmless bystanders that die to Cleave and you can largely ignore them. If you're getting Kruul to 5% you're really close to a kill. Hang in there.