Page 8 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dont see the point. I rarely transmog, cant be bothered to do it. I guess its a fun challenge, but I will only do it on my 2 mains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodhistiva View Post
    Just finished my 36/36 and I did have a few literal "1 shot never even played the spec before" this set.

One was demonology, but it was my final Sigryn spec so I knew to look up my fears and interrupts and macro them accordingly, yolo'ing the rest. (Had just finished Arcane, so imagine my excitement when I was able to HEAL)

The other was Disc, also my final Tugar spec. I had SUCH a stressful time doing this challenge as Destro that I've pretty much mastered the timings and didn't break a sweat. Plus any mistakes could be healed away.

The last (and definitely most exciting) was Balance druid, but again - this is after a LOT of practice on this fight in other specs, some I hadn't even finished. It effectively became druids mobility and damage while moving became the "thing" that would have gotten me kills for the other specs I needed more practice on.

To contrast - my final 2 challenges were Outlaw and Subtlety, so by this point I know Agatha and Xylem very well. Both of these took me close to 20 attempts EACH. Some classes felt very natural to jump in and play. Rogues have never been that class for me.

(As a tip to others, I finally started getting damn close to Agatha and then having an absolutely immaculate kill when I spec'd into slice and dice. It simplified the class a lot for me, which was what I needed immensely over trying to figure out what the fuck these different symbols in roll the bones mean and crying that I don't get leech when I need it)
    Slice & Dice was also gamechanging for me with Outlaw. And I had the same experience when running Demo lock. Just needed to set up one macro to fear Sigryn and that was it.

With Arcane mage, I either had Prydaz or blink chest, this helps a lot with survival. It was also the fight where I did not keep Runeseer as my main target, but either Sigryn or Jarl instead most of the time - so I could slow them periodically with Arcane Barrage, while running around them, spamming AE. Of course, had to be a bit careful when Sigryn was polymorphed. Also, the speed boost from Arcane Barrage (+Chrono Shift talent) was handy when I had to run over runes with my alt who did not get the Sephuz legendary.

So, I am not only an altoholic, but also a magetowerholic. Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Its a total spazz fest of jumping shooting attempting to retarget etc etc.
    Not sure if you know it, but hands show up as bosses on the far right of your screen, and they're pretty easily targettable from there.

I've personally done it on a few specs - and with my lack of patience I'm not planning in doing them for "meh" skins.

- Priest : Shadow, Holy
    - DK : Unholy, Frost
    - DH : Havoc, Vengeance
    - Mage : Frost
    - Druid : Balance
    - Warlock : Affliction

The easiest, for me, were the Frost DK (one-shotted it, but I've had a lot of tries with the Havoc DH previously) and Afflock/Balance Druid (dat perma-slow for the first and insane mobility for the second...), but I also had a ton of tries on twins.

I've tried the BloodDK a few times but I think I've taken bad habits on my VengDH, ignoring bumps and all, so I've given up.

Congratulations to those who completed this "Challenge's challenge", even with the ilvl upgrade, that's still an impressive performance !

Frost Dk
    Unholy Dk
    Blood Dk
    Prot Pally
    Ret Pally
    WW Monk
    BM Monk
    Frost Mage
    Fire Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Outlaw Rogue
    Assassination Rogue
    BM Hunter
    Vengeance DH
    Enhance Shaman

Still plan on doing all of Warlock, Disc, spriest, Feral, Boomkin, Guardian, all of warrior, MM and Survival, Havoc DH and I think thats it. I won't bother with the healing weapons for healing specs because I don't heal and most of them look terrible. Sub rogue's weapon is terrible too and Ele shaman is miserable to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think Sigryn is even easier tbh because it is easy on ALL specs. Feltotem at least is hard on Destro. And I think practically speaking, Agatha is easiest because the fight is bugged and you can cheese it so badly between lightblood, bandage and command tower buff. But doing it properly it is probably among the harder dps challenges (I think Twins is the hardest dps challenge)
    Guess they're more subjective than I imagined then, Sigryn is one of the more difficult for me. I have problems detonating all runes, and eventually there's a bunch of mechanics all happening at once who all deal considerable damage. Feltotem only has one really, felburst, but even if you miss it you can survive and heal up for the next if you're decently geared. And I found destro to be the easiest of all feltotems, it has great selfhealing and can fear him during quake so he doesn't summon any adds.

I'll agree that Agatha and Twins are the most difficult, but only for some specs. They are the two I've one-shot so far (unholy and balance), but for some classes they're pretty overtuned. Affliction warlock is by far the most difficult dps challenge I've tried so far, without the ring that is.

Resto Shaman
    Enhancement Shaman
    Elemental Shaman
    Windwalker Monk
    Guardian Druid
    Feral Druid
    Balance Druid
    Retribution Paladin
    Disc Priest
    Shadow Priest
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Demonology Warlock
    Destro Warlock
    Affliction Warlock
    Frost Mage
    Fire Mage
    Sub Rogue
    Assas Rogue
    Outlaw Rogue

Really struggled with arcane last reset. After one shotting the fire challange and 5-6 attempts on frost, i probably spent 4 hours trying to do the Arcane challange. Hopefully i can do it this reset with some better gear and real arcane legendaries. Other than that, planning on doing the rest, still need to level up my warrior, hunter and DK.

I struggled the most with Sub/shadow/affliction
    Last edited by prudi; 2018-02-22 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started working on this myself. So far I've completed 21/36. I haven't really been in a rush to do it, so I only do 2-3 each time the tower is up. I don't aim for any particular gear levels, so these challenges were completed with gear ranging from 894-950 with or without tier or legendaries depending on the alt. So far I've completed:

Shaman - All specs
    Death Knight - All specs
    Hunter - All specs
    Mage All specs
    Demon Hunter - All specs
    Priest - Shadow & Disc
    Druid - Guardian, Feral, & Balance
    Paladin - Ret
    Warlock - Destruction

I just hit 110 on both my rogue and monk, so I'll work on getting a little gear on those two and unlocking their artifacts so I can try those ones soon. Its a fun little personal challenge.

At this point it's more of a do you got the time to do it thing.

Deleted
    I hope to finish it this week but I honestly don't see how I can get past affli lock without sacrolash. I guess I need to farm trinkets with snare effects.
    You could try the "cheese" strategy with infernal tanking Karam up to P5. I moved my infernal as far away from me as possible but still in range for my spells and pet heal, and only had to kite Karam in P5 when Raest was already low on health. Don't remember if I switched to doomlord for P5 or not. Though I was overgearing the challenge with an item level of about 930, on the other hand, I am not good with Affliction. You just need to stand right beside Karam at the start, and take one hit, and spam pet attack so the infernal can grab aggro. Then, you let your dots do the work, and move your pet away, so Karam will need to run a bit before P5. I let the infernal stay on Karam through P2 while damaging Raest, so it could get back aggro right after Karam leaves his first purgatory.

Destruction was a bit hard to practice, but since it's my favorite spec, I had to get this one first. Demonology was one shot, I did not even buffed properly because I just wanted to take a peek at the encounter, but it was my last character for Sigryn, so I already knew what to do.

Anecdotic fact: I have Affliction as my lootspec since forever, still don't have the ring... and no Sephuz, either.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You could try the "cheese" strategy with infernal tanking Karam up to P5.
    If you're gonna cheese it you can cheese it full out, and coil him just when he's about to go into purgatory so he just stands there for a while before re-casting it, giving you plenty of time to nuke Raest down and completely skipping phase 2 and 3. That combined with infernal tanking p1 makes affliction one of the easiest ones. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was more interesting when you had around 900ilvl gear. Right now wearing the magetower skin feels pretty causal - however they look great (more or less).

I've done all three with my main (DK) when it still was challenging.
    Did Feral and Guardian on top because of the epic catform and bearform.
    Did the one for Healers with the Monk, just to have finished it once (and because so many healers were crying in forums).

Did not do the rest. I don't want to gear my other chars that mostly wear 880 Antorus gear tokens.
    Perhaps I'll do the three WL challenges once my VE is 110.

I'm close.

Will be 2/3 Paladin when it's next up, probably doing Fury and Affliction as well as I have the gear and right Legendaries.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2018-02-22 at 02:14 PM.

i did on fury warrior and monk windwalker and damn i hated to do monk when there is those 1 shot spells that need to interrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Not sure if you know it, but hands show up as bosses on the far right of your screen, and they're pretty easily targettable from there.
    Like you have time to click anything....

Actually I made some progress on this towards the end of this last cycle. I still hate this one more than life itself though, but man i really do want that MM skin. I just need to get better with the spec I think, so i can actually look at the field and not stare at my bars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    You could try the "cheese" strategy with infernal tanking Karam up to P5. I moved my infernal as far away from me as possible but still in range for my spells and pet heal, and only had to kite Karam in P5 when Raest was already low on health. Don't remember if I switched to doomlord for P5 or not. Though I was overgearing the challenge with an item level of about 930, on the other hand, I am not good with Affliction. You just need to stand right beside Karam at the start, and take one hit, and spam pet attack so the infernal can grab aggro. Then, you let your dots do the work, and move your pet away, so Karam will need to run a bit before P5. I let the infernal stay on Karam through P2 while damaging Raest, so it could get back aggro right after Karam leaves his first purgatory.

Destruction was a bit hard to practice, but since it's my favorite spec, I had to get this one first. Demonology was one shot, I did not even buffed properly because I just wanted to take a peek at the encounter, but it was my last character for Sigryn, so I already knew what to do.

Anecdotic fact: I have Affliction as my lootspec since forever, still don't have the ring... and no Sephuz, either.
    I swear even with the ring, Karam is faster than you are in P3. I was balls to the wall in Burning Rush and he catches me easily. Again I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Ye gods I hate that challenge.

Oh will try, thanks
    It's a tricky timing though. The best way to nail it is to have sounds on and cast it just when Raest shouts "Worthless!" or whatever the exact phrase was, but I think it's a one second window or something, so it might take a try or two to get down. But yeah, it really makes it easy. And considering how disgustingly overtuned and legendary-reliant it is, I don't even feel bad for cheesing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Like you have time to click anything....

Actually I made some progress on this towards the end of this last cycle. I still hate this one more than life itself though, but man i really do want that MM skin. I just need to get better with the spec I think, so i can actually look at the field and not stare at my bars.

I swear even with the ring, Karam is faster than you are in P3. I was balls to the wall in Burning Rush and he catches me easily. Again I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Ye gods I hate that challenge.
    I think you're working yourself up for no reason, The MM fight is pretty lowly tuned, way below mages or warlocks, so the damage should be more than enough even if you take a second here and there to target things.

And Karam speeds up, so each phase he chases you is its own dps check. He has a red rage icon that stacks the longer the fight goes on, which makes him faster and faster until he eventually catches up.

Got a question regarding the other tints and offspecs, that I could never find a definitive answer for:

The 7.3 Patch Notes state that progress towards the other tints would be applied to all specs' Challenge Appearance. But that doesn't clarify whether this would apply to specs for which you don't have the base appearance unlocked yet.

Say I unlocked the Challenge Appearance for spec A, and then worked on or completed the requirements for the other tints. Now I complete the Challenge for spec B.
    Will the progress I made with spec A be applied to the tints of spec B, or will only progress from now on apply to both A and B?

Would be great to know as especially the RBG requirement is time-consuming as shit, don't really want to do that twice, especially on alts.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2018-02-22 at 03:23 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    DH - Vengeance, Havoc
    DK - Frost
    Druid - Feral
    Paladin - Ret
    Warlock - Destro
    Monk - BrM, WW

Going for prot paladin next. I think I'll stop there unless I want to gear my mage or try another spec on my warlock. Heard UH isn't that bad either.

Easiest so far as been WW monk and the hardest was Frost DK. The lack of mobility from Frost had me overgearing the fight just so I could get to p2 easier. As for the tank challenge... DH easiest and if I get the paladin one down that one will be the hardest for me in terms of tanking.
    Last edited by Sett; 2018-02-22 at 03:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    It's a tricky timing though. The best way to nail it is to have sounds on and cast it just when Raest shouts "Worthless!" or whatever the exact phrase was, but I think it's a one second window or something, so it might take a try or two to get down. But yeah, it really makes it easy. And considering how disgustingly overtuned and legendary-reliant it is, I don't even feel bad for cheesing it.

I think you're working yourself up for no reason, The MM fight is pretty lowly tuned, way below mages or warlocks, so the damage should be more than enough even if you take a second here and there to target things.

And Karam speeds up, so each phase he chases you is its own dps check. He has a red rage icon that stacks the longer the fight goes on, which makes him faster and faster until he eventually catches up.
    I'm definitely going to try the Mortal Coil thing next time around. As far as MM, I just think I need to get better. I havn't played the spec at all in Legion until basically yesterday.

Sill I did get 4 challenges done this time around... Havoc (which was my main goal after being so close last time), Elemental and Fire (before the Command Center came up, should have waited... but these weren't too bad), and Assassination which I found the easiest so far, perfect skillset for the job. Got oh so close as Outlaw with the CC up, several < 10% wipes after the damn marbles ran me over at the end. Definitely will get that one next time.

My tip comes from Fire Mage... if you have the Scorch belt... use it, it is just insane at the end when shit gets a little hairy. Basically a free Flamestrike every second to nuke down imp packs and/or nuke on the boss, and castable while avoiding marbles. I wish this skin was nicer, though.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2018-02-26 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Heard UH isn't that bad either.
    I read WoWhead guide, picked the talents it suggested, read IcyVeins, had gear around 930 with shit weapon ilvl and one shot it.

I still have no idea how to play the spec, you have enough burst to get her down to 50% quickly and enough tools to handle adds.