Page 1 of 66
... LastLast

Mage Tower - All classes, all specs! Is this usual?

One of the guildies got hes own little challenge completed at weekend. He now has finished mage tower on all of the possible specs in the game. I know it's Broken shore content, but c'mon... All specs :O

I just started to wonder how usual achievement this is? Reminds me of iron man challenge. I see these own little 'mini'games in WoW quite fun actually. They are also fun to follow as a guildmember.

http://www.janedoe.eu/

...LF dps Warrior btw. 2d/w M Raiding...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's been done a few times now but it's still quite impressive I think.

Deleted
    Well.. Mage tower challenge is possible with ilvl 900 character which you can have in few hours after gaining lvl 110 and 30 mins on Argus to get AP for lvl artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far I've only done it on hunter, haven't bothered on any alts yet. But as stated, think its pretty impressive as well.
    Armory - R.IO - If you give a Bear a Bratwurst, He´s gonna want some brains!

I got 4 of them done, mm+bm hunter (ilvl 905ish when done) then feral (ilvl 927 ish when done) and protection paladin (ilvl 907ish when done) the prot pally broke me ..

I personally know where this mage tower is and what's the concept, that's it. Finding it hard sometimes to keep main topped on things for M raiding, even if we raid just twice per week. Got myself only druid at 110 at this point on top of my hunter. I find it really insane to have all classes at 110, then having viable specs and some knowledge for all of those specs. It's friekin 36 specs! How many hours is that taking to get mage towers then done? It's not even up for one third of time and you need to also sleep.

For me these are something I really can't figure out how they are done...

It's something I'm planning on doing, although I'm waiting until I have every legendary(halfway there) + 75 traits + Antorus gear, simply because I don't particularly care for the challenge, just want the appearances before BfA. Only did Feral/Balance/Fury/Arms/Sub/Havoc/WW/Unholy/Shadow so far.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it as Feral and Guardian, I'll do it on resto next, then maybe Boomkin, (Played since 08 and never played Balance xD) I'd like to "complete" the druid challenge, All the other classes/speccs though, Most likely not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I got 4 of them done, mm+bm hunter (ilvl 905ish when done) then feral (ilvl 927 ish when done) and protection paladin (ilvl 907ish when done) the prot pally broke me ..
    The Prot Pally one is horse shit. Kiting the adds and boss effectively. Here is a knockback off the stage. No eyes. I spent about 6 tries nailing down P1. P2 is another level of stupid mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    The Prot Pally one is horse shit. Kiting the adds and boss effectively. Here is a knockback off the stage. No eyes. I spent about 6 tries nailing down P1. P2 is another level of stupid mechanics.
    i finally got prot pally down last week, outside the first mage tower i did this one gave me the most satisfaction, had a 0.9% wipe on it 2 days before i finally did it thanks to my naga keybind with bubble on it deciding not to work :-(

as for all specs mage tower, this is something i'm working on got 9 specs left now. whats holding back most of those specs though isn't really gear (outside mostly not having spec specific legendaries for some of them) its more knowledge of the spec and rotation as i just don't play/haven't played the specs i.e. gave outlaw one try and realised i didn't even have a roll the bones weak aura so had zero idea what buffs i was getting.

the thing i've found with the challenges (ignoring the fact some classes just plain have easier times than others on the same challenge - looking at you feral druid and brutal slash) is as soon as you've done it once, like a raid boss, its alot easier to repeat on different specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    i finally got prot pally down last week, outside the first mage tower i did this one gave me the most satisfaction, had a 0.9% wipe on it 2 days before i finally did it thanks to my naga keybind with bubble on it deciding not to work :-(

as for all specs mage tower, this is something i'm working on got 9 specs left now. whats holding back most of those specs though isn't really gear (outside mostly not having spec specific legendaries for some of them) its more knowledge of the spec and rotation as i just don't play/haven't played the specs i.e. gave outlaw one try and realised i didn't even have a roll the bones weak aura so had zero idea what buffs i was getting.

the thing i've found with the challenges (ignoring the fact some classes just plain have easier times than others on the same challenge - looking at you feral druid and brutal slash) is as soon as you've done it once, like a raid boss, its alot easier to repeat on different specs.
    Yeah, it definitely gets easier once you know the boss mechanics and just have to play the spec. Feral was a bit harder before the "rework" in 7.3, because Brutal Slash was weaker(not that the challenge was super hard in the first place, but the "rework" trivialized it by giving you stronger AoE for no tradeoff). It's also interesting to see how the "hard" parts of the challenges are different from spec to spec(for example as Sub, the problem was staying alive rather than doing damage in P1, while Havoc had no issues staying alive in P1)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-11-27 at 12:08 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's also interesting to see how the "hard" parts of the challenges are different from spec to spec(for example as Sub, the problem was staying alive rather than doing damage in P1, while Havoc had no issues staying alive in P1)
    yeah i like that aspect, though it works better in some cases than others, i do like that they tried to give each spec a "moment to shine" in each challenge one of my favourites is prot warrior been able to spell reflect twisted reflection during phase 2 so they get the healing when kruul attacks.

my biggest gripe though is how legendary dependant some of the challenges are couldn't even image attempting guardian druid for example without luffas or ekowraith.

I'm at 28/36 right now and have just been putting off the healing skins, other than Disc, since I haven't healed since WOTLK. Ill finish it up over the holiday break.

It hasn't hard, some skins have been easier than others simply because lucky legendary RNG.

I'm at 22/36. With a bit of Legendary luck and the 910 Gear you can buy, it's rly not that hard.
    I don't like to play Tank Classes, but man i love the Tank Mage Tower Challenges, 5/6 Tanks done Monk is missing atm.

Been done with them since late October. Was fun for the most part, though some of the healer challenges and the affliction one were kinda annoying.

Done by a fair few amount of people, myself included

I have none, but that's because I've been waiting to gear up as much as I care to. My long, long term goal is to get them all (or at least the better half) before BfA. Figure it'll only get easier. Would be easy with the third legendary, but since I only raid LFR now that I've finished Balance of Power on all 12 classes that's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Prot was my favourite to do of the tanking ones

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks for the motivation :P - it is the one (because flail) I like to have most .... Damn. At least I already have the "mandatory" legendary legs
    Even if you didn't have the legs the shoulders help with the adds as well. That's how I completed it.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thanks for the motivation :P - it is the one (because flail) I like to have most .... Damn. At least I already have the "mandatory" legendary legs
    I did mine with sephuz and belt, pish posh mandatory