Affliction challenge death coil hotfixed?

I see a lot of videos of people doing the affliction challenge by using death coil just when Karam uses Purgatory, making the encounter significantly easier. I tried that too, but every time it says "invalid target". Has it been hotfixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I see a lot of videos of people doing the affliction challenge by using death coil just when Karam uses Purgatory, making the encounter significantly easier. I tried that too, but every time it says "invalid target". Has it been hotfixed?
    It worked fine a couple of weeks back for people and unlikely they would have changed it so late into it now. You are perhaps going a little late.

Deleted
    The timing is very critical on this. You have to get Death Coil at exactly the right moment, including allowing for it's travel time. AFAIk the best way is to fire it just as the other guy starts to say "useless"

Deleted
    just to confirm, I successfully used this to do the challenge on my warlock just last ID.

I just did it yesterday so probably not.

Yeah, keyword is 'useless' hit it as soon as he says it and you should be okay. make sure your in range to DC (which is shorter ranged then most spells), and hit it as soon as he says it.