The site is currently in read-only mode.

The site is currently in read-only mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Saying the company sounds like garbage when it's pretty much industry standard for any decent-level job says a lot about you.
    Agree with this. Generalizations are bad. I've been in a company where the lowest income earners can accrue upwards of 32 days/yr (after some time served), and I've also been in a company where professionals earning in the 90th+ percentiles of US income get much less vacation. Elitism on the internet is comical and pathetic. Everyone makes 400k a year, owns a 7000 sqft house with 3 acres of land, and most importantly, is 12/11M.

Asian guild killed Coven.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Any melee? lol

Call centers also pay roughly half, if that, of what a design/engineering company will, and it's a lot easier to replace someone if they're out of the office at a call center.

Saying the company sounds like garbage when it's pretty much industry standard for any decent-level job says a lot about you.
    lol ya its a good job, just a small company, can't afford to have people out. only thing that should change here is we dont get more vacation until 10 years which is dumb, should be 5 more at 3 or 5. Hell, even massive huge international abbott nutrition white collar workers in this same city only get like 10 days to start.

Also, I get sick and personal time on top of the 10 vacation days. but those can be used a little different. we also have great health care.

Most companies in america start people with between 5 and 10 days of vacation if you get any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    So Kuznam is back in Method, eh? With Acurielle if I'm not mistaken. That was kinda .... predictable
    Acurielle is Gamko's hpal, played by Kuznam during NH when Serenity lacked healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The Asians just killed Coven, so probably Aggramar stream inc.
    Did he just end the stream or am i at the wrong one?

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    (i'm just lurking in this thread but figured I'd chime in)

I run a design/engineering department at a prototyping company. I've been here almost 7 years and I only get 10days paid vacation a year. Most people I know get between 5 and 10 days. some get none. Those are people in the design/engineering world. not low level workers.

Either you work in the most shit corporate environment or your're a liar. Engineers who are only going to accept 5 paid vacation days a year, after 7 years of service? Riiight, OK, Jan...
    He said he gets 10 days after having been there seven years, which is a little light, but not crazy. I've worked several places (I am an automotive engineer) where you get 1-2 weeks at the start, and have to go to 5 or 10 years to get an extra week. But the pay is good and we get personal time as well, just like he mentioned. Honestly, most years I couldn't take off more than a week or two if I wanted to, due to deadlines and program launches.

All that being said with the caveat that every job market is different, and within every job market every company can vary. Now can we stop with this? Most if not all the world first raiders aren't leaving corporate jobs to raid anyways. Sco is the only one I'm aware of that had an office job, and he quit that years ago.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by m2k View Post
    Did he just end the stream or am i at the wrong one?
    Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, everyone except the tank logged off. Maybe they are calling it for today.

Now can we stop with this?
    I'd be all for this because the topic brings out the full retard in people, but we need SOMETHING to fill this thread up before the inevitable Argus kill! May as well be the usual "US cant get WF cuz they work 25hrs/ 367 days a yr" meme.

I am REALLY curious to know what is happening with Aggramar that is stopping LiMiT, but didn't stop Method/Exorsus. It can't possibly be the difference in the amount split runs or gear luck (gear shouldn't be what fixes it at their level).
    "I loved MoP but I think we overestimated how many people loved Pandaren."
    - Gregg "Ghostcrawler" Street

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    (i'm just lurking in this thread but figured I'd chime in)

I run a design/engineering department at a prototyping company. I've been here almost 7 years and I only get 10days paid vacation a year. Most people I know get between 5 and 10 days. some get none. Those are people in the design/engineering world. not low level workers.

Either you work in the most shit corporate environment or your're a liar. Engineers who are only going to accept 5 paid vacation days a year, after 7 years of service? Riiight, OK, Jan...
    Why are you guys talking about your vacation time in a progression thread. So pointless. No wonder these threads fill up so quickly.

Has method won the "race" yet

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why are you guys talking about your vacation time in a progression thread. So pointless. No wonder these threads fill up so quickly.
    This always happens. Matter of fact, it's been pretty tame this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Has method won the "race" yet
    Because EU playtime vs US playtime is a hot topic

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I am REALLY curious to know what is happening with Aggramar that is stopping LiMiT, but didn't stop Method/Exorsus. It can't possibly be the difference in the amount split runs or gear luck (gear shouldn't be what fixes it at their level).
    The amount of skill I guess?

Any stream link ? Can't find it on Twitch for some reason.
    Mhyroth#21201 for all you Appearance and Transmog addicts ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Because EU playtime vs US playtime is a hot topic
    every kind of competition needs to turn into a nation/continent fight.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Except the NFL, apparently.
    "I loved MoP but I think we overestimated how many people loved Pandaren."
    - Gregg "Ghostcrawler" Street

He said he gets 10 days after having been there seven years, which is a little light, but not crazy. I've worked several places (I am an automotive engineer) where you get 1-2 weeks at the start, and have to go to 5 or 10 years to get an extra week. But the pay is good and we get personal time as well, just like he mentioned. Honestly, most years I couldn't take off more than a week or two if I wanted to, due to deadlines and program launches.

All that being said with the caveat that every job market is different, and within every job market every company can vary. Now can we stop with this? Most if not all the world first raiders aren't leaving corporate jobs to raid anyways. Sco is the only one I'm aware of that had an office job, and he quit that years ago.
    yup you get it. most of my larger and regular clients are automotive suppliers. I also have a ton of friends that are designers/engineers up in detroit (i went to school for car design). most of the time i cant take time off due to running a part of a company.

I think it is relevant to bring up the time availability of the aging wow player base. If i were in a worlds first raiding guild, i would technically have enough vacation to do it, BUT my wife would be furious. no wife or kids or job responsibility? less of an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    i dont think its so much about that (well to some people of course). I wish i got more time off. I'm pretty jealous of europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, everyone except the tank logged off. Maybe they are calling it for today.
    It is 3am over there
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

What was the stream link?