Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nerf all supports except for LiLi, buff hammer in some sort of bizarre hope that she'll become meta, and soon make invis heroes not so invis. #Balance

This update is now live in all regions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hammer literally feels like shit, and she has -7% win ratio than what she had before.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Hammer literally feels like shit, and she has -7% win ratio than what she had before.
    I was skeptical of a rework that seem to favour her further into siege mode, seems it was well founded.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I was skeptical of a rework that seem to favour her further into siege mode, seems it was well founded.
    Yeah, I kinda figured she'd be feast or famine aswell. If you don't punish her for being in Siege Mode, she's obnoxious, if you draft blinds or any skillshot characters or dive, she gets fucked, hard (Kreygasm).

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Yeah, I kinda figured she'd be feast or famine aswell. If you don't punish her for being in Siege Mode, she's obnoxious, if you draft blinds or any skillshot characters or dive, she gets fucked, hard (Kreygasm).
    mine based builds seem solid on her, using siege only in long range situations/pushing.

Deleted
    She's - even more than before - a last pick, getting countered by stealth, dive and other artillery like Chromie, Ming, Junkrat and to a degree Azmodan. She needs at least some buffs or will join Medivh and Chen in the 40% abyss.

Li Li on the other hand seems to be one of the winners of the great '17 support slaughter, no longer sucking more than the rest. Generally margin of error when playing healers got significantly lower and you're even more dependant on peel and protection. Lame, lame, unfun patch.

I tried Hammer in a couple of QMs, she doesn't feel all that different (apart from muscle memory causing some issues).

I mean sure the 20% armour can feel useful at times but the move-whilst-in-seige is now so slow it barely feels like moving at all, so going for other heroes in siege mode really requires them to get trapped for me for her to do much at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    I tried Hammer in a couple of QMs, she doesn't feel all that different (apart from muscle memory causing some issues).

I mean sure the 20% armour can feel useful at times but the move-whilst-in-seige is now so slow it barely feels like moving at all, so going for other heroes in siege mode really requires them to get trapped for me for her to do much at all.
    i found the armor when being stunned or rooted better personally than the armor, but i guess on use can get useful when talented it seems a good defensive when targeted.

Yes that movement while i siege honestly, not worth taking as it stands now. Previously it could close a few small gaps or move slowly out of an attack or aoe effect now you can't do that at all so it's pointless. Another one is reducing the time on thrusters but only based on how often you hit heroes, so that means if you're laning or want to get back in the fight quickly, it really was not needed to make an already slow hero slower.

And yes the muscle memory, rather had them put the armor on D and keep siege on E. The times i pressed E ugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teamkiller View Post
    mine based builds seem solid on her, using siege only in long range situations/pushing.
    A good piece of shit is still a piece of shit.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

First impressions after playing the new Sgt. Hammer for two games: pretty good.
    Se keeps her niche, while gaining some tools to deal with or punish agression, which she sorely lacked before. The new ability to gain 25/50 armor is nice and helps against long range/burst characters (Chromie, Li Ming and (not to forget Hanzo is comming soon!)). At the same time she lost First Aid which hurts her sustain a bit.

I like how the talent rows are organized now, where damage increases compete with other damage increases and not untility. This certainly makes trying different builds more fun. The only thing I don't really like is the new Ambush at level 1. The old "go into siege mode, get a crit hit in and unsiege" part of the ability is gone. Maybe it's just me who will miss it though....

Overall I would rate the rework closer to Leoric's (Good), than Li Li's (I miss the old one...).